Author Topic: speaking of knocking on your door  (Read 7795 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
speaking of knocking on your door
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: speaking of knocking on your door
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »
Thanks.  The guy - - Sayyed Yusef Tabatabai Nejad  - - gave a sermon in Esfahan (Isfahan?) in which he claimed that his religion, Shi'a Islam, was the one true religion (seems to be I've heard Popes say that) and that it's not just for themselves but they hope to spread it first to their Sunni brothers, then the Christians, then the Jews and then even the "polytheists' (Hindus) would "have no alternative" but to accept it.  Honest to God, does the RCC ever preach anything else?

By way of comparison, I looked up some of the sayings of Franklin Graham in Wikipedia:

# "The god of Islam is not the same God of the Christian or the Judeo-Christian faith. It is a different god, and I believe a very evil and a very wicked religion." [1]

(Note that Sayyed Yusef Tabatabai Nejad did not utter one disrespectful word about any other religion in his sermon.)

# "But let's use the weapons we have, the weapons of mass destruction if need be and destroy the enemy." (CNN, September 14, 2001)

(Note that Sayyed Yusef Tabatabai Neja did not utter one call to violence in his sermon.)

# "...we'll make a great mistake if we hold back our technology and hold back our weapons and put young men and women in there and sacrifice them because we're scared to use some of our major weapons. And I think we're going to have to use every -- and I hate to say it, hellish weapon in our inventory, if need be, to defeat these people." (CNN, September 14, 2001)

("Why Christianity is the Religion of Peace - - and Islam is Not" - - title of a book recommended by either the Professor or CU4)

# "This is one wicked city, OK? It's known for Mardi Gras, for Satan worship. It's known for sex perversion. It's known for every type of drugs and alcohol and the orgies and all of these things that go on down there in New Orleans... There's been a black spiritual cloud over New Orleans for years. They believe God is going to use that storm to bring revival."

(the next book in the same series:  "Why Christianity is the Religion of Sanity and Islam is Not")   :)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »

michael but honestly don't you see the huge difference?

Rev Graham and the Pope do not have people within their religion TODAY IN CURRENT TIMES blowing up airliners, blowing up buses, flying planes into buildings, blowing up night clubs, beheading people, blowing up commuter trains full of innocent civilians in Spain and England, car bombing airports, assassinating women because they hold elective office, violently attacking schools because they are teaching women, suicide bombings on a daily basis, threatening to kill all members of entire countries, all in the very name of the religion. It's no secret that the people doing these kinds of things proclaim their primary motivation is their religion. (Islam)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
I dunno, CU4 - - where's the evidence that Sayyed Yusef Tabatabai Nejad has people blowing up airliners, flying planes into buildings etc.?  As a matter of fact the Sept. 11 mujahideen were all Sunnis, the very first people that Nejad hopes to convert.

<<Rev Graham and the Pope do not have people within their religion TODAY IN CURRENT TIMES blowing up airliners, blowing up buses, flying planes into buildings, blowing up night clubs, beheading people, blowing up commuter trains full of innocent civilians in Spain and England, car bombing airports, assassinating women because they hold elective office, violently attacking schools because they are teaching women, suicide bombings on a daily basis, threatening to kill all members of entire countries, all in the very name of the religion.>>

Seems to me that more people have been killed in Iraq than in all the blown-up airliners, WTC victims etc. put together and the killers were in the U.S. army, most of whom WERE within the religion of the Pope and Graham.  And what's the difference to the victims if the killers killed them in the name of Christianity or democracy or WMD?  They're all just as dead.  Surely if the Christian religion were any better than the Muslim religion it would have prevented all this carnage.  Why point a finger at the Muslims and say "Look what their followers did" when you ignore everything done by those who follow Christianity.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 05:34:47 PM »
I dunno, CU4 - - where's the evidence that Sayyed Yusef Tabatabai Nejad has people blowing up airliners, flying planes into buildings etc.?  As a matter of fact the Sept. 11 mujahideen were all Sunnis, the very first people that Nejad hopes to convert.

I never said this Muslim Cleric has his followers doing these terrible deeds, but it is a fact that people within Islam are doing these horrible deeds in the name of their religion and they even admit their motivation is their religion. There are mountains of evidence I can provide from the last year, even the last month, of violent carnage perpertrated by Muslims claiming Islam as their primary motivation.

Why are you so reluctant to admit the obvious? Today, in the year 2007, none of the other religions of the world has this huge problem of followers carrying out violent attacks targeting innocent civilians in the name of their religions claiming their motivation is their religion.

Seems to me that more people have been killed in Iraq than in all the blown-up airliners, WTC victims etc. put together and the killers were in the U.S. army, most of whom WERE within the religion of the Pope and Graham.

Come on you must know that is a false dichotomy.
The people killed in Iraq by US/Coalition forces are not killed in the name of some religion.

And what's the difference to the victims if the killers killed them in the name of Christianity or democracy or WMD?
The difference is when you are discussing which religion in today's world has a serious problem of violence, one points out the reality that every single day we see headlines of horrible attacks by Muslim followers claiming motivation from Islam to carry out these attacks.

Why point a finger at the Muslims and say "Look what their followers did"
Because that is in fact reality is it not?
You do the exact same thing towards past instances of violence and crimes from Christians throughout ancient history.
But in today's world...in the now....it is the followers of Islam who claim their motivation is Islam and are doing these horrible violet acts all over the globe every single day. There is no current similar violent situations in any of the other major religions of the world.
Again, why do you find it so difficult to readily admit the obvious?

when you ignore everything done by those who follow Christianity.
I ignore? No I don't deny the historical facts, how could one?
But you seem like you are attempting to ignore the facts in the current time.
I freely admit that Christians in the past have done horrible things.
But I live in today's world, not centuries ago or even decades ago.

And the fact is, currently there is no comparison as to what religion has a very serious problem of violence in it's midst in today's world of followers carrying out daily violent attacks all over the globe and freely stating the motivation is their religion.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:37:16 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 05:48:53 PM »
MT, I fail to see why you cannot admit the obvious, namely that today it is radical Islam that are committing these horrendous acts. You keep brining up the past and so I respond to you that you need to live NOW and HERE. Let's do what we can to mitigate any issues coming from militant Islam. Unfortunatuiely, that someitmes menas we have to give up our liberties. So be it. I do not like it, but it seems the lesser of two evils.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 02:46:05 AM »
Unfortunatuiely, that someitmes menas we have to give up our liberties.

I'm glad our founding fathers and those who fought to bring forth this great nation didn't think that way.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »
Give me liberty or give me death.

What would that be today, I wonder?   Give me liberty--if it's convenient, if mean scawy brown people with an eeeevil religion aren't plotting sometime, somewhere to hurt me.....
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 01:46:04 PM »
Unfortunately, that sometimes means we have to give up our liberties.

I'm glad our founding fathers and those who fought to bring forth this great nation didn't think that way.

Ok, so H, if no searches at airports and such were performed, guess what would probably occur? Gimme  a break.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

gipper

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 02:56:51 PM »
Some of you guys seem bound and determined to stir up a war with all of Islam on specious (and unChristian) grounds. You will do so only over my metaphorically dead figurative intellectual body.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
Ok, so H, if no searches at airports and such were performed, guess what would probably occur? Gimme  a break.

Let it happen.

Roll back TSA and Homeland Security.

The founders pretty much said you are on your own. Thus the 2nd Amendment.

gipper

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 04:07:47 PM »
BT, at times you're an embarrassment to this board.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »
Some of you guys seem bound and determined to stir up a war with all of Islam on specious (and unChristian) grounds. You will do so only over my metaphorically dead figurative intellectual body.

Are you then presenting the postion that we should roll back all the recent procedures employed to "protect" us? If so, on what grounds?
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »
Are you then presenting the postion that we should roll back all the recent procedures employed to "protect" us? If so, on what grounds?

=======================================
Let's start by ceasing to protect ourselves from one another's shampoo and nailclippers.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 05:46:49 PM »
Ok, I'll buy. Then wnat?
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D