Author Topic: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical  (Read 6166 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2011, 02:57:14 AM »
   High standards are good , and I take your point that Republican standards need not be dependant on Democratic standards.

Thank you for understanding my point.

I really did not expect it to be that hard a concept to grasp.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2011, 03:05:47 AM »
There is a question not yet answered , what sort of mocking of the president should be acceptable?

Anything to do with what he has control over would be fine.

Policy for example.

You would put cartoonists out of work.     Ever see Bush depected by tiny close set eyes and raised eyebrows?    You can do that with font, observe>

".."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2011, 03:56:09 AM »
   High standards are good , and I take your point that Republican standards need not be dependant on Democratic standards.

Who thought otherwise?  Who claimed GOP standards needed to be lowered to Dem standards?  More so, who claimed that Dem standards were acceptable for the GOP??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2011, 04:15:55 AM »

Who thought otherwise?  Who claimed GOP standards needed to be lowered to Dem standards?  More so, who claimed that Dem standards were acceptable for the GOP??

No, she shouldn't.  It was poor taste & poor judgement, that's all.  She apologized.  Obama has demonstrated for worse judgement, & no one's calling on him to resign

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2011, 04:20:43 AM »
and......citing the Democrat party as doing FAR worse is hardly declaring a goal of lowering GOP standards down to theirs

Care to try again?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
There is a question not yet answered , what sort of mocking of the president should be acceptable?

Anything to do with what he has control over would be fine.

Policy for example.

You would put cartoonists out of work.     Ever see Bush depected by tiny close set eyes and raised eyebrows?    You can do that with font, observe>

".."

I guess your threshold for what would be fair game depends on whether you look at politics as sport or as a means of addressing problems.

Do we look to cartoonists and late night talk show hosts for guidance on the behavior expected of party officials?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2011, 04:24:10 AM »
and......citing the Democrat party as doing FAR worse is hardly declaring a goal of lowering GOP standards down to theirs

Care to try again?

Oh please . You minimized her behavior based on Obama's behavior.

Look . I understand you find racist humor acceptable. Fine. Then perhaps she should be promoted instead of resigning.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2011, 04:30:11 AM »
No, I compared it to Obama's.  A CHASM of a difference. 

And there you go again, claiming I don't have a problem with racist humor.  Will your pathetic misrepresentations ever cease?? 

I have a problem with folks claiming it was a racially motivated act, minus any shred of some pattern to validate that claim.  I have a problem with her being raked over the coals for a stupid tasteless joke, complete for demands for her resignation, while the left & Obama get free passes for such demands of resignation for rhetorical racial garbage and piss poor judgement FAR worse, and WITH a pattern

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2011, 04:43:37 AM »
No, I compared it to Obama's.  A CHASM of a difference. 

And there you go again, claiming I don't have a problem with racist humor.  Will your pathetic misrepresentations ever cease?? 

I have a problem with folks claiming it was a racially motivated act, minus any shred of some pattern to validate that claim.  I have a problem with her being raked over the coals for a stupid tasteless joke, complete for demands for her resignation, while the left & Obama get free passes for such demands of resignation for rhetorical racial garbage and piss poor judgement FAR worse, and WITH a pattern

There you go again. If Obama gets a pass, she should too. Lower the standards, full speed ahead.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2011, 04:45:45 AM »
When she starts even getting close to his and the Dems standards, complete with a pattern of such, THEN we can entertain the idea of demanding her resignation

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2011, 04:55:30 AM »
When she starts even getting close to his and the Dems standards, complete with a pattern of such, THEN we can entertain the idea of demanding her resignation

There you go again. Let's lower those standards to dem levels.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2011, 05:04:50 AM »
There you go again, when I said nothing of the sort.  Seriously, what prompts you to pull that garbage Bt?  How is my clearly stating that what the Dems do is far worse, and that if /when any republican or conservative even begins to approach that level, to demand their resignation = Let's lower those standards to Dem levels??  Garbage like that I can expect from the likes of Xo, or Tee, but you??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 05:09:09 AM »
Read what you just wrote.

There will be no resignations requested of GOP party functionaries until the reach the levels of the dems.

once upon a time the GOP had higher standards:

During debate over the impeachment of Bill Clinton on December 19, 1998, Livingston acknowledged that he had had an affair and resigned as Speaker-elect. He challenged President Bill Clinton to resign as well. Livingston then announced he would resign from the House in May 1999.[5] This was despite support from the Minority Leader Dick Gephardt of the Democrats who had agreed to work with Livingston had the latter assumed the Speaker's office and not make a continued issue of Livingston's affair. Indeed had Livingston become Speaker as originally intended, this would have made it much more difficult for the Republicans to carry out impeachment proceedings.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Livingston#Resignation

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2011, 05:18:11 AM »
I wish you would read what I write.  Here's a hint, at NO TIME, HAVE I SUPPORTED THE IDEA OF REPUBLICANS OR CONSERVATIVES LOWERING THEMSELVES TO THE LEVELS OF DEMOCRATS.  COMPARING is NOT SUPPORTING.  And When they START TO REACH (translated....heading that direction, NOT actually there), then we can start seeing some resignation demands.  Here's another notch, I was one of the 1st ones demanding Livingston's resignation.

An affair however is NOT a bad joke.  Not even the same ball park.  Not even the same sport 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2011, 05:32:32 AM »

So in the meantime, business as usual. Let's give her the opportunity to form that pattern.
Maybe promote her to minority outreach or something more suitable to her skillset.