Author Topic: Ok, let's talk brass tax  (Read 5671 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Ok, let's talk brass tax
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »
The germane points were clear by reply #4, and remain so.  You chose to go with the more irrelevent points, believing how I was in error with them.  I would have thought though, the last thread about you erroneously concluding what I supposedly was claiming Bush was saying/implying would have had a finality point to that prediposed tact.  I love the debate and discussions, even when in disagreement, but you really should find another hobby than to try and find error with something sirs posted.  Especially when your conclusions of such an error are grossly in error yourself.

What is the relevance of this post?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
Dealing with the notion that my original post, and subsequent clarity by reply #4, demonstrated the germane points.....that removed any "burden" on your part to weed thru and waste any time on anything irrelevent
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
Hadn't you already posted that thesis?

Are you now being redundant as well as irrelevant?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »
Nope, merely answering your direct question.  But by all means, continue to ignore the point of thread.  It's setting such a great example

*sarcasm alert*
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »
The point of the post was that some guy , maybe even a Republican, had some ideas about how to cut the deficit. And by golly that should shut up the complainers on the left.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
Ummm, wrong again     ::)    How in the world did you make that leap of illogic that this was about how to shut up the left??  I actually know, but its entertaining how you keep validating my deduction on how you keep predisposing what my posts must be about

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
Ummm, wrong again     ::)    How in the world did you make that leap of illogic that this was about how to shut up the left??  I actually know, but its entertaining how you keep validating my deduction on how you keep predisposing what my posts must be about

That seemed to be a point (a: i believe) in the irrelevant first paragraph. Else why include it in the sentence?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »
Asked and answered already.  The fact you're even referencing my a), demonstrates where again how minimal that issue is/was, yet here you are, page 4, declaring it as a predominant "point of the post"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
It didn't require addressing.  It was merely an accurate point being made.
But irrelevant, if i understand you correctly.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
Not completely, as it had relevence to current reality.  But it was a minimal issue, and hardly a declaration that the "point of the post" was some sirs' position of how this should shut the left up. 

I realize what a defensive posture you've put yourself in, and rather than keep the saloon patrons from becoming nauseated at this irrelevant back & forth, that you've put so much time and energy in, with continued erroneous conclusions of what sirs was trying to say, here's what sirs was trying to say

Stossel, regardless of his party affiliation, has some huge ideas about bringing back fiscal discipline and constitutional accountability of the Federal Government.  Perhaps the "Party of limited Government" might want to look these over, as politically unsavory as they might be.  Perhaps saloon patrons may wish to discuss/debate the merits of some of these ideas

That was clearly my point, with the initial posting.  Anything else was reading into it, what they WANTED to read into it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 08:18:09 PM »
I'm sure if anyone wanted to discuss Stossels article, they would have. In fact, CU thanked you for posting it.

You must be beaming with pride.

Better the GOP lawmakers read Stossel than to be left to their own devices like our dear lawmakers in SD who believe frivolous legislation, which i believe you said was well worth the expense,  is the best way to get your message across to Obama.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 08:45:52 PM »
ABSOFRELLINLOUTELY worth the expense considering the far more egregious expense of Obamacare, that the proposed SD legislation is mimicking

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Oh yea, Cu4's contributions to this thread, highly appreciated.  But cudos on deflection efforts      8)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »
ABSOFRELLINLOUTELY worth the expense considering the far more egregious expense of Obamacare, that the proposed SD legislation is mimicking

Yes wasteful spending is always ok as long as it is less than more expensive spending.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »
Education is not a wasteful endeavor