Author Topic: Remember the Wellstone "Memorial"  (Read 15345 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Remember the Wellstone "Memorial"
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 05:49:11 PM »
Can you name any Democrat members of the Tea Party Caucus in Congress?

The Tea Party had goals/philosophies and the Republican Party signed on to many of them where the Dem Party didn't. What the D Party did do (and that includes Obama & Clinton) was attack, degrade, lie, divide, and soil upon on the Tea Party movement. The R Party decided to join up. It wasn't the other way around and the Tea Party signed up to the Rep Party.

The TP invitation was open to all; wasn't limited to one group, one race, or one party. You do recall the Tea Bagger insult, or don't ya? And you do recall that the Teas Party was looking for people to promote the US Constitution? So who in their right mind would be for less spending, living within a budget, smaller government, and abiding by the US Constitution?

I'm not sure why Bt is hung up on the Tea Party, as a supposed example of political opportunitism by some faction.  It's already been explained how it came to be.  It wasn't via transparent political opportunitism, near as much as a clear desire to retun the country back on the path that made it great to begin with.  A party, that simply exists, does not equate as an opportunistic political faction.  That includes the Democrat party.  It's the ACTIONS that demonstrate such. 

I'd like someone to name 1 tragic event or circumstance, that the Tea party jumped on, "RIGHT FROM THE GATE", to push their political agenda
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
The GOP certainly hijacked the tea parties focus on small government and low spending. made it their own once they read the tea leaves so to speak.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
I'm not sure how you can hijack something that's, IIRC, already part of your own founding platform.  If anything they got a wake-up call

Next?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
I'm not sure how you can hijack something that's, IIRC, already part of your own founding platform.  If anything they got a wake-up call

Next?

How could that be their platform, if they ran up deficits? If anything the tea party put the GOP on notice that business as usual would no longer work.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 06:21:56 PM »
as I said....WAKE UP CALL.  As I said, it's part of their own platform.  Can't "hijack" something you already have.  The GOP merely stopped following it

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »
as I said....WAKE UP CALL.  As I said, it's part of their own platform.  Can't "hijack" something you already have.  The GOP merely stopped following it

If they stopped following it, it was no longer part of their creed, unless you are calling them hypocrites.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 07:11:32 PM »
The GOP certainly hijacked the tea parties focus on small government and low spending. made it their own once they read the tea leaves so to speak.

maybe they (as in the R Party) listened to the people and realized that the party had strayed away from Ronald Reagan's belief about how government should work. Taking advantage of death - the death of Liberalism! I love that kind of opportunism!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:21:16 PM by Kramer »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
I'm not sure how you can hijack something that's, IIRC, already part of your own founding platform.  If anything they got a wake-up call

Next?

How could that be their platform, if they ran up deficits? If anything the tea party put the GOP on notice that business as usual would no longer work.

Because the R Party was hijacked just as the D Party was hijacked by the same people, more or less. How can you have two parties that essentially believe and act the same way? There needs to be a clear choice or difference between the two parties. There is a clear choice now, and last November cemented why it's important. BT are you a block head? How could you miss something so obvious?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
as I said....WAKE UP CALL.  As I said, it's part of their own platformCan't "hijack" something you already have.  The GOP merely stopped following it

If they stopped following it, it was no longer part of their creed, unless you are calling them hypocrites.

I am.  I don't see where it was removed from their platform.  Do you?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »
There is a clear choice now, and last November cemented why it's important. BT are you a block head? How could you miss something so obvious?

Oh i didn't miss anything. And i do believe eventually there will be a clear choice, via a third party formation.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »
as I said....WAKE UP CALL.  As I said, it's part of their own platformCan't "hijack" something you already have.  The GOP merely stopped following it

I am.  I don't see where it was removed from their platform.  Do you?

Why would you defend the GOP if you think them hypocrites?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:55:28 PM by BT »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 07:37:50 PM »
And why no response questioning why the T shirts are on Sirs list.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
BTW didn't the GOP use Williams firing as an opportunity to try to defund NPR?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »
as I said....WAKE UP CALL.  As I said, it's part of their own platform.  Can't "hijack" something you already have.  The GOP merely stopped following it

I am.  I don't see where it was removed from their platform.  Do you?

Why would defend the GOP if you think them hypocrites?

Why wouldn't I, if they've come to their senses, via the Tea Party movement, and will start adhering to their own platform

Unlike you, mainifested by your lack of examples, I don't see the GOP as so similar in being transparently opportunistic in their politics, following tragedies or natural disasters, in pushing an agenda, as the Dem party.  Especially against the majority will of the Public.  I see a platform I can agree with, and a structure in place to keep liberals from over running this country.  It also allows me to bash and criticize them when they run as DC Elites vs the representatives we voted them into office for.  Not to mention squashes any pretense you had that I was some Republican cool-aide drinker

Waiting for a 3rd party to manifest themselves, as "noble" as that might be, runs a serious risk of this country turning into a 3rd world pseudo-England, that will take far beyond my years to ever see a return to its glory days, and why we left England & Europe, in the 1st place.

And why no response questioning why the T shirts are on Sirs list.

??

BTW didn't the GOP use Williams firing as an opportunity to try to defund NPR?

I heard "talk".  I saw no serious efforts.  Though it could be argued it's similar to the increased talk of the Fairness Doctrine.  I think the difference is front burner vs back burner

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
It was a memorial, and they're handing out t-shirts, with political slogans??

Together we thrive is a political slogan?
For what party?

I heard "talk".  I saw no serious efforts.  Though it could be argued it's similar to the increased talk of the Fairness Doctrine.  I think the difference is front burner vs back burner

Hardly talk.

Sen. Jim DeMint, the conservative and increasingly powerful Republican senator from South Carolina, introduced a bill Friday to strip federal funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) in the wake of National Public Radio's decision to fire Juan Williams for comments about Muslims that he made on Fox News earlier this week.
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/22/jim-demint-introducing-bill-to-defund-public-broadcasting/

Why would you defend the GOP if you think them hypocrites?

Why wouldn't I, if they've come to their senses, via the Tea Party movement, and will start adhering to their own platform

Have they? or did they simply regain the House on the backs of the Tea Party.