Author Topic: When animals attack...  (Read 1096 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
When animals attack...
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »
Man recovering after being shot by his dog
The 23-year-old suffered injuries to his legs and buttocks

PORTLAND, Ore. - A man who was accidentally shot by a 12-gauge shotgun on Saturday after his dog jumped into a boat is recovering. Matthew Marcum's legs and buttocks were injured in the bizarre incident and he was taken to Legacy Emanuel Hospital & Health Center in Portland.

Marcum's father, Henry, said his 23-year-old son was about to tie up an 11-foot open aluminum boat, when his 3-year-old Labrador, Drake, jumped into the boat.

Matthew Marcum said his dog, Drake, is a good dog and he isn't upset with him.

Dog crashes van into coffeehouse
Pooch named Bentley puts vehicle in drive while owner shopped

ST. JAMES, N.Y. - A dog left inside a running van put the vehicle in drive, causing it to crash into a Long Island coffee house.

Suffolk County police said no one was injured in the incident, which damaged the glass window and some patio furniture at Cool Beanz coffee shop in St. James.

Police said a 60-year-old Port Jefferson resident left the van running while he went into the shop. His dog, Bentley, somehow knocked the controls.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: When animals attack...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »
I love these articles, thanks, Hnumpah.  That last story was made perfect by the dog's name.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:30:45 PM »
Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

SEDALIA, Mo. ? A hunter bagged a big buck on the second day of firearms season, but the kill caused him a lot of pain. Randy Goodman, 49, said he thought two well-placed shots with his .270-caliber rifle had killed the buck on Nov. 19. Goodman said the deer looked dead to him, but seconds later the nine-point, 240-pound animal came to life.

The buck rose up, knocked Goodman down and attacked him with his antlers in what the veteran hunter called "15 seconds of hell." The deer ran a short distance and went down, and died after Goodman fired two more shots.

Soon Goodman started feeling dizzy and noticed his vest was soaked in blood.

So he reached his truck and drove to a hospital, where he received seven staples in his scalp and was treated for a slight concussion and bruises.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
uhm
 isn`t that in a chris farley movie?
tommy boy I think

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »
It's not just movie comedy, it happens in real life. You see these stories every once in a while.

I shot a buck during bow season once, and while I was tracking it (the arrow almost never kills the animal immediately, but they usually don't get far), it charged me from some brush. It took a couple of shots from my .357 backup gun to stop him.