Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 2138 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

Not sure if this a goofy question, but are the movies to be chosen that of what we are, or what we wish we could be, in the sense of philisophical/ideological/political beliefs?

Does that makes sense?

Yes, I understand the question. The idea initially was to choose films that represent in some way some part of what you believe, politically, socially, philosophically or any combination of those.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
Carbine Williams
A River Runs Through It
Serenity
Top Gun
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Not sure if this a goofy question, but are the movies to be chosen that of what we are, or what we wish we could be, in the sense of philisophical/ideological/political beliefs?  Does that makes sense?

Yes, I understand the question. The idea initially was to choose films that represent in some way some part of what you believe, politically, socially, philosophically or any combination of those.

Ahh, so more so of what we are vs what we would want/wish to be.  Gotcha, thanks  That's my homework assignment now   ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
I am very fond of:

The Sand Pebbles and Papillon  with Steve McQueen.
Groundhog Day
McCabe and Mrs Miller.. Warren Beatty and Julie Christie.
All the Lonesome Dove Series.
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Year of Living Dangerously
Rainman
The Last Emperor and 1900 directed by Bertolucci

I like your list too.