Author Topic: Seriously? They're doing the Dem debate.....in a hockey rink??  (Read 5875 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Seriously? They're doing the Dem debate.....in a hockey rink??
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2015, 12:42:04 AM »
What the wealthy guy can do and what he does are different things entirely.

The more mega wealthy people hog all the land, assets and money, the less likely it is that more Americans will become wealthy. That is what is happening now.

No.
This is the trickle down theory that only Democrats believe in.
There is no top level on fortunes and no certain proportion that cannot be passed for wealthy.

There will always be poor, but part of the reason for this is the moving of that goalpost.

King Henry the Third and King Henry the Eighth  had pretty much the same resources and lived the best life that England could support.

I would not trade with them, I can travel further and faster , I can eat more and better fruit, I can own an hundred pounds of aluminum and communicate by wire or radio or satellite, I can watch a play twice a day ,,,,, I could go on, I am not rich really , but my standard of living surpasses any medieval king.

I own less land than my grandfather, but I have more real buying power, yet he was a prosperous farmer and blacksmith and I am a struggling technician barely middle class.

There has been a march of progress, and most of the benefit is the result of learning and applying knowledge. Political and economic systems are a distant second in power to influence lifestyle, technology has done more.

Marx just barely knew the beginning of the industrial revolution, lets excuse him for getting his race to the bottom kinda wrong.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
You are a very poor observer of current reality.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »
Standard leftist rebuttal....devoid of anything either credible or substantive.  Simply a declaration, and nothing more. 

Plane has given yet another fully explainable narrative of the point being made, with appropriate analogies, and are those points rebutted?  nope.  That would actually take thought, and more importantly a rational requirement.  Since trying to defend the indefensible is always problematic, the only alternatives are to ignore, deflect, or in this case declare victory, and press enter      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2015, 01:36:02 PM »
You are a very poor observer of current reality.

I think that the same fact set often leads to opposite results due to personal differences in analasylis.

The standard of living of the American working poor surpasses earlier generations of wealthy.

I think of this as a fact evidenced by the commonness of obesity in our present poor as was the commonness of pellagra and rickets in my grandfathers generation.