Author Topic: Rude Student Tasered After Asking Kerry A Question  (Read 14131 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Rude Student Tasered After Asking Kerry A Question
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2007, 08:08:38 AM »
Tasering a student is a violation of free speech. Free speech is protected by the Constitution.

Spiking a tree is protecting the environment.
The lumberjack, I point out, CHOOSES to use a chainsaw, or is ordered to do so by his employer.

Not that spiking trees is in any way common, while tasering innocent people is something we hear about on a regular basis.

Perhaps tasering the lumberjacks would be safer. Maybe we should educate the redwoods to taser lumberjacks.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2007, 08:12:36 AM »
tasering innocent people is something we hear about on a regular basis.

Funny, I've only heard about people being tasered by the police for resisting arrest.

Perhaps you can find an article about a police officer that just tasered someone minding their own business walking down the street?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2007, 08:15:15 AM »
Cops are often goons who enjoy bullying people. When people have had enough, they protest and the goon takes out his taser.

This has happened all the time here in Miami.

Our police are pretty much useless when it comes to catching criminals. They love to screw drivers, give parking tickets, and bully people.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2007, 08:23:54 AM »
Cops are often goons who enjoy bullying people. When people have had enough, they protest and the goon takes out his taser.

This has happened all the time here in Miami.

Perhaps you should elect a mayor that will clean house, then.

The cops here in Charlotte, and up in Minnesota are generally pretty nice.

Of course, the cops in Maryland were in many cases goons like you describe, but I attribute that to the majority Democratic support in the elected government.

And resisting arrest is not a valid form of protest.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2007, 02:13:29 PM »
Resisting arrest is not a SANE form of protest, but it is definitely a form of protest.

No one should try it unless they are sure there is a camera on them and the cops.

I hardly think cops are bad because they are Democrats or Republicans. The goonish ones are Fascists, anyway.

The worst cops are the Tim McVeigh types who tried to become seals or rangers or some form of elite fighting fart and were thrown out. Those are the ones that seem to be disciplined most often here, according to the Miami Herald and the Miami New Times.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »
Resisting arrest is not a SANE form of protest, but it is definitely a form of protest.

I didn't say that resisting arrest wasn't a protest (indeed, it is a relatively pure form of protest) - I said that it wasn't a valid form of protest. The law covers what are considered valid forms of protest. Marches, picketing, etc are valid forms of protest. Resisting arrest is a crime.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »
I hardly think cops are bad because they are Democrats or Republicans.

Actually, I said nothing about the cops being Democrats or Republicans. I did mention that they should be controlled by their civilian superiors, who are elected. And in Maryland, the worst cops are in districts that are run by the Democratic political machine. Last time I checked, Miami was under almost complete control by Democrats, no?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »
Tasering the "protester" is a horrible crime apparently, but spiking trees to threaten lumberjacks with bodily injury is some how justifiable. The intellectual, uh, dexterity there is just amazing.

That's what I thought, as well.

Batons ,nets, pepper,wrestleing moves all have some chance for causeing injury , I think the tazer is not any worse in this respect than the alternatives availible.

I'm all for anything that stops the bad guys. If they get hurt, well, they took their chances. They'll learn the same lesson this punk did - your choices have repercussions, and sometimes they hurt.

Tasering a student is a violation of free speech. Free speech is protected by the Constitution.

Not when he purposely violates the rules of the forum he is ranting in, then refuses to stop.

The lumberjack, I point out, CHOOSES to use a chainsaw, or is ordered to do so by his employer.

The nitwit in question, I point out, CHOSE to resist and try to continue on.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »
I don't consider burning inanimate objects as violence.  Is a campfire a form of violence?

Firebombing buildings where people might be is violence.

I don't care what they call it, I just hope they keep burning shit without hurting one living thing.

One of these days, they're gonna miscalculate and kill someone. Will you be proud of them then?

ELF doesn't firebomb buildings where people might be.

If the miscalculate and kill someone, I'll denounce the F out of them.  I don't anticipate them doing that.  Their whole deal is protecting life so they'll go a long way to ensure that no one is in something they torch.  I don't think you understand what they're all about.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2007, 06:07:37 PM »
a spike in a tree is intent to harm unless they informed people the tree has it
I don`t recall any mention of warnings

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2007, 06:17:19 PM »

If the miscalculate and kill someone, I'll denounce the F out of them.  I don't anticipate them doing that.  Their whole deal is protecting life so they'll go a long way to ensure that no one is in something they torch.  I don't think you understand what they're all about.

Sure they do. While most of their firebombing attacks have been on new construction that hasn't been occupied yet, they have also firebombed research labs that are in use, in several cases the fires spread to other buildings that might have been occupied. Just because they did their attacks at night does not mean that the building are guaranteed to be empty. In addition, there have been cases of ELF set bombs that did not go off on schedule and remained primed and potentially dangerous until the bomb squad arrived to disarm them.

They've firebombed a few McDonalds as well - how did they know that there would be no homeless guys looking around for a free meal when the bombs went off?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2007, 08:20:15 PM »

Sure they do. While most of their firebombing attacks have been on new construction that hasn't been occupied yet, they have also firebombed research labs that are in use, in several cases the fires spread to other buildings that might have been occupied. Just because they did their attacks at night does not mean that the building are guaranteed to be empty. In addition, there have been cases of ELF set bombs that did not go off on schedule and remained primed and potentially dangerous until the bomb squad arrived to disarm them.

They've firebombed a few McDonalds as well - how did they know that there would be no homeless guys looking around for a free meal when the bombs went off?

Has anyone ever been hurt or killed by a confirmed ELF event?

The answer I'm sure you will find is no.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2007, 11:29:48 PM »
Running around setting fires puts firefighters at risk of injury or death, whether there are any other innocent civilians around or not.

For that they should de-nut the sonsabitches.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2007, 12:13:22 AM »

Not yet.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2007, 12:25:54 AM »

Not yet.

Really? Seems to be inevitable .