Author Topic: Interesting idea about our two parties  (Read 715 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Interesting idea about our two parties
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:43 PM »
On npr a guess was talking  that the two parties are actually in collusion for well over a century to preventing other parties from getting control. Which if you recall the debates does actually exclude other from participating.

Im just suggesting maybe we shouldn't be putting too much into two crusty party and need something alot different

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Interesting idea about our two parties
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
I would welcome third and fourth parties. The Canadians manage pretty well with a multiparty System. Even Mexico has three actual contenders now, the PRI, PAN and PRD.

I do not expect the number of meaningful parties to increase, based on past history, but I would be all for it.

I won't vote Republican't or Libertarian, though, since they oppose what I consider to be actually civilized.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »
  I like the Libertarians well enough to vote for one now and then.

I have even voted for a Democrat a few times.

At least half of the time I am voting more against a candidate that I abhor more than for one I really like.

Yes, this makes it possible to manipulate my vote, I am aware of the problem much better than I am aware of any fix for it. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »
Remember ross perot and how people said to he drained votes. I personally saw as proof was a two party system. People should really shut thier mouths about how they want others how to vote

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
Perot was borderline crazy, but he had the right to run.  The press took him seriously because he had lots of money.
Ralph Nader was far more articulate, but he had little money and they ignored him.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."