Author Topic: Obama's Grandmother Dies At Age 86  (Read 9371 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies At Age 86
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 08:50:25 PM »
So, how many guns do you have stashed away to overthrow an oppressive government?

What is your rank in that militia?

I really don't think that they will let you buy what you'd really need to overthrow any US govt.. Perhaps you could fly one off that base.

Your chances of overthrowing the US got with the weapons that are legal for you to own arte about the same as the Cherokees getting Georgia back from the palefaces. Remember, the Supreme Court said they were evicted illegally. The Law is on their side, too.

I work for the Fed I maintain some of the very wepons that make rebellion an unlikely prospect I know how awesome they are and how impossible it is to avoid them.

If I could only have spoken to Osama I could have told him how hopelessly outcalssed he was , he can't win by makeing a lot of martyers , if every Muslim existant becomes a myrtyer we would not be defeated , line them up or hide them in the woods we can shoot them in any number.

And someday our government might need overthrowing , I don't mean now , I mean when the necessity is agreed with among the people , but hte people will be helpless as no time in the past.

WE are too accustomed to haveing good governments , can we not even imagine an American haveing Hitlers soul?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 05:49:14 AM »
And someday our government might need overthrowing , I don't mean now , I mean when the necessity is agreed with among the people , but hte people will be helpless as no time in the past.

WE are too accustomed to haveing good governments , can we not even imagine an American haveing Hitlers soul?

===================================================
How do you get the people to agree on overthrowing an oppressive govt.? They are oppressive, right? They will arrest you if you discuss overthrowing them. That is illegal. It is called "conspiracy to overthrow the govt.".

It an American Hitler did arise, nothing you have in your closet would be of much use in overthrowing him. The Second Amendment may have been a great idea at the time, but the weapons the govt. has now cannot be beaten with mere rifles and handguns.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »

===================================================
How do you get the people to agree on overthrowing an oppressive govt.? They are oppressive, right? They will arrest you if you discuss overthrowing them. That is illegal. It is called "conspiracy to overthrow the govt.".

It an American Hitler did arise, nothing you have in your closet would be of much use in overthrowing him. The Second Amendment may have been a great idea at the time, but the weapons the govt. has now cannot be beaten with mere rifles and handguns.

It was definately a good idea at the time , and for several generations an American Citizen was able to purchace wepons as good or better than the US Army could buy. What changed to make this something other than a good idea?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
It was definately a good idea at the time , and for several generations an American Citizen was able to purchace wepons as good or better than the US Army could buy. What changed to make this something other than a good idea?

============================================================
Obviously, weapons have become far more efficient. Take a machine gun for example.

The government won't let you own a machine gun, grenade launcher, flamethrower, or a surface-to-air missile, even though that is exactly what would be perfect to use to take out a tyrant, flying about in his helicopter. If the 2nd amendment was designed to prevent tyranny, it should allow you to own this sort of weapon.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2008, 12:52:28 PM »
The government won't let you own a machine gun

Sure it will. The so called "Assault Weapon" ban did not ban a single machine gun. It only banned semi-automatic weapons that looked like machine guns. I have several friends who own machine guns and one friend who manufactures them.

Acquiring a Class III Federal Firearms license will allow you to own as many machine guns as you like, as long as you pay the tax stamp on each one ($200 a piece, last time I checked).

Here is a local to you (more or less) gun club that hosts machine gun shoots: http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/events/machinegun.htm
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BSB

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
The government won't let you own a machine gun

Sure it will. The so called "Assault Weapon" ban did not ban a single machine gun. It only banned semi-automatic weapons that looked like machine guns. I have several friends who own machine guns and one friend who manufactures them.

Acquiring a Class III Federal Firearms license will allow you to own as many machine guns as you like, as long as you pay the tax stamp on each one ($200 a piece, last time I checked).

Here is a local to you (more or less) gun club that hosts machine gun shoots: http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/events/machinegun.htm

Of course it only takes about 10 years to aquire a class III by the time they're through screwing around with you. 

BSB

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
And I should add that the feds can come into your house anytime day or night and make sure you still have the machine gun and didn't sell it someone. Further an M60 will cost you what? $20,000? $30,000?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
Even if I can own a machine gun to overthrow a naughty government, I feel that a ground-to-air missile would be a far more effective weapon, because with it, one could dispense with machine-gunning the guards and blow the tyrant out of the sky. I can't own one of these, so the Founding Fathers purpose seems to have been thwarted, doesn't it?

My original point is not whether I can buy a machine gun and plink  at cans and bottles with my pals, but overthrow a dictatorial regime, as Plane said was the intent of the second amendment. I maintain that weapons owned by the government of the US are far too deadly for me or Plane or anyone to overthrow the government, a la Red Dawn. There is no chance that a "well-armed militia" would stand a chance these days. We must simply rely on our elected leaders to not turn into despots out of the kindness of their hearts.

I

BSB

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »
Even if I can own a machine gun to overthrow a naughty government, I feel that a ground-to-air missile would be a far more effective weapon, because with it, one could dispense with machine-gunning the guards and blow the tyrant out of the sky. I can't own one of these,

Right. Hand held "ground-to-air missiles" are what defeated the Russians in Afghanistan.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Even if I can own a machine gun to overthrow a naughty government, I feel that a ground-to-air missile would be a far more effective weapon, because with it, one could dispense with machine-gunning the guards and blow the tyrant out of the sky. I can't own one of these, so the Founding Fathers purpose seems to have been thwarted, doesn't it?

My original point is not whether I can buy a machine gun and plink  at cans and bottles with my pals, but overthrow a dictatorial regime, as Plane said was the intent of the second amendment. I maintain that weapons owned by the government of the US are far too deadly for me or Plane or anyone to overthrow the government, a la Red Dawn. There is no chance that a "well-armed militia" would stand a chance these days. We must simply rely on our elected leaders to not turn into despots out of the kindness of their hearts.

I

Depending on the powerfull to remain uncorrupted forever seems shakey. There really should be someone that the US Government fears , who better to fear than the people of the US?

I am for takeing the ban on Ground to air Wepons in private hands to the Supreme court as it is plainly unconstituional.

The discouragement of Militias is even worse , banded together a militia could afford some top notch wepons , but the FBI is breaking up such militis as fast as they form , how can this constitutional garuntee be so badly flouted?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
The discouragement of Militias is even worse , banded together a militia could afford some top notch wepons , but the FBI is breaking up such militis as fast as they form , how can this constitutional garuntee be so badly flouted?

======================

By all means, sue them.