Author Topic: I think I could make one of these  (Read 3212 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I think I could make one of these
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 05:08:38 PM »
ADM??

I don`t think I`ve ever seen one or noticed then
I have no cable

==========================
I don't have cable, either.
ADM is Archer-Daniels-Midland Corp., which is the largest publically traded grain broker in the world.

They advertise in particular on those Sunday Morning Gasbag shows, (Meet the Press, Face the Nation, ABC news) where they discuss politics. There are lots of ADM ads on PBS these days.

One where thay talk about how a farmer in Nebraska is working all day to bring in the crop so a truck driver can deliver it, so it can be processed so some kid in Gwangjong Province or somewhere in China can get his noodles or something. Very slick, very professionally done.

The other two big grain compaines are Cargill, which is private, and advertises a lot less, and Bunge-Born, which is also private and pretty much invisible to the public.

ADM makes out like a bandit on corn to ethanol subsidies. They spend a LOT on political campaigns and lobbying in DC and all the farm states in the Midwest.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I think I could make one of these
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 12:55:35 AM »
There is a presumption that there will be one big winner.

I think XO is right about this , that wind is the answer where it is windy , thermocline is the answer where there is deep water, Geothermal where the Moho  is shallow , Nuclear where there is small danger of earthquake , the appropriate answer is a lot of diffrent answers, each one chosen for its appropriateness in the partcular place , we have had all of our eggs together in too few baskets for about a century .

If there is a tecnology I think is really set to the be bigest winner , in my opinion it is electric cars and cars that can use multiple fuels.

The energy in the electric car could ave been from any energy sorce before it became electricity , in an advanced diesel engine you might be able to pour a wide range of oils into the tank  where sensors would tell the engines' computer what sort of volitility to expect and the computer would change settings on the valves and meters of the engine , Volvo is bragging about its research program .

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4024035&s=bibendum2006