Author Topic: OMG! PA McCain Campaign Fed Fake Maimed Girl Story  (Read 1959 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
OMG! PA McCain Campaign Fed Fake Maimed Girl Story
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:05:54 PM »
http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/mccain-campaign-fed-hoax-racist-assault

Big news just hit the fan for McCain. I knew this was a bogus story when it came out that she refused medical treatment for her wounds. I've been through enough these last few years and know the pain would have been incredible and anyone of us would have begged for a doctor immediately. Well, it looks like the McCain campaign has their fingers all over this phony volunteer attack story and that's big trouble for him.

John McCain's Pennsylvania communications director told reporters in the state an incendiary version of the hoax story about the attack on a McCain volunteer well before the facts of the case were known or established -- and even told reporters outright that the "B" carved into the victim's cheek stood for "Barack," according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions.

John Verrilli, the news director for KDKA in Pittsburgh, told TPM Election Central that McCain's Pennsylvania campaign communications director gave one of his reporters a detailed version of the attack that included a claim that the alleged attacker said, "You're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson." Verrilli also told TPM that the McCain spokesperson had claimed that the "B" stood for Barack. According to Verrilli, the spokesperson also told KDKA that Sarah Palin had called the victim of the alleged attack, who has since admitted the story was a hoax...read on

This should hurt McCain severely. As FOX's Executive VP, John Moody said:

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand.

Bozell's operation ran with it and attacked the media. "Obama Supporter Maims McCain Volunteer, Will Media Care?"
Now I ask the question. Since McCain's camp was involved in trying to promote this race baiting attack story against Obama, will the media care? Let's hope so.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: OMG! PA McCain Campaign Fed Fake Maimed Girl Story
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »
So let's see. Girl works for McCain staff in PA. Is that established?

She tells Comm director her story.

He repeats ut to reporters.

And this has McCAins fingers all over it?

That's like saying Obama built Ayers bombs.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:39:22 PM »
So let's see. Girl works for McCain staff in PA. Is that established?

She tells Comm director her story.

He repeats ut to reporters.

And this has McCAins fingers all over it?

That's like saying Obama built Ayers bombs.

Can you point out the sentence where what I posted says anything that means "has McCains fingers all over it"?  'Cause I didn't get that at all.

It's got to be hard defending all this despicable behavior from your team on so many different levels but at least try to be honest.

The PA McCain campaign's communications director knew the details prior to when he should.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »
It's got to be hard defending all this despicable behavior from your team on so many different levels but at least try to be honest.

Perhaps you can show where i have declared for McCain?

The PA McCain campaign's communications director knew the details prior to when he should.

When should he have known them?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »
Can you point out the sentence where what I posted says anything that means "has McCains fingers all over it"?  'Cause I didn't get that at all.

Big news just hit the fan for McCain. I knew this was a bogus story when it came out that she refused medical treatment for her wounds. I've been through enough these last few years and know the pain would have been incredible and anyone of us would have begged for a doctor immediately. Well, it looks like the McCain campaign has their fingers all over this phony volunteer attack story and that's big trouble for him.

That would be from your crookedliar link.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:06:51 AM »
This is a rather silly tale, and I doubt that it will affect many votes, unless someone can prove that McCain or Palin or one of their close advisers carved the backwards B on her cheek.

This woman is a loon, and not a bright one. In a population of 300,000,000, there are many loons.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."