Author Topic: Carson rides the Trump wave.  (Read 1316 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Carson rides the Trump wave.
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »
  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us/politics/ben-carson-advancing-in-polls-is-a-sharp-contrast-to-donald-trump.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-0&action=click&contentCollection=Politics&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=Blogs

In this article it is argued that Donald Trump has been a benefit to Dr. Carson, extra people tune in to see Trump being flamboyant , then get a dose of Carson charm also.

I guess I can see this potential, Trump and Carson are equally non-traditional but very different in manner.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Carson rides the Trump wave.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
Notice also the "elephant" in the room......look who are the folks surging in the GOP polls.....the NON-politicians, Trump, Carson, and Fiornia.  This is how so aliented the GOP has made its voting base....the ongoing pledges to reign in Government, the Democrats, and Obama, only to see them drop right back in line with the poltical estabishment, once they've been sworn in......outside of a few exceptions of course.

The polls demonstrate that the electorate is having a hard time swallowing what the professional Politicians keep promising, given their track record of dropping any effort, as soon as the 1st line of resistance is felt from the left or MSM.  So, who better to throw their polling support behind than some folks who aren't professional politicians.  I still think a Walker/Rubio ticket is the bees knees, but I completely understand the anger that's fuleing the polling successes of folks like Trump, Carson, & Fiorina
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:40:47 PM »
   Where are you going to go?

On the Democratic side , all of the candidates are experienced politicians with lots of clout inside the "beltway" .

The wide field on the Republican side has diluted the advantage of" establishment "approval .

Trump , has the wherewithal to dilute the establishment cash advantage.

Now, will people likely to vote for Clinton or Bush be given pause by the connectedness and the coin that the presidential family candidates bring?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »
The nominee will be neither Carson nor Trump. Watch and see them fail.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
Watch and see who the people choose
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »
Carson is extremely bright.
I would love to see him President.
Like Reagan....Carson is a former Democrat that came to his senses.
However I would be shocked if he wins the long race.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 05:24:11 PM »
Carson has no tact. He likes to say stupid things to deliberately piss people off. So do Trump, Cruz and Fiorina. That is why none of them will ever be president.

Watch and see.

Poor Jeb's popularity is down to single digits.
I expect he will show us what bazillions can do at the right moment.

And we should not forget that Olebush is the former head of the CIA and knows LOTS of dirty tricks.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 05:36:19 PM »
Good gravy, it's like listening to a broken record of nothing but rap "music".  Let me see if I have this straight.....ANY and EVERY Republican candiate is either a pompous jerk with no tact, purposely pisses people off, bought and paid for by the "oligarchy", and/or has no chance what-so-ever because........because xo says so.  We just need to skip the whole process, and annoint Clinton, right??  Skip all this silly nominating process

Carson is about as opposite to Trump in demeanor and tact, as one can get, and you think they're cut from the same cloth??  Fiorina the same as Cruz??   :o   Just another example of how blinded in ideology you are to current reality

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 06:09:20 PM »
Carson says stupid crap in a quiet voice, but it is just a matter of style, not of substance. He picks fights when they do not need to be picked, he acts like he is some sort of wizard when he is clearly out of his league on foreign policy and many other issues. And beside that, the head honchos of the party know that they cannot get the big bucks from donors if he is the candidate.

There are no perfect candidates, but the Republican Party requires people to cater to the very rich to even be considered. Adheriong to the standards of the Republican Party is a serious defect. They are all poor choices, and none of them deserve to be elected.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
Examples would be nice of this supposed pikcing fights, that of course, no other politician does.  Your say so simply holds no water

Not to mention our current community organizer and chief was not only a dunce in foreign policy before he took office, and many other issues, he continues to validate it, on a daily basis

So, when someone like Carson or Walker or Rubio or even Fiorina, gets the nomination, you can stick your GOP only caters to the rich garbage where the son doesn't shine, since to the hard core left, NO Republican would deserve to be elected

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »
And let's not ignore the grand master of catering to the rich....herr Clinton, and the Oligarchy that has bought and paid for her subservience, 10x over

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 09:14:44 PM »
In my opinion, no Republican does deserve to be elected.

But just watch and see, Trump, Fiorina, Carson and Cruz are longshots for VICE president at best.

Reagan is not a "Democrat that came to his senses". Reagan was HIRED--paid money and a lot of it to deliver right wing speeches on behalf of General Electric after he had become persona non grata for ratting out the members of the Screen Actors Guild he was elected to lead. He could get no more roles, and GE had recently had some execs go to jail during the Eisenhower years  for price fixing and collusion.   Reagan was hired to deliver a speech written for him to Rotary and Lions Clubs and the like all over the West. Eventually he read the crap so many times he started to believe it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 12:24:44 AM »
And let's not ignore the grand master of catering to the rich....herr Clinton, and the Oligarchy that has bought and paid for her subservience, 10x over

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 12:18:29 PM »
You hate Clinton because millions have been spent on  putting her down for the past 30 years.

I would be happier with her if she would come out against the  big banks and the stupid Keystone pipeline.  I was not impressed with her voting to give Juniorbush the power to invade Iraq, either.   She lacks the charisma of husband Bill.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 12:26:34 PM »
I don't hate anyone.  I despise dirty politics however, and those that relish in it, like Herr Clinton