Author Topic: snore-y and stinky  (Read 1012 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
snore-y and stinky
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:38:20 AM »
Tales From the Obama?s Bedroom
By Katharine Q. Seelye

When is some information too much information?

(Photo: Rick Friedman/World Picture News)In an interview with Glamour magazine, Michelle Obama reveals that her husband, Barack, is so ?snore-y and stinky? when he wakes up in the morning that their daughters won?t crawl into bed with him.
The interview, in the magazine?s October issue, was conducted by Tonya Lewis Lee, who is married to Spike Lee, the filmmaker.
Referring to their daughters, Mrs. Obama says: ?We have this ritual in the morning. They come in my bed, and Dad isn?t there ? because he?s too snore-y and stinky, they don?t want to ever get into bed with him. But we cuddle up and we talk about everything from what is a period to the big topic of when we get a dog: what kind??
Mrs. Obama has been famous, of course, for humanizing her husband with such homespun details, including his habit of not picking up his socks. Is this useful information? With a voracious media out there, the line is getting blurrier and blurrier. But Mrs. Obama seems to feel it serves a purpose.
?Barack is very much human,? Mrs. Obama tells Glamour in response to a reader who wants to know why Mrs. Obama thinks she has been criticized for discussing her home life in such detail. ?So let?s not deify him, because what we do is we deify, and then we?re ready to chop it down. People have notions of what a wife?s role should be in this process, and it?s been a traditional one of blind adoration. My model is a little different ? I think most real marriages are.?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/06/tales-from-the-obamas-bedroom/

The more i hear from this lady, the more i like her.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: snore-y and stinky
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »
Why did we need to know this stuff?

I assumed in the first place that the canadate was a human being and I didn't require a diary of his digestive process as proof.

I do want to know the roots of his philosophy , the strength of his intelligence , the style of his leadership , the history of diffiult decisions he has made , his thinking on the issues that I think are important, things of this sort have to be drawn from such a heap of dross and useless information that eveluateing a canadate becomes a hopelessly daunting chore.

I wonder if we will ever have a non human canadate for Preident? Till we do I will not be intrested in proofs of humanity of the canadate.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 02:39:56 PM »
I disagree. Knowing he leaves his socks laying around may be crucial. What if we get into a war and he forgets a regiment?

See? It all goes back to the socks. :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:07:15 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »
Why did we need to know this stuff?

We don't.

And i'm sure you will be spoonfed plenty about his views on the major ISSUES.

Fact is I like the idea that in his wifes eyes Obama is a regular guy. Helps me with the trust factor, same as Bush.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 03:32:14 PM »
I concur. I want to at least be into the illusion that the Prez is a normal guy.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:07:46 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 03:44:42 PM »
I want ti at least be into the illusion that the Prez is a normal guy.

============================================
Juniorbush is a regular guy only in a few aspects, such as the way he is proudly ignorant of damn near everything.

Perhaps his former drunken ways and his many business failures.

Had he not been born a Bush, he would now be ending his career as a manager of a Piggley Wiggley by being demoted to a lesser store within the chain.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."