Author Topic: Newsflash  (Read 12394 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newsflash
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
"duly noted"

Ooooooo, am I ever scared!

Who the eff are you sirs, the heavenly hall monitor? ::)

Are you gonna tell on me? Get me arrested for what, heresy?  :'(

Dumb schmuck! :o
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »
What the frell??  Are you off your medication?  I'm a poster, a debator, in this a chat forum.  I have no need to tell anyone anything.  Your words speak volumes, for anyone to see, far more than I could ever highlight.   And what the hell is with this arrested deflection??    :o
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »
So, what is this "duly noted" crap?

Are you threatening me, fool?

Go speak volumes to yourself. You are dumb, boring and trite. You have no power over me whatever.

All you can do is flap your jaw and sound silly.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »
It means what it means.....duly noted, as in noted, as in duly so     ::)     How the hell do you irrationally pull out some threat from that??  And again with the strawman of me supposedly trying to evoke some power over you, and what ignorant tripe you wish to type.  Are you THAT threatened by my mere opinion??  Is that why you can't respond with any facts or evidence to back up your 99% erroneous and/or unsubstantiated claims, and just launch insult after insult?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »
I am not in any way threatened by any of your stupid opinions, sirs. I just thought that you needed reminding how stupid that "duly noted" crap is.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2013, 05:20:44 PM »
And that stupid opinion is also duly noted      ::)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:57 PM »
Just suppose you were a follower of a contemporary religious leader, and after dinner he said the same things:

"This is my body, eat it in remembrance of me", and hands you a chunk of bread.
"This is my blood: drink it in remembrance of me", and pours you a glass of wine.

Remember that NO ONE KNEW at the Last Supper that it was the last supper. They all thought it was just a Passover seder.

Who would consider this to be any sort of normal behavior?

I think damn near anyone would have concluded that said preacher was barking mad.

I am accustomed to this every three months or so ever since i became a church member.
As rituals go it is pretty simple .
Jesus himself knew that the last supper was the last supper, his deciples knew a lot more in the days that followed.

If you knew that you needed to be beaten to death , how would you tell your friends?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:27 PM »
I suspect that it is simply conjecture that Jesus knew the future. The reasoning is God knows everything, Jesus is God, therefore Jesus knows everything. He always knew everything, even in the manger, he knew it all. (Yeah, sure).

I disagree that Jesus needed to be beaten or killed  to be successful. Buddha lived to be eighty or so and apparently died of accidental food poisoning. Buddha knew that he would eventually die, not because he could tell the future, but because he knew he was mortal. I think one of his disciples. Maha Mogallana, could see the future and had other supernatural powers. Or so the story goes.

Buddha has cooler disciples:Ananda, Sariputra, Mogallana.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 04:18:22 AM »
lol...."conjecture" that the creator of all things past, present, and future, wouldn't know the future of his own son, nor would the Son of God, who communicated with his dad on a daily basis??

oy

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
No one knows the future. There  is absolutely NO evidence that Jesus was capable of communicating with God.

If God could foretell the future, why did he bother to start with Adam & Eve and then wipe out the entire planet with a flood? Why not just start with Noah?

If God could foretell the future, then why enter into a cruel contest with Satan over Job? What could possibly have been the purpose of that? To teach Satan a lesson? But if He knew everything, then He would have known that Satan could not be changed by the experience.

You do not seem to be capable of rational thought here.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »
You know what's truely irrational here......an anti-Christian basher, trying to claim how God and the Son of God couldn't possibly know the future, to a Christian, much less try to explain away clear points being made by God.  One more time, religion, and Christianity in particular here, is all about FAITH, not math, not science, not even psychoanalysis.  Not sure why you're having such a hard time grasping that concept.

The rest of your illogical attempts to debase the bible and Christianity, I'll just categorize as that white noise in the background of life.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2013, 09:26:30 PM »
There are no "clear points made by God". You simply choose to refuse to engage in logical debate, having obviously been indoctrinated to the point of stupidity.

In what part of the Bible does God claim to know the future?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2013, 10:04:19 PM »
Spoken like a true non-believer.  I'll keep you in my prayers

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2013, 10:58:35 PM »
There are no "clear points made by God". You simply choose to refuse to engage in logical debate, having obviously been indoctrinated to the point of stupidity.

In what part of the Bible does God claim to know the future?

In each and every "prophacy", because this is the basic nature of prophacy.

26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?

27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;

28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.

30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.

32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

46 Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+2&version=KJV

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
5 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

========================================================
When precisely did this happen?

Dreams are often seen as predictive of the future, but that is most often because the dream is essentially a reasoning process that is revealed due to subconscious thought. I have had any number of predictive dreams, and only a very few have ever been accurate.

The Bible saying that God says that God knows the future is a circular argument and therefore invalid.