Author Topic: Living with Guns...The Swiss Way  (Read 18645 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Living with Guns...The Swiss Way
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »
One liberal's bullcrap is the rest of the world's truth.  In this country, more guns in the law abiding hands means more lives saved than those taken.  It gives me a certain sense of relief knowing that exponentially more lives are saved, because of people like me, compared to all those extra deaths at the hands and policies of of people like yourself, if you had your way
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »
more guns = more gun violence
You have not saved one fucking life and you never will.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »
MORE GUNS IN LAW ABIDING HANDS = MORE LIVES SAVED IN THE UNITED STATES THAN TAKEN BY A GUN

And hopefully I'll never be in a situation where I have to save a life, since that's not a goal.  But if I am, at least I'll be ready and have the appropriate tool for it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
Lakewood Church told KHOU-TV that a number of their volunteer ushers are also law enforcement officials. Those officials are apparently armed during the services so that they can react to anything like what happened Sunday.

Eaglin said he's thankful for the quick response of the Lakewood Church security.

"For a second there I started thinking about the church shooting that happened and I was thinking 'Oh God something bad is about to happen' but they were real quick," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/29/pastor-joel-osteen-heckled-lakewood-church/29469585/

Not a big incident , but this is a very big Church, it would be silly to try to make it a gun free zone, better, rather make it an incident ready zone.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2015, 08:09:31 PM »
MORE GUNS IN LAW ABIDING HANDS = MORE LIVES SAVED IN THE UNITED STATES THAN TAKEN BY A GUN

And hopefully I'll never be in a situation where I have to save a life, since that's not a goal.  But if I am, at least I'll be ready and have the appropriate tool for it

I am considering a gentle action.
     Perhaps telling establishments that request Patrons be unarmed that I cannot be a patron.
     Not because I was ever before armed there , but that the policy of gun free zone is attractive to murderous persons and is therefore an unacceptable decrease in my safety as long as I am exposed to the gun free environment.

I don't suppose that anyone would consider a spill of honey on a tabletop would be a good defense or repellant to bees, so how is an advertised gun free zone supposed to reduce the chance of attack by gun toting goon?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »
If guys like Zimmerman, a freelance self-appointed vigilante, is a law abiding citizen, then this is just rot.

As it stands, any nut can get a gun, and the police cannot even trace it, because unlike in Switzerland, there is no registry to search.

The more guns there are, period, the more people will get shot, period. People die, their guns remain, and many will fall into the hands of all sorts of nutjobs.
It=f you cannot understand this, you are too fucking stupid to dress yourself.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:19:38 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2015, 10:03:06 AM »
Zimmerman was an anomaly, and hardly the poster-child for those who are legally allowed to carry a firearm.  Nor was it any kind of "massacre".  Notice how many stories similar to Zimmerman occurred prior to that event....and since.  Like zero

As it stands, registering does squat to prevent any of your so-called all too frequent massacres, which supposedly is what you're all up in arms about. 

The more guns in LAW ABIDING HANDS, THE MORE LIVES SAVED, than those taken......PERIOD....END OF SENTENCE.   And if you're all bent out of shape that bad gun nuts might get shot....THAT'S A GOOD THING. It=f you cannot understand this, you are too fucking stupid to dress yourself.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:15:22 AM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
If guys like Zimmerman, a freelance self-appointed vigilante, is a law abiding citizen, then this is just rot.

As it stands, any nut can get a gun, and the police cannot even trace it, because unlike in Switzerland, there is no registry to search.

The more guns there are, period, the more people will get shot, period. People die, their guns remain, and many will fall into the hands of all sorts of nutjobs.
It=f you cannot understand this, you are too fucking stupid to dress yourself.

I don't think Mr. Zimmerman ever broke a law , and I can't be certain , but it does not seem as though he is a racist nor has ever assaulted anyone. He seems rather to have been the focus of which hunting.

Now he might be too unpleasant to make a friend of , but he still has a right to live , which right he is enjoying thanks to his having a gun.

Do you think a knife would have been enough? If it were you,.. If another person were trying earnestly to break your head , would you knife them , shoot them , use whatever weapon was ready to hand?

You may often repeat your asserted opinion, but it is not anything like a proven fact that every gun in circulation must be used to harm someone. What you are thinking of is Chekov's gun.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2015, 08:38:54 AM »
Zimmerman has the right to live, but unarmed. Wait and see, he is not likely to die of natural causes.

All he had to do was keep his fucking car moving. He was a hotheaded idiot looking for trouble and might have stayed in his car if he was not out looking for trouble with his goddamned gun.

I don't think for one minute that Switzerland would allow this stupid hothead to own a gun.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:13:33 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2015, 10:23:23 AM »
Zimmerman has the right to live, but unarmed.

Not in this country.....he has every right to defend himself with a firearm as well, the same as your right to spew such irrational vitriol

But notice how easily the left will abolish a sacred right they simply don't like.  Thank God for our Constitution

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:57 AM »
God did not write the Constitution, you insufferable twit.
Your right to a gun is not "sacred" God did not even invent your fucking guns.

Twisted asshole.

More guns means more people get shot.
And you are the enabler. 

People who willingly cornhole one another are no threat to society.
Assholes like Zimmerman are demonstrably a threat.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2015, 01:17:18 PM »
God did not write the Constitution, you insufferable twit.

It's an inalienable right, you ignorant baffoon.  Our right to defend ourselves with a firearm is JUST as sacred as your right to claim it isn't

More guns in law abiding hands means more lives saved than taken, you motheyed gumsmacker

But should we be surprised at just how easily the left would deny us our rights, while at the same time putting exponentially more people at risk for injury & death at the hands of a bad gun nut, WHO WOULDN'T BE ADHERING TO ANY LAWS TO BEGIN WITH

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
Sacred?  Do you WORSHIP gun ownership? Do you have a little altar in your home where you burn incense to your firearms? You are a real hoot, sirs.

Sean Hannity with a prefrontal lobotomy could not be more an object of so much ridicule and yes, even pity.

What is this "inalienable right" shit?  Life Liberty and the Pursuit if Happiness is hardy the same thing as Life, and the Liberty to pursue suspicious Negroes in your gated community.

God did not bestow the right to gun ownership on any human being. If that was part of his plan, he surely would have provided Adam and Eve with Glocks, Colts or Winchesters. God does not give a shit about your gun ownership. There is nothing sacred about owning a gun.

Scary, perhaps, but not sacred.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
Sacred?  Do you WORSHIP gun ownership?

No more than I WORSHIP free speech     ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2015, 03:07:21 PM »
Your speech endangers no one.
When you are the Late sirs, you have no ideas what your guns might be endangering.