Author Topic: Obama is our next president  (Read 8924 times)

richpo64

Re: Obama is our next president
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 12:16:22 AM »
>>When I claim racism, sirs, it's for a damned good reason.  Even when you like to pretend it's not there.<<

What would the left do without racism? It would put the poverty pimps out of business. Can't have that can we. No, I imagine we'll we hearing about racism a hundred years from now. Two hundred even. So many ism's, so little time.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 12:41:57 AM »
<<What would the left do without racism? It would put the poverty pimps out of business. >>

I know America first-hand and I know America's a racist country.  Anyone who says it's not is all fulla shit.  Even Americans, if they're honest, will admit that it IS a racist country.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
What would the right do without racism?

It would be less able for the wealthy that hire people to play one race off against the other to pay all their workers less money. It is always helpful to have a large unemployed underclass waiting for any miserable jobs that might become available. It is useful when the unemployed have less in common with the underpaid, as it makes union organization and other group actions less possible.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 01:02:56 AM »
How many jobs have unions created?

Cynthia

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »

It would be less able for the wealthy that hire people to play one race off against the other to pay all their workers less money. It is always helpful to have a large unemployed underclass waiting for any miserable jobs that might become available. It is useful when the unemployed have less in common with the underpaid, as it makes union organization and other group actions less possible.

--------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, Seems to me that your statement here is full of a bias (bordering on racism).

Everyone is racist in one way or another.

"The Right" is not solely responsible for falling into any sort of category of racism or for that matter, falling into the category of anti American.

"The Left" is equally not responsible for being anti newborn.

I hate to hear such a broad stroke judgement against any team, XO.

Come on now, isn't it time that we work together and find a way to make this nation fair, the earth cleaner and work on finding a way to rid the  hate towards one another in this nation?

Simple response? Perhaps, but children can also come up with a simple answer and adults brush the stroke aside.

Just today I was listening to a program on NASA tv. The recent shuttle disaster in 2005 could have been prevented if the scientists had applied a bit of High School Physics to the problem of the styromfoam panel that blasted into the wing of the craft that eventually exploded across the State of Texas.

Simplicity is not something to take lightly.

We are never going to settle a problem with anger and disdain for the "other guy".

Not that I haven't expressed such sentiments, myself, mind you.

But, I do believe you will see eventually that to come to a place of common ground and logical settlement of the issues at hand, we will have to revisit the basics.

My goodness, we have had to revisit the basics in eduation as of late. Phonics/vs/ whole language education.

But it works.

Simple, cooperative resolutions to any problem will win any election in the end.

Bush was a wind fall winner as prez..... and his term did more harm than good.

That's not to say that these men will do any better....

or worse.

There is a new horizon of politicians on the docket. There has to be.

Perhaps Obama will change things around.

Lordie, I have to admit, he just might be the one to pull this off.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:33:45 AM by Cindy »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 01:22:18 AM »
<<How many jobs have unions created?>>

You might not want to go there, BT. 

If the idea is that unions by asking for higher wages and safer work conditions and more family-friendly working hours are discouraging businesses from expanding and taking on new help, the solution would be to place the means of production in the hands of the state, remove BOTH the profiteers and the profit motive and start to operate the business for the benefit of its workers and not its owners.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 01:34:37 AM »
You might not want to go there, BT. 

It was a simple question.

Other than organizational staffing are they a net job creator?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 01:45:21 AM »
<<Other than organizational staffing are they a net job creator?>>

When the U.S. had a net positive trade balance, the conventional answer was "Yes," since they ensured that the American worker would have the funds to buy the products of America's families and the leisure time to enjoy them.  Today that same reasoning would probably lead to the conclusion that they would be net creators of jobs in China.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 01:51:51 AM »
Today that same reasoning would probably lead to the conclusion that they would be net creators of jobs in China.

So they really aren't doing much good domestically unless the employees are employed by the government.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 02:02:11 AM »
<<So they really aren't doing much good domestically unless the employees are employed by the government.>>

No, unions can make all the difference between safe and unsafe work environments, fair and unfair labour practices, living wages and starvation wages etc.

Your question was limited to job creation.

My take on that aspect is, if there's potential for an industry to employ many more people but at higher wages than are presently being paid, if private industry can't do it, the means of production should be nationalized industry-by-industry till you have all factories operating at capacity with an appropriate workforce at appropriate wages.  And no more corporate profits flying out the window in the form of $300 million golden parachutes.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14:39 AM »

No, unions can make all the difference between safe and unsafe work environments, fair and unfair labour practices, living wages and starvation wages etc.

Only in union shops. The government is really the first line of defense.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2008, 02:24:56 AM »
<<Only in union shops. The government is really the first line of defense. >>

The tort trial lawyer is probably the first line of defence, unions second and government third.  Government only acts to co-opt the unions.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2008, 02:36:54 AM »
The tort trial lawyer is probably the first line of defence, unions second and government third.  Government only acts to co-opt the unions.

All three make their livings off the sweat of others. The GOVT is the biggest gang in the hood.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2008, 03:44:32 AM »

Everyone is racist in one way or another.

I have to disagree completely with this notion Cindy. While everyone is subject to the constraints of their historical time period and to some degree the prominent intellectual schools of thought at those times...I would strongly disagree that "everyone is racist." Why would you believe this to be so?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2008, 03:44:59 AM »
<<It's kinda like Tee's claming racism, where none exists in the conversation>>

When I claim racism, sirs, it's for a damned good reason.  Even when you like to pretend it's not there.  

Like in the Blonde video?  Like in Bt's reference to throw out the ACORN registrations?  In other words, crying racist, when THERE ISN'T ANY.  Yea, we know the "damned good reason".  It's to try and bully the debate, try to label the other person a racist, or nazi, or fascist, or whatever demeaning term (that has now lost all sense of significance, by your perseverative knee jerk application of it), to try and put them on the defensive

And news flash big fella, at no time has anyone here ever claimed that racism doesn't exist.  But if you want to perpetuate that lie, by all means, continue
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:38:31 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle