Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Karl
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:20:30 PM »
Karl Rove in his own words 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6944040.stm

Here is a selection of quotes by influential White House aide Karl Rove, who has announced he will leave office on 31 August.

ON VOTING CHOICE
As people do better, they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing.

ON 9/11
Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.

I don't know about you, but moderation and restraint is not what I felt when I watched the twin towers crumble to the ground, a side of the Pentagon destroyed, and almost 3,000 of our fellow citizens perish in flames and rubble.

ON THE IRAQ WAR
[Anti-war protester] Cindy Sheehan is a clown. There is no real anti-war movement. No serious politician, with anything to do with anything, would show his face at an anti-war rally.

ON DEMOCRATS

I think it's dawning on some Democrats that obstructing the Patriot Act, like they've been obstructing everything else, is bad for them politically.

At the core, we are dealing with two parties that have fundamentally different views of the world and fundamentally different views on national security. Republicans have a post-9/11 view of the world, and Democrats have a pre-9/11 view of the world.

ON THE BLAME GAME
Somebody gets to be smart and somebody gets to be dumb. If we win, it'll be because of the president. And if we lose, it'll be because of me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6944781.stm

Mr Rove, who will step down at the end of August, said he was "deeply proud" to have served Mr Bush and the US.

But he insisted the time was right to leave, saying he was quitting the White House for the sake of his family.

He has worked with Mr Bush since 1993, and was seen as the architect of Mr Bush's 2000 and 2004 election wins.