Author Topic: BT?  (Read 2142 times)

domer

BT?
« on: January 03, 2007, 04:30:14 PM »
Is there any way we can search for, retrieve and return to the screen our own past posts?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: BT?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:41:46 PM »
Is there any way we can search for, retrieve and return to the screen our own past posts?

Tried the "Advanced search" link above yet?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

domer

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 05:01:38 PM »
Ami, what do I place in the "search for" box? Just listing username and leaving the search for box blank draws an error message.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »

Domer,

If you look up at the top of the page, you will see links that say:

Show unread posts since last visit.

and

Show new replies to your posts.

That latter has been very helpful to me in following threads I'm involved with.

domer

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
I tried that option, Brass, and the listings started at Dec. 25 and only had threads not individual posts.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 05:15:11 PM »
Ami, what do I place in the "search for" box? Just listing username and leaving the search for box blank draws an error message.

Thought you were looking for something specific, and you would put some relevant terms into the searchfor text box.

Go to the "Home" page, then select "Members List", then select one of your user ids (you have several). At the bottom of that page is a link called "Show the last posts of this person." That should give you what you want.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

domer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »
Thanks, Ami. I'll try it after the Sugar Bowl.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
Tough loss in the Sugar Bowl Domer.

I must say that I was cheering for LSU, as I generally do for all SEC teams. Speaking of which, congratulations Bt on a hell of a come back by the Bulldogs. I don't know what it was, but I saw it in them and kept watching the game (maybe it was last years near miss). That was a nice ending to a tough season. Next year looks good with though as your young QB seems to be improving.

Unfortunately my Vols just looked awful against the Nittany Lions. One fumble pretty much changed the entire pace of the game, but really our offense just wasn't hitting on all cylinders. I don't know what Fulmer's problem is with getting the team ready for bowl games. Ever since the national title we've only shined in the game against Michigan. All the others have been bitter disappointments.

The only SEC team I won't cheer for will be the Gators. If you've ever been to Ben Hill Griffith you'll know why! I hope the Buckeyes roll all over them. A quick congratulations to UK and Louisville fans, but Wake fans as well. I really enjoyed the Orange Bowl and seeing two unlikely programs playing on the national stage.

My complaint for this bowl season is that Fox got the BCS bowls. Their announcers are horrible. Bradshaw and Long might be good for the NFL, but I'd much rather hear Curry, Herbstreit, Lundquist, Blackledge, McDonough or one of the other well known college announcers (but please not Musberger!). Announcers are important in college football and Bradshaw and Long are crap as are some of the other Fox crew.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

domer

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 03:24:03 PM »
Thanks again, Ami. It works like a charm. I'm indebted.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 03:29:29 PM »
Thanks again, Ami. It works like a charm. I'm indebted.

De nada.