Author Topic: Being truthful does not make you racist!  (Read 5212 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Being truthful does not make you racist!
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 02:52:39 AM »
I don`t doubt racism exist n the democratic party but still the question brought by the pr smear is simply what has the GOP done for those issue dealing with minorities. as I said before most people are largely conservative but those few items on the checklist is what hold them back from joining.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 03:46:15 AM »
See Kimba, this is where you and I apparently differ.  It's like the GOP is to be castigated because they dared to follow the letter of the constitution.  But because they didn't placate to every possible avenue of assistance, it's supposedly some "fault" of theirs.  I want a Federal Government that adheres to its founding.  I don't want a Federal Government, or a party for that matter, that perceives every wrong in this world, and must make it right....using the only means they have, our tax dollars.  That's what State & local Governments are for.  And even then, rarely, if ever fixing the problem, but actually exacerbating it...perhaps even on purpose, with the resulting cries in the need for ever more government services/assistance

This is not a "fault", nor something that the GOP needs to "fix".  Better PR is the short term fix, while education is the long term fix.  Which is why the Media do the short term work for the Democrats, and Academia does it for them, for the long term.  With those 2 stakes already firmly planted for the Democrats, one would wonder how a Republican ever gets elected
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:13 AM »
With those 2 stakes already firmly planted for the Democrats, one would wonder how a Republican ever gets elected

I did state most people are conservative.

understand what your getting but I just pointing out how some don`t agree to it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 04:46:56 AM »
The GOP is simply the party of the fatcats. There used to be some Republicans who cared about the general public, but now the general public is merely fodder for the corporations, that are allowed to engage in monopolistic practices and to use the US military as its mall cops.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
The Dems have just as many, if not more "fatcats", and give just as much, if not more to Dem causes.  It's current manifestation treats the entire middle class as mere fodder, while they push policy after policy to destroy it, making more and more people beholden to Government services......almost completing their perpetual power & control position.  Some states, under the Democratic thumb, have already completed that task
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
Yeah, right.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
Yeah........right.  Glad we got that cleared up     8)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »
Until the GOP start to actually do something for some people they want votes from and not just say democrats are bad. Things will stay the same.  Saying get a job hippy is not the kind of help that will work today.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »
And I'm not going to subscribe to a party that to try and "get votes" needs to bribe them with "Look what I can do for you.......with other people's money of course".  That line of thinking perpetuates the precise problems we're currently having with run-away Government, wreckless spending of our tax dollars, ringing up exponential debt that gets placed on our Children, and their children's children's children's children

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Most of the deficits are the result of wars that we did not need to fight, weapons that have never been needed, payments to the widows, orphans and permanently disabled that were the result of useless wars.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
Being that that claim is pure horse manure, as the supposed reason for "most of the deficit", not to mention pure opinion as to need vs not, there's no need to request some actual support of that claim, .....since there would be none

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »
totally saying it`s vote getting and also is flawed enough to cause problems but also in the saying in the breathe it`s also not without merits. it`s does address problems some groups has. the drug gang term "what have you done for me lately should never be ignored . the GOP has paid a great price for it and will continue to pay for it. I stated that term becaused it`s derived from a very undesirable group but that totally does not invalidate the term and it`s a term that should follow the expression ignore "that your own risk".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »
It addresses problems by feeding it more problems...like the perpetual Government to the rescue mentaility.  THAT's the biggest problem, IMHO.  As a Conservative, that's not how I want my country to function, turning over more and more control of our lives to a centralized government.  That's the polar oppopsite of how this country was founded, and more so designed, via our Constitutional boundries

If you want to advocate a similar approach at the state and local levels, I could be swayed to support that effort.  We have however, a plethora of examples that demonstrates how bad things can get, if left to the Federal government to deal with every little nuance to our lives that are even remotely challenging

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:21 PM »
Most of the deficits are the result of wars that we did not need to fight, weapons that have never been needed, payments to the widows, orphans and permanently disabled that were the result of useless wars.

No.

We have been spending more on social programs than defense for many years now.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2014, 10:42:31 PM »
I looked it up and got sidetracked. why on earth is veterans benefits separate from military spending. I think that`s why veterans are getting short changed because of this. as somebody who knows many people in the military . budget allocation is a very tricky thing in the military . I`ve often sent food and supplies to friends going on sea because the navy tends often just store enough so toward the end it gets a touch scarce in some supplies.
lets just say it`s not uncommon for our servicemen to buy toilet paper out of thier own pocket often before a trip.