Author Topic: Ok, let's talk brass tax  (Read 5692 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Ok, let's talk brass tax
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »
Education is not a wasteful endeavor

That wasn't an education bill.

That was grandstanding at taxpayer expense.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »
Naaa, it's educating the populace on constitutional law and its designed limits of government extension.  Not enough of that education, in this country, it would seem
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Naaa, it's educating the populace on constitutional law and its designed limits of government extension.  Not enough of that education, in this country, it would seem

And you think introducing frivolous laws is the best way to do that?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
If you're wishing to refer to Obamacare as frivolous, so be it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2011, 04:50:16 PM »
If you're wishing to refer to Obamacare as frivolous, so be it

Don't be obtuse. We are talking about your approval of lawmakers in SD pissing away taxpayers money on symbolic grandstanding legislation.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
Not being so at all.  Omamacare is this proposed SD legislation is Obamacare.  If one is frivolous so too is the other.  If one is wasting taxpayers dollars, so is the other.  If you wish to piss & moan about the one, so to does the other "mandate" pissing and moaning.  If we're to be consistent, that is

And constitutional education is hardly symbolic grandstanding, IMHO

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2011, 06:54:33 PM »
Not being so at all.  Omamacare is this proposed SD legislation is Obamacare. 

Is that in English?

Anyway it doesn't matter, it's your conservative credentials that are at risk by applauding govt waste, not mine.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »
Sorry, missed the "b" in my Omamacare.  And my credentials are just fine, when the goal is repealing the epitome of not just Gov waste, but overeaching extraconstitutional abuse

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
Ombamacare is this proposed SD legislation is Obamacare

I was refering to the above gibberish. What does that sentence mean?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 07:12:54 PM »
And my credentials are just fine

Sure they are. Everyone knows that advocating wasteful spending is the heart and soul of a fiscal conservative.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »
"wasteful spending" as defined by someone who's largely tossing their conservative credentials for a more moderate appeasing set

Let's have an actual conservative claim my credentials have been soiled with my support of constitutional education via legislation

And my statement was clear......what's largely used to criticize the SD legislation can be equally applied to Obamacare.  Apparently moderates also have a different definition of gibberish as well

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »
"wasteful spending" as defined by
spending taxpayer money for purposes which they were not intended. For example, crafting legislation that will go nowhere for the sole purpose of grandstanding. I'm sure the voters in each legislators district had that action in mind when they entrusted these legislators to represent them them in the SD legislature.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37:06 PM »
again, as defined by an apparent moderate, who apparently has no qualms with government mandating people must purchase health insurance, despite the clear constitutional limitations placed upon the Fed.....ironically the polar opposite of conservative credentials

Let's let Cu4 or Kramer or Plane tell me how my conservative credentials are no more.  They'll have a tad more credibility in such a claim

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
again, as defined by an apparent moderate, who apparently has no qualms with government mandating people must purchase health insurance, despite the clear constitutional limitations placed upon the Fed.....ironically the polar opposite of conservative credentials

Let's let Cu4 or Kramer or Plane tell me how my conservative credentials are no more.  They'll have a tad more credibility in such a claim

You deflect, which just goes to show how weak your position is.

I just don't see how anyone who advocates wasteful and frivolous spending can call themselves a fiscal conservative.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
LOL...I wouldn't bring up deflection, considering how you're using this tangent to deflect from the point of this thread.  Talk about weak.  Talk about "don't look here, let's look over there"

Your premise of wasteful and frivolous is so flawed, its almost laughable.  If you support Federally mandated UHC, you've thrown your conservative credentials, clean out the window