Author Topic: Uh-Oh, Press beginning to link Obama to Farrakhan  (Read 2828 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uh-Oh, Press beginning to link Obama to Farrakhan
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »
I dunno, this whole thing is just a comedy and a publicity stunt when Farrakhan's racist remarks come up.

Funny, when I heard Trent Lott's racist remarks, or Sen. Macacawitz's, I didn't think it was funny, and I didn't give a shit what the purpose of it might have been.  I and a lot of other people felt those bastards were unfit to hold public office.  Period.

But I guess racism in its anti-Semitic form is fine and dandy.  It isn't serious and it's not as if it ever has serious consequences.  Not a problem, folks, just a little publicity stunt going on here.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 12:07:27 AM »
It does not seem to me that a President Obama would be in any way anti-Semetic, but if he expresses a desire to not favor Israel as every US president has done, I am sure he will be accused of this.

Is this a manufactured issue, perhaps at the behest of neo-con leaning zionists?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 12:33:18 AM »
Here's a post that I seem to have missed from Ami - -

<<Here the Jews don't like Farrakhan and so they call me 'Hitler'. Well that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He wasn't great for me as a Black man but he was a great German and he rose Germany up from the ashes of her defeat by the united force of all of Europe and America after the First World War.>>

<<Quote from Louis Farrakhan
<<Gardell, Mattias, In the Name of Elijah Mohammed: Louis Farrakhan and The Nation of Islam, Duke <<University Press (1996) ISBN 978-0-8223-1845-3>>

Not as bad as I thought it would be.  He recognized that Hitler was no friend of the black man, but he sees past the racial animosity and is big enough to recognize what he calls the "greatness" of Hitler even though Hitler would have despised him.   Now you certainly can't fault Farrakhan for partisanship or pettiness.  Presumably, even though George Washington would have called Farrakhan "boy" and considered his enslavement both fit and proper, Farrakhan would have been able to see the greatness in Washington too.  But where I have a problem is in considering Hitler "great" despite the fact that he had millions of people rounded up, gassed to death in gas chambers, tortured grotesquely in concentration camps, burned alive, thrown into lime pits, torn apart by dogs and in addition started a war which ultimately claimed up to 60 million human lives.  And yet according to Farrakhan, this was a "very great man."

Well, what can I tell ya?  Anybody else really think Hitler was a "very great man?"  Were all his victims just the annoying members of B'nai B'rith, running around with false accusations of anti-Semitism until finally Hitler couldn't take it any more and just did what he had to do?

IMHO, nobody could think that Hitler was a great man unless he either really, really hates the Jews, because what Hitler did to them is no secret, and if you liked the Jews or even didn't give a shit one way or the other about them, this would appear to be a truly horrific crime against humanity.  So it is impossible to consider Hitler a great man unless you also can share with him a deep, burning, bottomless hatred of the Jews.

Farrakhan, quite simply, hates the Jews - - if he didn't, he could never call Hitler a "very great man."

Anybody who endorses Farrakhan is not quite in the same league as Farrakhan, because what Farrakhan was endorsing was pure murder, but what Wright was endorsing was only the endorsement itself,  still certainly not something that most religious or spiritual leaders would be prepared to give.

I get the feeling that really Wright and even Farrakhan are guilty at most of insensitivity and a kind of clownish stupidity, a defective sense of morality where huge crimes can be overlooked for abstract and largely mythical "accomplishments," such as "he rose Germany up from the ashes of defeat" (meaningless garbage, actually, with metaphor substituting for analysis or even thought) - - they're resentful of a lot of Jewish community actions, specifically the branding of "anti-Semite" on anyone who questions Israel's actions or American Jewish support of them.

These two ignoramuses don't seem to have been fueled by any will to translate hatred into action but their insensitivity to the Jews raises another question - - if they don't give a shit about the Jews then why should the Jews - - historically the most consistently liberal sector of the white electorate - - give a shit about them?