Author Topic: Berger relinquishes law license  (Read 1055 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Berger relinquishes law license
« on: May 18, 2007, 04:09:40 PM »
Friday, May 18, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sandy Berger, the former national security advisor under President Clinton, voluntarily relinquished his law license Friday, more than two years after he pled guilty to illegally removing highly classified documents from the National Archives and intentionally destroying some of them.

Berger pled guilty in April of 2005 to the illegal removal of documents related to terror threats during the 2000 millennium celebration. He agreed to perform 100 hours of community service and pay a $50,000 fine.

In a statement Friday, Berger said "While I derived great satisfaction from my years of practicing law, I have not done so for 15 years and do not envision returning to the profession. I am very sorry for what I did and I deeply apologize."

-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Mucho

Re: Berger relinquishes law license
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »
>>I am very sorry for what I did and I deeply apologize."<<

Now there are words we will never here from the sociopath crooks now in the White House even though they do far worse almost daily.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Berger relinquishes law license
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:01:20 PM »
Friday, May 18, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sandy Berger, the former national security advisor under President Clinton, voluntarily relinquished his law license Friday, more than two years after he pled guilty to illegally removing highly classified documents from the National Archives and intentionally destroying some of them.

Berger pled guilty in April of 2005 to the illegal removal of documents related to terror threats during the 2000 millennium celebration. He agreed to perform 100 hours of community service and pay a $50,000 fine.

In a statement Friday, Berger said "While I derived great satisfaction from my years of practicing law, I have not done so for 15 years and do not envision returning to the profession. I am very sorry for what I did and I deeply apologize."

-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Article

I sincerely hope his says this because he is truly repentent and not just because he got caught. I suppose only he and God know the "real" scoop.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D