Author Topic: Creation debate going Global. Sigh.  (Read 15107 times)

domer

Re: Creation debate going Global. Sigh.
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
Equal, but in different ways. One errs in the artistic/theological realm, and the other errs in the "mathematical"/"logical" way, but both types of failings stem from human yearnings and human fallibility.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »
science is a work in continual progress.
the bible is called perfect and nobody will ever have the right to question it.
so i

terra

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2007, 10:15:26 PM »
THE “Atlas of Creation” runs to 770 pages and is lavishly illustrated with photographs of fossils and living animals, interlaced with quotations from the Koran. Its author claims to prove not only the falsehood of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection, but the links between “Darwinism” and such diverse evils as communism, fascism and terrorism. In recent weeks the “Atlas de la Création” has been arriving unsolicited and free of charge at schools and universities across French-speaking Europe. It is the latest sign of a revolt against the theories of Darwin, on which virtually the whole of modern biology is based, that is gathering momentum in many parts of the world.

At least we won't be the only nation going down the idiot tube. Freedom Fries anyone?

Science is science...myth and faith is not science. You can not prove religion.

The govenment is begging for kids to go into science and math...how can they if they are being told that dinosaurs and man walked the earth at the same time and baby dinos were on the ark...hell that there was an ark that held all the animals..two by two.  ID will  ruin this nation...well what will be left after Bush is done.

terra

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2007, 10:56:50 PM »
The govenment is begging for kids to go into science and math...how can they if they are being told that dinosaurs and man walked the earth at the same time and baby dinos were on the ark...hell that there was an ark that held all the animals..two by two.  ID will  ruin this nation...well what will be left after Bush is done.

So you would ban religion if you could Terra? All or just certain sects?

yellow_crane

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2007, 12:48:33 AM »
science is a work in continual progress.
so i

Lightning bolt?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
Should a preacher, et al,  have a right to say that the Bible is fallible?

In my entire life, I have never heard one.

Which of the two is more fallible--Bible or Science?

Of course theologians have the "right" to question the fallibility of the Bible. Many do. That is a ridiculous notion.

Now you are getting into the territory of Bibliolatry and turning the books of the Bible into objects of worship.

Protestants certainly questioned the Bible when they removed seven books from it! Martin Luther famously commented that he "found no trace of the Holy Spirit" in the Apocalypse of John (Revelations). He also questioned whether either the Epistle of James or the Epistle of Jude were worthy of the Biblical canon.

The early Church Fathers included some books such as the Martyrdom of Polycarp and 1 Clement in the New Testament Canon and did not include The Apocalypse of John for some time. It was not until the 4th Century that the modern canon was adopted, but even then some of the Eastern churches still clung to the older styles.

Then we have issues of translation. For example, when the King James Bible was commissioned there was no real scholarship in modern Aramaic and Syriac (two of the languages in which texts have been preserved). So there were numerous errors.

In other words, the Bible is viewed by some as completely free of error, but certainly not all Christians see it as such.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.