Author Topic: 'tis the season  (Read 2277 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 'tis the season
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
Also, they got my middle initial wrong by accident and so when I started getting tons of mail begging me for money addressed to my misspelled name, I deduced that they sold my name to some mailing list.

Ouch!

I would not like that either.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 01:55:38 AM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 06:17:30 AM »
  Classic!

Classic goofiness , I love it.

By how hard the Atheists are trying to be irritating, one can gauge how much they are irritated.

Prothetilisation fails either way, but the tolerance is terrific.

BSB

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 06:49:32 AM »
There are a few nut-jobs on both sides of the "war on Christmas",  but the truth is there isn't a war. I'm not Christian but I enjoy the whole thing. The older I get the more I enjoy it because I know where the pitfalls are now. I don't spend too much, or eat too much. I have the memories of those that are no longer here, I enjoy those who still are, and my special joy is the new arrivals. It's a good time of year.

The Christian myth has one very strong message. We were all created in the image of God it says. America carries the same message. All men are created equal. While Buddhism doesn't follow the concept of a creation, the Buddha said the same thing as well. We all have Buddha nature. For me, that is the message of Christmas.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »
While there are Atheists that do try to be irritating, I don't think that they are in the majority. Darwin was not an Atheist, by the way. He was surely not a fundamentalist (which is what most people see to have been in his time). Darwin was a scientist, and certainly did not try to irritate anyone.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."