Author Topic: Cult of Personality  (Read 1612 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Cult of Personality
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:35:39 AM »
IF I WERE JOHN MCCAIN'S CAMPAIGN, I would have just bought enough time to run this video after Obama's infomercial. Just enough time to add "I'm John McCain and I approved this message" at the end and keep it at 5 minutes . . .

hat tip

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5SVDYBNrY[/youtube]

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:37:51 AM by BT »

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cult of Personality
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »
Awww, maaan, I remember dancing at the clubs MANY times to that song. 

Ironically, McCain could use one of their other pop songs, The Glamour Boys, to try and brand Obama as something that is the total opposite of the truth.

Obama is the real deal.  Smart, wise, centered, honest and "real".

You know.  All the things that they still lie and say about Reagan.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:27:54 PM »

I fear that your disappointment (and it will come) in the man will be devastating.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 02:25:37 AM »
Awww, maaan, I remember dancing at the clubs MANY times to that song. 

Ironically, McCain could use one of their other pop songs, The Glamour Boys, to try and brand Obama as something that is the total opposite of the truth.

You know.  All the things that they still lie and say about Reagan.

I have read the BHO BIO , and I don't know what you are talking about.

What are you talking about?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »
<<I fear that your disappointment (and it will come) in the man will be devastating. >>

Don't worry, liberal Democrats have survived disappointment by Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, so Obama's survivable too.  At his most disappointing, he couldn't possibly be anywhere near as bad as a McCain Presidency or worse yet, a President Palin.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »
Yes you are right.

People are usually stronger emotionally than we give them credit.

Denial and transference are helpful mechanisms I guess.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 01:32:32 AM »
<<I fear that your disappointment (and it will come) in the man will be devastating. >>

Don't worry, liberal Democrats have survived disappointment by Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, so Obama's survivable too.  At his most disappointing, he couldn't possibly be anywhere near as bad as a McCain Presidency or worse yet, a President Palin.

What ?with the Messiaistic expectations he is getting elected with?

If he is Carter Redux , it will be a falling off a cliff sort of let down , I think he has been built up beyond reason.

Don't forget now he is breaking the last color line , imagine Jackie Robinson makeing a lot of errors and hitting no pitches , what would that have done to the league? Robinson absolutely proved that it was no mistake to hire a black person as a big league player , he was as good as the best in the league at that time. Obama needs to be good for the league doesn't he?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »
He will be in charge of a heck of a lot of cleaning up after the Bush administration.  That could take literally years. I expect him to be a centrist. I will push him to be more along the lines of FDR.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 09:12:14 PM »
He will be in charge of a heck of a lot of cleaning up after the Bush administration.  That could take literally years.

Lowered expectations pre-election?

My My

richpo64

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 09:16:01 PM »
>>He will be in charge of a heck of a lot of cleaning up after the Bush administration.<<

I wonder ... like what?

We're winning the war. This bank mess is the fault of the democrats...

Do you think we should get rid of the Medicare drug plan? Clean that up?  What else is there?

Personally I think people who say such things should stop watching ABC or those other liberal lying rags because on balance, the past eight years have been pretty good.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »

I fear that your disappointment (and it will come) in the man will be devastating.

The wife and I just last night made the choice to understand that despite our faith in Obama, he will eventually disappoint us at some point.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 03:15:41 PM »
<<Personally I think people who say such things should stop watching ABC or those other liberal lying rags because on balance, the past eight years have been pretty good.>>

If they're such great years, how come McCain and Palin are running as fast as they can away from them, and how come they can't string together five words unless "maverick" is one of them?

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
Mike wrote:
>>If they're such great years, how come McCain and Palin are running as fast as they can away from them, and how come they can't string together five words unless "maverick" is one of them?<<

Because libtards here in the states watch too much TV and have swallowed the bullshit whole. If you ask most people they'll say they're alright but other people are hurting. They don't actually know anybody, but the TV tells them so, so it must be true. the media in this country is out of control, and it should be stopped. If Obama loses, and he just might, the media will be largely responsible for Brass's riots.

The power of suggestion and the big lie are powerful weapons against freedom. But you already knew that didn't you Mike.