Author Topic: Let's take a look at some of these trendy thread titles...  (Read 4920 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
...of Lanya's.

No room for the dead   (direct implication that the GOP doesn't care about our soldiers, of those who have lost their lives in combat, and that they had no expectation of how many deaths would occur......as if the GOP & Bush have some magical crystal ball)

Strong executive or Rule of Law? (completely misrepresented application of signing statements, as if they're analogus to actual legal precedent & Rule of Law, yet they're perfectly constitutional.  I mean, it just can't possibly be BOTH.  Noooo, not if it's Bush)

Just an oversight  (sarcastic reference to an investigation completed that Lanya simply doesn't agree with.  Apparently it wasn't thorough enough, while Clinton's mass firings were perfectly reasonable)

Stealing votes  (another, in a long list of completely unsubstantiated claims of the GOP stealing the 2004 election, when not stealing the 2000 election)

Soldiers lose custody of children (with the indirect implication this is some nefarious GOP/Bush ploy, when it's a legislative issue in place.....for how long again?  And being determined by local FAMILY court judges, citing they're decisions trump any Federal jurisdiction

But of course, she doesn't hate Bush, but Republicans do want women to die of cancer.  Go figure
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:15:04 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

domer

Re: Let's take a look at some of these trendy thread titles...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:19:12 AM »
Though I wrote a stinging criticism of Lanya's entry "No room for the dead," the story, as titled has not only punch but contextual savvy. Without getting into the "I mourn more" debate, one can readily see -- reflecting one of the great morals of the Iraq belligerency -- that those responsible simply weren't ready (failed to plan properly for) the reality in Iraq. It doesn't get much punchier than that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:19:40 AM »
News flash Domer, the point that the administration wasn't thoroughly prepared for the veracity of the Post-Saddam insurgency has been criticized adnauseum by ALL sides.  However, Lanya's rank effort to imply that the Administration doesn't care for those soldiers lost serving our country, is the epitome of a knute-like hit piece, all hyperbole with stark little, if any, substance to the implication
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:37:29 AM »
However, Lanya's rank effort to imply that the Administration doesn't care for those soldiers lost serving our country, is the epitome of a knute-like hit piece, all hyperbole with stark little,blah blah blah.
=============================
The real point here is that Juniorbush and Cheney just don't care enough about the soldiers that have died and been crippled and driven mad by their misguided unnecessary ill-planned warmongering (let alone the millions of displaced, dead and maimed Iraqis) to bring them home and MAKE IT STOP.

The US is not going to win an Iraqi civil war.

It's time to impeach Cheney, just for starters. No one wants him toi be president, ever.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »
The real point here is that Juniorbush and Cheney just don't care enough about the soldiers

Source?

They ever make a low lying fruit remark? They ever say if you aren't smart you will end up in Iraq?

I don't recall that. Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
The obvious indicator of who cares for the troops is who has sent them there to die in the first place, who keeps them there to die in the second place and who vetos a law that would (albeit all too gradually for my taste) have taken them away from the killing ground in the third place.

If ANYBODY gives a shit over the fate of these poor misguided redneck morons, it sure as hell is NOT the "President" and his criminal entourage.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:57:19 AM by Michael Tee »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
<<Stealing votes  (another, in a long list of completely unsubstantiated claims of the GOP stealing the 2004 election, when not stealing the 2000 election)>>

I wouldn't say "completely unsubstantiated."  It is in fact rather fully substantiated as to BOTH stolen elections, although in publications which you seem to lack the time and/or the inclination to read.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:56:24 AM »
<<Strong executive or Rule of Law? (completely misrepresented application of signing statements, as if they're analogus to actual legal precedent & Rule of Law, yet they're perfectly constitutional. >>

Holy shit, it's "perfectly constitutional" for the chief executive to wilfully frustrate the expressed will of the legislative branch??  Even I did not know that.  Educate me, professor.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
The obvious indicator of who cares for the troops is who has sent them there to die in the first place, who keeps them there to die in the second place and who vetos a law that would (albeit all too gradually for my taste) have taken them away from the killing ground in the third place.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Did FDR care about the troops? Apparently not.

Fidel with his troops in Angola? Apparently not

Stalin care about his troops? Apparently not

Mao care about his troops? Apparently not

All of the above sent troops into harms way.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 11:44:50 AM »
News flash Domer, the point that the administration wasn't thoroughly prepared for the veracity of the Post-Saddam insurgency has been criticized adnauseum by ALL sides.

It has?

I have seen grudging acknowledgement from one side then typically terse replies consisting of "what does that matter now?"

I haven't really seen good critical analysis of how the administration seriously fouled up the post-Saddam reality from "ALL sides" as of yet. I'd love to see some of that actually, in order to understand fully what went wrong and why.

I remember back when the President and the Defense Secretary claimed that it was a "few Saddam loyalists" and then "a few Saddam loyalists and some terrorists." It was apparently never as simple as that and it seemed everyone knew that.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »
<<Did FDR care about the troops? Apparently not.>>

Sent them to die for a good reason.  The war against fascism, militarism and racism.

<<Fidel with his troops in Angola? Apparently not>>

Sent them to die for a good reason.  Defending the Revolution against white racist fascists from South Africa/

<<Stalin care about his troops? Apparently not>>

Sent them to die for a good reason.  Defending the Revolution against fascism, racism and militarism

<<Mao care about his troops? Apparently not>>

Sent them to die for a good reason.  Defending the Revolution against Japanese imperialism, American racism and imperialism.

<<All of the above sent troops into harms way. >>

All for the best of reasons.  Wouldn't quarrel with any of them.  What did Bush send those dumb schmucks to die for?  He can't even get his story straight.  First, the "threat" of Iraq - - a nation of 23 million people! - - and its non-existent "weapons of mass destruction."  Then with that outrageous lie blown sky-high, for "democracy" in Iraq - - a laughable proposition at best, incredible when contrasted with his utter LACK of concern for "democracy" in Egypt, in Saudi Arabia, in Kuwait, in Jordan, in the West Bank.  He sends them to die for outrageous lies that he can't even keep straight.  Even the "democracy" bullshit is being exposed and he finds another lie - - "stability" and when that one goes, he'll find another one yet.  The one word that will never pass his lips is "OIL" and even that - - which happens to be the truth - - is not a good enough reason for the carnage he has caused.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »
Mikey

Your argument is about the reasons for war.

How you can stretch that to Bush doesn't care, i don't know.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 12:25:55 PM »
<<Your argument is about the reasons for war.

<<How you can stretch that to Bush doesn't care, i don't know. >>

Well, theoretically, it's barely possible that the guy really believes that U.S. control of the Middle Eastern oil fields is as vital to the national interest as, say, fighting fascism, then my argument would be a stretch.

I just think he's a lot more cynical than that - - the oil is for the benefit primarily of the rich, and only incidentally and to a much lesser degree, of the car drivers and citizens of America.  He's basically sacrificing these poor schmucks for the greater glory of the richest 2% or 5% of the population, not for the greater good.  IMHO.  Sure, I could be wrong.  Maybe he really thinks this is for the good of the country.  Who the hell knows for sure?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »
News flash Domer, the point that the administration wasn't thoroughly prepared for the veracity of the Post-Saddam insurgency has been criticized adnauseum by ALL sides.

It has?

Yea, Js, it has

I have seen grudging acknowledgement from one side then typically terse replies consisting of "what does that matter now?"

That too....................and?

I haven't really seen good critical analysis of how the administration seriously fouled up the post-Saddam reality from "ALL sides" as of yet.

Then you're not paying attention.  Willful or accidental would be my question

I'd love to see some of that actually, in order to understand fully what went wrong and why.

I'm not sure why I'm having to repeat this, since it, and many other posts from the right side have been presented numerous other times, but perhaps Js missed all of those as well, so, let's do it again....Bush and his military folks failed on 2 significant fronts, post-Saddam.  
1) they disbanded the Iraqi Army, who H impressed earlier, likely would have been ready and willing for a change from rule under Saddam, the way they were treated (*outside of the Republican Guard perhaps), thus negating a sizable force that could have quickly been retrained under the new Iraqi Government, and thus be able to stabilize the defense of Iraq MUCH faster than currently.  
2) Bush and his military folks failed to have several contingincy plans ready to impliment at a moment's notice, which includes the option of a significant increase in the amount of coalition forces, once it was determined how much greater the insurgency was determied to be.  Thus allowing those insurgent & terrorist acts to fester, and boil over once some of the mosques and and recruiting centers were hit

NOW, the administration and it's military are countering with a "surge" effort, to attempt to level out the ship.  Is it working?, most indications appear to point to yes.  Is there still violence?, of course, it a war.  I expect more violent acts to occure even after Iraq has been deemed safe for their own forces to take over security.  Have more american soldiers been killed since the surge?, of course, since more U.S. soldiers are patrolling and working in much more dangerous areas of the insurgency.  Have tremendeous accomplishments been made since the fall of Saddam as well, absolutely, new Democracy, new ratified Constitution in a fraction of the time that would have been considered, record # of voters despite the threat of retaliation.  all that scares the living daylights out of Iran, Syria, and similar minded countries......THUS the rationale for their efforts to try and prevent precisely what we're trying to accomplish, as stable democratic muslim country, right at the heart of what used to be a completely safe haven & training grounds for militant Islam

I remember back when the President and the Defense Secretary claimed that it was a "few Saddam loyalists" and then "a few Saddam loyalists and some terrorists." It was apparently never as simple as that and it seemed everyone knew that.

War never is, Js.  And that, everyone does know.  and please try to remain honest by acknowledging that when we're talking about the areas of instability and insurgent/terrorist acts, we're actually only talking about a small area in all of Iraq, largely being the Suuni triangle.  The Kurdish north, and pretty much all of the Shiite south have been largely stable, with very infrequent attacks, and have supported by overwhelming majorities, our efforts to bring democracy to their once oppressed Dictator-run nation
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:59:33 PM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 01:24:09 PM »
Maybe he really thinks this is for the good of the country.  Who the hell knows for sure?

He has repeatedly stated that the war is in our national interest and the majority of the senate and house agreed with him at the time.

Your claim he does not care is just empty rhetoric.