Author Topic: Anti-drug war message I guess conservatives won't like  (Read 4007 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Anti-drug war message I guess conservatives won't like
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »
I would imagine that carrying a "legalize marijuana" sign would provke the interest of the police, as well as opposing political factions. The Tea party is an amorphous bunch of people, many of whom only share a dislike of everything connected with the government (except any checks they may be receiving). I do not think that the Democrats or the Republicans would call the cops to investigate a TP'er carrying such a sign, whereas some clown like Tom DeLay would surely do the same should such a sign appear at a DNC meeting. The GOP and the Democrats have a reputation to uphold. The Tea Party has no such reputation, and it is disorganized.

If a large majority of the people favored decriminalization of pot, it would have happened already. I believe that more on the right oppose it than on the left. but there are some on both sides, and the religious factions are at the core of this opposition.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Anti-drug war message I guess conservatives won't like
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »
You can believe all you want, like Elvis is alive, or that Tea Parties = hate everything Government.  Point being that many from all ideologies apparently are not supportive of leagalizing pot, so trying to paint this as something largely "conservatives won't like", is disingenuous at minimum
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle