Author Topic: Tech Question/Poll to BT and others  (Read 3341 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tech Question/Poll to BT and others
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
If you have mozilla / firefox, install adblocker plus as a add-on, and select one of the comprehensive block lists. That will filter out most of your malicious sites.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »
They don't have icons defined.

Ami...forgive me...but what does that mean?

My favorites/Bookmarks are like Drudge, Ebay, MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, ect...

And e-Bay icon is showing nxt to the bookmark, Myspace icon is showing, Facebook icon is showing, Youtube icon is showing, Yahoo icon is showing, but like Debka icon is not showing, Drudge icon is not showing, my own company icon is not showing....

but they all show when I look at my Favorities/Bookmark on IE.....why are some showing on FireFox and some not?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:30 PM »
Ami...forgive me...but what does that mean?

There are meta tags in the HTML header for icons. IE uses one set (defined by Microsoft) while Mozilla / Firefox use the tags defined in the HTML spec. The companies that have icons in IE but not Firefox are using the Microsoft "standard" instead of the real standard. Some companies define their icons using both sets of specs so that it shows up everywhere, but this is actually bad as it leads to bloated web pages. Microsoft should use the standard that everyone else uses instead of making up their own.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
AMI.....

so if my own company icon is not showing up in Firefox I need to ask my tech guy to "define our icon using both sets of specs"? Hell I wonder how many of our customers might be using Firefox and our icon is not showing up? I mean it's not a killer....but heck.....it's better to have the icon there.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987