Author Topic: McCain not sure how many houses he and wife own  (Read 8044 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: McCain not sure how many houses he and wife own
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »
Which would be "no" to all your above meritless assumptions
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »
Which would be "no" to all your above meritless assumptions
I should believe a proven pathological liar like you?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 01:09:45 PM »
I'm sorry, I've already supassed my alloted responses to the class fungus-covered assortment of nauseating penguin guano clown, for the month
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »
<<Not even the Geriatric Outoftouch Philanderers campaign were dumb enough to use this lame excuse. It would have made it worse since most folks dont have 7 or 8 houses to put into a trust.>>

Which kinda reminds me, if they were in her name, for her personal use and the use of her dependent family members, why weren't they just put in her own name, why were they put in a trust anyway? 

Could it be that Cindy McCain is seeking to avoid paying taxes on her wealth, even though she can easily afford to pay them?  If she pays less taxes on the homes than the average homeowner who DOESN'T put his or her own home into a trust, are the homes receiving less in the way of municipal services, like water, utilities, street cleaning, sewage removal, police and fire protection?  I don't think so.  How is it then that old Cindy is getting more protection and services for less money than the average citizen pays?  A little chart, showing the dollars paid in taxes for each of Cindy's homes per dollar of services and protection received, and then a comparison chart for the average homeowner.  Could be very instructive.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
Which kinda reminds me, if they were in her name, for her personal use and the use of her dependent family members, why weren't they just put in her own name, why were they put in a trust anyway?

Could it be that Cindy McCain is seeking to avoid paying taxes on her wealth, even though she can easily afford to pay them?  If she pays less taxes on the homes than the average homeowner who DOESN'T put his or her own home into a trust, are the homes receiving less in the way of municipal services, like water, utilities, street cleaning, sewage removal, police and fire protection?  I don't think so.  How is it then that old Cindy is getting more protection and services for less money than the average citizen pays?  A little chart, showing the dollars paid in taxes for each of Cindy's homes per dollar of services and protection received, and then a comparison chart for the average homeowner.  Could be very instructive.

You obviously have no understanding of the purpose of trusts.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 02:19:50 PM »

You obviously have no understanding of the purpose of trusts.

Cut the man some slack -- he's from Canada. If he were from Poland you would have a good point.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 02:28:05 PM »
His country of origin matters not.

What matters is he continual posting of misinformation.

His credibility is at issue. Nothing more.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
IMHO, his "credibility" can't get much lower, following all the Bush lied us into war & Bush stole the election garbage.  These other tangents of misinformation & misrepresentation, are merely SOP, at this point

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
<<You obviously have no understanding of the purpose of trusts.>>

Duly chastised by the resident expert here, I rushed to educate myself to remove the stain of total ignorance which had been witheringly cast upon me.

http://www.jdpower.com/insurance/articles/Charitable-Remainder-Trusts-

Just google "benefits of trusts of real estate" and you will find enough material to keep you busy all weekend.  As I suspected, even simple trusts convey substantial tax benefits as the above JD Power site indicates, primarily savings in estate taxes on the death of the owner.  I didn't bother to research the added benefits of an off-shore trust, which is certainly within the means of Cindy Powell.

I next turned my attention to slurs upon my credibility cast upon me by The Great Man's resident echo and yes-man, sirs, himself an impressive tower of rectitude, vast knowledge and unassailable fact and logic.  His Echoship opined that I had already "lost my credibility" even before The Great Man's castigation of my lamentable ignorance, as a result of claiming that Bush had lied the country into war and stolen the election.  The shock of the accusations, coming as they did from so eminent a source, left me stunned and shaken.  The loss of credibility over the stolen election issue was not too bad, as it entailed only a personal loss to me, and the total loss of Vanity Fair's and its three investigative journalists' credibility, no doubt ruining all four of us for life once sirs publishes his findings, but the loss of credibility over the "Bush lied the nation into war" was of course much more serious, impeaching as it does not only myself but a large majority of the American public who now believe pretty much the same thing.  We have here, thanks to the penetrating insight of Little Sir Echo, an indictment of an entire nation's credibility.  A Nation of Liars, so to speak.  And this can't be good.  For anyone.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
If she pays less taxes on the homes than the average homeowner who DOESN'T put his or her own home into a trust, are the homes receiving less in the way of municipal services, like water, utilities, street cleaning, sewage removal, police and fire protection?  I don't think so.  How is it then that old Cindy is getting more protection and services for less money than the average citizen pays?  A little chart, showing the dollars paid in taxes for each of Cindy's homes per dollar of services and protection received, and then a comparison chart for the average homeowner.  Could be very instructive.

That was your statement.

You have not shown where trusts provide protection against property taxes, and that is simply because trusts are not designed to do that.

Try to keep it honest.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »
If she pays less taxes on the homes than the average homeowner who DOESN'T put his or her own home into a trust, are the homes receiving less in the way of municipal services, like water, utilities, street cleaning, sewage removal, police and fire protection?  I don't think so.  How is it then that old Cindy is getting more protection and services for less money than the average citizen pays?  A little chart, showing the dollars paid in taxes for each of Cindy's homes per dollar of services and protection received, and then a comparison chart for the average homeowner.  Could be very instructive.

That was your statement.  You have not shown where trusts provide protection against property taxes, and that is simply because trusts are not designed to do that.  Try to keep it honest.

I'm afraid you have to consider the source, Bt     :-\

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »
(Too late to get this in before sirs' echoes his master's voice with the Amen Chorus, but anyway . . . )

<<You have not shown where trusts provide protection against property taxes, and that is simply because trusts are not designed to do that.>>

Ooooops, big mistake on my part.  The trusts are designed to avoid estate taxes, not property taxes.  That makes all the difference.

<<Try to keep it honest.>>

Sorry, boss.  Try to avoid pointless nit-picking.  It just gets sirs all excited.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »
Ooooops, big mistake on my part.  The trusts are designed to avoid estate taxes, not property taxes.  That makes all the difference.

It certainly shows the falsehood of your claim.

Knutey

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »
I'm sorry, I've already supassed my alloted responses to the class fungus-covered assortment of nauseating penguin guano clown, for the month
Thanx for the compliment. And besides, rental properties are not at all like homes.One might remember where they lived if they had a brain.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 11:41:40 PM »

A lot of Senators and other high level officials who own propertys and have wealth put the management of the wealth on other hands to free up their time and reduce their connection to conflicts of intrest.

The most extreme means is a "blind trust" in which a hired manager is buying and selling litterally blind ,without any knoledge of the owner.

It has been said that a rapid way to make a small fortune is to put a large fortune into a blind trust.

McCain was "got" by a "gotcha " question , which is bound to happen , it pays the press to trip up the canadate , but I can imagine that the next day a whole lot of brokers got calls from Legislators all over the country , needing a quick house count.