Author Topic: Senile McCain Suggests Wife Enter Topless Contest  (Read 1481 times)

ZoSo

Senile McCain Suggests Wife Enter Topless Contest
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:50:07 AM »
McCrazy Gone Wild

Yesterday evening John McCain took part in the Sturgis Rally 2008 at Buffalo Chip in South Dakota, an annual tribute to veterans. The candidate was so enthused, he told attendees, that he encouraged his wife to participate in the festivities: "I told her with a little luck, she could be the only woman ever to serve as both the first lady and Miss Buffalo Chip."

As the Huffington Post reported on Sunday, the Miss Buffalo Chip contest is more than a little risque -- not to mention bedeviled by violence:

ESPN's Jim Caple described the as "essentially a topless beauty pageant. And occasionally bottomless, too."

"During a drenching rain Wednesday night, the contest broke up into smaller groups and one woman wound up dancing naked on a bar top. Her boyfriend/husband saw her and angrily dragged her away as she struggled to put her pants back on and muttered something about how, "It's only this one week a year."

How sweet. Sadly, the pageant also sees its share of domestic abuse, which even the event's organizers admit to Caple is a major problem.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Senile McCain Suggests Wife Enter Topless Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
Sadly, the pageant also sees its share of domestic abuse, which even the event's organizers admit to Caple is a major problem.

Err, what do people expect at a biker rally? Tea and crumpets? With pinky fingers extended?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

ZoSo

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 09:23:52 AM »
Err, what do people expect at a biker rally? Tea and crumpets? With pinky fingers extended?

True.

Now give me your take on it only this time it's Obama standing on stage with his wife with the same offer.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »
Now give me your take on it only this time it's Obama standing on stage with his wife with the same offer.

Like I care. If it doesn't bother Obama, why should it bother me? Cindy's better looking, and I'd be more likely to watch her than Michelle, but it's really no business of mine. Topless dancing at a bar is not illegal AFAIK.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 12:01:33 PM »
Topless dancing at a bar is not illegal AFAIK.

==================================
Perhaps you missed the point. Although there is certainly no law preventing a future First Lady doing a topless pole dance, it is unlikely to bring her husband a net gain of voters. This would be why it is pretty dumb for McCain to suggest that she vie for competition in the Miss Buffalo Chip contest.

I imagine that the one thing that would make her MOST popular in Sturgis would involve her close connection with Anheuser Busch. And again, getting several hundred bikers drunker than usual might result in incidents that would result in a net loss of votes.

I am not sure what the electoral implications would be of McCain doing wheelies down the main drag of Sturgis, but it woudl draw a good YouTube audience.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:18:30 PM »
So McCain made  a gaffe. That earns him the label of senile.

So what do you call Obama when he makes a gaffe?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »
I did not say he was senile, but he was clearly speaking from a position of ignorance, since I am sure that neither he nor Cindy McCain would want her to do a topless pole dance in Sturgis. A president should perhaps consult with his advisers and inform himself before speaking off the cuff like this.

I don;t know that Obama has made a similar gaffe.

I doubt that Cindy could win the Miss Buffalo Chip title. She is a tad long in the tooth, and there is a degree of talent involved which I feel she might lack, especially if not allowed to win favor with free beers for all. Now, the Stepford Wives Look-Alike Contest, THAT she might have a chance at.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
I did not say you did call him senile. A quick glance at the threat title shows someone did.

And yes Obama has made gaffes. So what slur should we apply to him when he does. He isn't old so senile would not apply, nor would it give him cover.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 01:46:54 PM »
Perhaps you missed the point. Although there is certainly no law preventing a future First Lady doing a topless pole dance, it is unlikely to bring her husband a net gain of voters. This would be why it is pretty dumb for McCain to suggest that she vie for competition in the Miss Buffalo Chip contest.

I'm pretty sure you missed the point. It was a joke.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 06:53:40 PM »
A quick glance at the threat title...

Better be careful threatening them there canidates, they got sekert service perteckshun.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

ZoSo

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »
So McCain made  a gaffe. That earns him the label of senile.

So what do you call Obama when he makes a gaffe?

McCain is senile 24/7 & is too old & out of touch to be President.

I wouldn't call what he did a gaffe. He probably  thought suggesting his wife enter a bare titty contest in front of 5,000 Harley owners was funny & would of course endear him to the crowd of drunken potential voters.

That's a maverick for ya.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 09:04:47 PM »
McCain is senile 24/7 & is too old & out of touch to be President.

Based on what medical report or reputable diagnosis.

Seems to me if he is aware enough to make it through the primaries, he is aware enough to govern.

Cynthia

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
"Cindy McCain"

Like the name, btw.

She's rich. She's pretty, but she's not running for office.

What woman doesn't fantasize about being an exotic ballerina of sorts.

Personally, I would rather fantasize about being rich/ and then right on that money for the sake of the kids.

but then, of course, there was that one fantasy  I had years ago.....hmmmm

I am wearing high heels, top hat....oops stopping now.

Joe Cocker sang the song...Just Leave your hat on... ;)

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:33:38 PM by Cindy »

ZoSo

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 12:00:29 AM »
Based on what medical report or reputable diagnosis.

I don't need a medical diagnosis to form an opinion. You of course are free to disagree.

Seems to me if he is aware enough to make it through the primaries, he is aware enough to govern.

McCain 2008 "Aware Enough To Govern"

Perfect.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
I don't need a medical diagnosis to form an opinion. You of course are free to disagree.

I think it quite apparent that i do.

Seems to me if McCain is so out of it, Obama shouldn't be skeered to face him in an unscripted town hall debate.

What's up with that?