Author Topic: You guys were right about one thing: The Palin Bounce is Real!!  (Read 5043 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You guys were right about one thing: The Palin Bounce is Real!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 04:48:14 PM »
<<Sounds like Obama after his convention.>>

Not really.  All the questions about Obama had already been asked and answered.  The questions about Palin are still being fired from all sides, unanswered (in fact, Republicans are doing their best to see that some of them REMAIN unanswered, as pressure mounts on the Troopergate investigation to stall its proceedings till after the election) and new revelations seem to be coming out of the woodwork on an hourly basis.  It's probably 50/50 now that she can hold on.  The Globe today wrote about "mommybloggers" - - blogging mums who are outraged that Palin, with a newborn Down syndrome baby, three other kids and a pregnant teen on her hands, has the fucking irresponsibility to run for Veep at all.  This says a lot about Republican "family values" IMHO and hopefully in a lot of conscientious mothers who take their family duties seriously, as Palin evidently does not.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:51:32 PM »
"How the hell are you sumbitches?!?!?"

Kinda like hillbilly's in Tennessee?

I'm from California and most liberals here believe you southern folk like to screw sheep and take trips down the Hershey Highway. You little butt pirate!

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »
<<Sounds like Obama after his convention.>>

Not really.  All the questions about Obama had already been asked and answered.  The questions about Palin are still being fired from all sides, unanswered (in fact, Republicans are doing their best to see that some of them REMAIN unanswered, as pressure mounts on the Troopergate investigation to stall its proceedings till after the election) and new revelations seem to be coming out of the woodwork on an hourly basis.  It's probably 50/50 now that she can hold on.  The Globe today wrote about "mommybloggers" - - blogging mums who are outraged that Palin, with a newborn Down syndrome baby, three other kids and a pregnant teen on her hands, has the fucking irresponsibility to run for Veep at all.  This says a lot about Republican "family values" IMHO and hopefully in a lot of conscientious mothers who take their family duties seriously, as Palin evidently does not.

Please lay out each unanswered question and lets see if any are legitimate or just silly questions like - how can this women raise 5 kids and be the VP?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
"She is a secessionist after all"

Thats what this country was founded on!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 05:15:54 PM »
<<Please lay out each unanswered question and lets see if any are legitimate or just silly questions like - how can this women raise 5 kids and be the VP?>>

Sure:

1.  What did she do to get her ex-brother-in-law fired as a state trooper and how did her firing of Joe Monaghan relate to his refusal to fire the ex-brother-in-law?

2.  how can this women raise 5 kids, one being a newborn Down syndrome baby and one being a pregnant teenager and be the VP?

3.  if she was so opposed the Bridge to Nowhere, why did she keep all the Federal money paid for it and why did she spend $10 million building the approach road to it after stopping all work on the bridge?

4.  why did she co-appear with U.S. Senator Ted Stevens days before his indictment to demonstrate solidarity with him? and the follow-up, what had she and Ted done for each other and for each other's friends and family in the past?

5.  What were the books that the Wasilla librarian refused to burn in a Nazi-style public book-burning, in return for which Palin fired her?

6.  What kind of advice did she give her daughter Bristol regarding safe sex that resulted in Bristol's teen pregnancy?  (relevant because she'll be in a position to influence what kinds of sex ed for American teenagers deserve Federal funding)

7.  What advice did she provide to Bristol that affected her decision to abort or bear the baby?  relevant for similar reasons to the last question.

Believe me there are plenty more, and more are suggesting themselves every day.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »
Maybe in her dream country of the United State of Alaska.

She is a secessionist after all.

Source?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »
The Toronto Globe & Mail had an article that she and her husband attended several Alaskan Separatist Party conventions in the early 1990s.  I've seen that before on the web.  I might not have the party name right but it's something like that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 05:35:53 PM »
86% approval rating in Alaska is pretty cool. I guess there are a few Dems there that like her.

looks like everyone is anticipating her speech as much if not more that Obama's.

Looks like this is becoming an election between Obama & Palin.

Everyone who?  The thing is people were expecting Obama to make a great speech and set expectations high.

Yes , and he didn't really did he? If he as a failing showing it is excessive caution.

Palin has to get up there, like your hero Bush and not cuss and sound coherent.  (The cussing part is optional for her.  People on your side would be peeing themselves with joy if she walked up to the podium and said, "How the hell are you sumbitches?!?!?"

Oh yea!!!

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 05:38:56 PM »
Let me take a stab at these question but understand she is new on the scene compared to Obama & McCain.

1.  What did she do to get her ex-brother-in-law fired as a state trooper and how did her firing of Joe Monaghan relate to his refusal to fire the ex-brother-in-law?

She said she wasn't involved.

When will Obama answer questions about Rev Wright, Tony Rezco & William (the terrorist) Ayers
?

2.  how can this women raise 5 kids, one being a newborn Down syndrome baby and one being a pregnant teenager and be the VP?

Sexist question. Did you ask that of Geraldine Farraro?

She has a husband. My Canadian neighbor Aneil next door stays at home and takes care of the 3 toddlers while his wife Ami brings home the bacon.

3.  if she was so opposed the Bridge to Nowhere, why did she keep all the Federal money paid for it and why did she spend $10 million building the approach road to it after stopping all work on the bridge?

When was the last time anyone turned down free money?

4.  why did she co-appear with U.S. Senator Ted Stevens days before his indictment to demonstrate solidarity with him? and the follow-up, what had she and Ted done for each other and for each other's friends and family in the past?

I don't know but since you at one time supported Bill & Hillary and now support the crook Obama why would you care unless; you only seem to care when you don't support the person then it outrages you. I guess my question to you is why are you two-faced about these things?

5.  What were the books that the Wasilla librarian refused to burn in a Nazi-style public book-burning, in return for which Palin fired her?

Don't know, never heard about this please provide reliable source over made up stuff and I'll get back to you.

6.  What kind of advice did she give her daughter Bristol regarding safe sex that resulted in Bristol's teen pregnancy?  (relevant because she'll be in a position to influence what kinds of sex ed for American teenagers deserve Federal funding)

This isn't any of your business. What Kind of advice did you give your children? Don't answer because that's none of my business and I could care less.

7.  What advice did she provide to Bristol that affected her decision to abort or bear the baby?  relevant for similar reasons to the last question.

None of you business and has no bearing on her job as VP. Check with her husband but again that isn't your business.

Believe me there are plenty more, and more are suggesting themselves every day.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
Let me take a stab at these question but understand she is new on the scene compared to Obama & McCain.

But her staffers were.  What attempts did she take to find out the extent of her staffers' involvement, and to discipline any who executed a project that she claims now not to have been involved in?

When will Obama answer questions about Rev Wright, Tony Rezco & William (the terrorist) Ayers?

Totally irrelevant.  These questions are raised in response to a challenge to name questions that Palin will have to answer, not to list Obama's real or imaginary problems.

Of course not.  Geraldine Ferraro did not have five kids at home, including a pregnant teenager and a newborn Down syndrome baby.

She has a husband. My Canadian neighbor Aneil next door stays at home and takes care of the 3 toddlers while his wife Ami brings home the bacon.

The husband has a full-time job and a newborn baby needs a mother a lot more than a father.

This isn't "anyone," this is a politician running on a platform of trimming Federal government waste.

I don't know but since you at one time supported Bill & Hillary and now support the crook Obama why would you care unless; you only seem to care when you don't support the person then it outrages you. I guess my question to you is why are you two-faced about these things?

OK, I didn't think anyone could answer this question honestly.  The question will not go away and don't be surprised by anything they turn up.

Don't know, never heard about this please provide reliable source over made up stuff and I'll get back to you.

Also in today's Globe & Mail - - she asked the librarian to participate in a public book-burning similar to the one Josef Goebbels organized in Berlin in 1934, and fired the librarian when she refused.  So many citizens supported the librarian that Palin had to rescind the firing.

This isn't any of your business. What Kind of advice did you give your children? Don't answer because that's none of my business and I could care less.

Actually, it is voters' business because this lady could be setting policy as to which sex-ed programs get Federal support and which don't.  I'm glad to see you don't want this question asked or answered, because that indicates it is hitting a nerve.

None of you business and has no bearing on her job as VP. Check with her husband but again that isn't your business.

Same response as above - - it is public business because she has impact on the type of sex ed and public health funding issues that the Federal government may be drawn into.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »
The Globe today wrote about "mommybloggers" - - blogging mums who are outraged that Palin, with a newborn Down syndrome baby, three other kids and a pregnant teen on her hands, has the fucking irresponsibility to run for Veep at all.  This says a lot about Republican "family values" IMHO and hopefully in a lot of conscientious mothers who take their family duties seriously, as Palin evidently does not.

Actually, it says more about the bloggers, who didn't bother to find out first that the Dad will be a stay at home dad, taking care of the kids.

Sexist assumptions, anyone?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:11:13 PM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »

Of course not.  Geraldine Ferraro did not have five kids at home, including a pregnant teenager and a newborn Down syndrome baby.

Who has ever been asked this question?

This is a question reserved for women.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »

But her staffers were.  What attempts did she take to find out the extent of her staffers' involvement, and to discipline any who executed a project that she claims now not to have been involved in?

When will Obama answer questions about Rev Wright, Tony Rezco & William (the terrorist) Ayers?

Totally irrelevant.  These questions are raised in response to a challenge to name questions that Palin will have to answer, not to list Obama's real or imaginary problems.

The husband has a full-time job and a newborn baby needs a mother a lot more than a father.

This isn't "anyone," this is a politician running on a platform of trimming Federal government waste.

OK, I didn't think anyone could answer this question honestly.  The question will not go away and don't be surprised by anything they turn up.

Also in today's Globe & Mail - - she asked the librarian to participate in a public book-burning similar to the one Josef Goebbels organized in Berlin in 1934, and fired the librarian when she refused.  So many citizens supported the librarian that Palin had to rescind the firing.

Actually, it is voters' business because this lady could be setting policy as to which sex-ed programs get Federal support and which don't.  I'm glad to see you don't want this question asked or answered, because that indicates it is hitting a nerve.

Same response as above - - it is public business because she has impact on the type of sex ed and public health funding issues that the Federal government may be drawn into.

Discussions between a mother and daughter are nobody's business.

As soon as Biden and Obama answer all the un-answered questions that are out there then then Palin will answer some of the relevant questions you raise, which are pretty small-scale.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »
Discussions between a mother and daughter are nobody's business.

As soon as Biden and Obama answer all the un-answered questions that are out there then then Palin will answer some of the relevant questions you raise, which are pretty small-scale.

=============================================================================

My feeling is that what went on between her and Ted Stevens might not be all that small-scale.  Neither is Troopergate.  Abusing authority to persecute a serving law-enforcement officer is not a good sign.

I would figure if you fuck with the state Republican chairman, you are going to make a lot of powerful enemies.  Some of them might even know where all the bodies are buried.  The first rule of politics:  Don't fuck with the buzz-saw.  Eliott Spitzer learned too late.

What this will amount to at the end of the day is at this point in time a complete unknown, but an unknown with lots of potential.  Given the fact that most Republicans are greed-driven crooks, the odds are great that these questions, relentlessly followed up, can pay off big-time.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »
"She is a secessionist after all"

Thats what this country was founded on!

Yeah, that's why it was such a big hit and success during the CIVIL WAR.