Author Topic: Betrayed  (Read 1662 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Betrayed
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:05:07 AM »
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/03/26/070326fa_fact_packer?currentPage=1

Tells about Iraqis who worked with Americans as translators, etc. and were very supportive of the Americans. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Betrayed
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:57:44 AM »
I thoght there were only six of them.

I suppose that the sooner we withdraw the sooner they die.

How did so many of them ever beleive that we could possibly succeed?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:13:26 AM »
I suspect they thought us a serious country who, once having come into their country, had some inkling what to do next (and I'm not talking military stuff here,  but securing and running the country and getting it back on its feet).

Wrong.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 05:36:06 AM »
Certainly they knew we didn't have the stomach to finish anything that took longer than the half hour of most sitcoms.

Mucho

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:56:54 AM »
Certainly they knew we didn't have the stomach to finish anything that took longer than the half hour of most sitcoms.

Maybe they are not as superior and brilliant as you.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
I suspect they thought us a serious country who, once having come into their country, had some inkling what to do next (and I'm not talking military stuff here,  but securing and running the country and getting it back on its feet).

Wrong.

I think that the approach used by McArther in Japan was rejected because we had too much respect for the Iriqui sensibilitys.

The_Professor

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:04 AM »

Maybe they are not as superior and brilliant as you.

For Plane, I thank you in being so observant.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 01:25:06 PM »
There were studies done (in the Pentagon I think) about what to do after the country's leadership had been toppled.

They were all disregarded.  You often hear that no post-war planning was done, but it was, very much so.  It simply wasn't listened to.   

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 01:31:38 PM »
Wrong Lanya.  We had plans in place, they were simply not fully implimented, with the speed necessary.  That WAS (don't blink now) a Bush administration error.  And what was not anticipated was the verocity of the insurgency, sparked by a very small % of the population.  Again, another (don't look, this might hurt) Bush administration error.   The implied garbage that it's largely the entire country that didn't want us there, is just that, AMBE.  The ONLY ones who did not welcome our taking out Saddam and helping to bring democracy to a completely oppressed populace was the small Suuni minority, that was in control of the oppression.

Now, you may be very supportive of thug murdering dictators.  Personally, I'm not.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:08:34 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mucho

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »
I thoght there were only six of them.

I suppose that the sooner we withdraw the sooner they die.

How did so many of them ever beleive that we could possibly succeed?

If there were only six we would bring them here.

Notice there is no talk of bringing any of these fools to this country. That would prevent the so-called slaughter of these traitors.

There are still fools here that also still think we can succeed there. What wackos!

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »
If there were only six we would bring them here.

Do you mean that, gasp, you lied when you posted articles about there only being six translators in Iraq? Or was that Lanya?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)