Author Topic: Whoever is using my name at ThinkProgress  (Read 6347 times)

Mr_Perceptive

Re: Whoever is using my name at ThinkProgress
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 11:56:03 AM »
"this would happen"

this refers ot atrmepts to shut me up. Which is essentially your play here. I informed the authorites I would wkat the dead. I am simply following that course of action.

Is civility a bad idea?

Good question.

It depends. I do not suffer fools gladly. Never have, never will. Being polite has its uses until it is confused with agreement.

I call 'em as I see 'em. Sometimes, unfortunately, it requires more direct language in an attmept to convert the heathen. To emphasize a point. To address a deficiency.

You are certainly free to not read my posts. I certainly will not be offended.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 12:20:30 PM »
"this would happen"

this refers ot atrmepts to shut me up. Which is essentially your play here. I informed the authorites I would wkat the dead. I am simply following that course of action.

Is civility a bad idea?

Good question.

It depends. I do not suffer fools gladly. Never have, never will. Being polite has its uses until it is confused with agreement.

I call 'em as I see 'em. Sometimes, unfortunately, it requires more direct language in an attmept to convert the heathen. To emphasize a point. To address a deficiency.

My thought, since Mr. Perceptive showed up in 3DHS last week, is that he is actually Professor trying out a Knute or Hoot-like approach to debate.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
Knute? Hoot?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
My thought, since Mr. Perceptive showed up in 3DHS last week, is that he is actually Professor trying out a Knute or Hoot-like approach to debate.

He is who he says he is.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 01:38:43 PM »

He is who he says he is.

OK.

My apologies, Mr. Perceptive, for thinking otherwise.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »
Knute? Hoot?

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 01:44:34 PM »
Knute? Hoot?

Hoot is an former member from some years back, a conservative. Knute is a current member, a liberal. Both are renowned for their abrasive style of debate.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »
Thank you for the info and the implied compliment.

crocat

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:49 PM »
been reading you a little and wonder how long you have been doing this internet debate thing?

The reality is that this form of communication is often more about our own mood when reading a post... our own bias when interpreting that post... and a platform of experience when trying to assemble the communication style of the people you are responding to. 

From my perception of you and your communication style, you tend to jump bad as a preemptive form of debate.

Please do not presume that this an attack nor that I am a liberal.

"this would happen"

Is civility a bad idea?

Good question.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »
"this would happen"

Oh no !

Please do not shut up , someone who can compose cogent prose is an appreaciated asset and you could be just such a thing , being opinionated is just another plus . If you have the generosity required to submit your thinking to criticism then you will indeed enliven and deepen our discussion.

Please feel welcome here.

Is civility a bad idea?

Good question.

As a moderator I have always been lax but I do feel the weight of responsibility even when I don't know what to do about it exactly.
Can we have a garden here without ever pulling any weeds?
If a weed is a noxious plant I suppose not , but if a weed is defined as  a usefull plant whose use is not yet discovered ,the opposite action makes better sense ,discovering the virtues of the plant rather than rejecting it in ignorance.

I did not reject  HOOT  and I get a kick from Knute , I miss him embarassing the left whenever he is absent.

I want to encourage you to continue , but not to decide quite so early to be repellant to half the membership ,I imagine you will discover the value of a good opponent here or if not ,at least the value of a good foil.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 07:20:05 PM by Plane »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
been reading you a little and wonder how long you have been doing this internet debate thing?

The reality is that this form of communication is often more about our own mood when reading a post... our own bias when interpreting that post... and a platform of experience when trying to assemble the communication style of the people you are responding to. 

From my perception of you and your communication style, you tend to jump bad as a preemptive form of debate.

Please do not presume that this an attack nor that I am a liberal.

"this would happen"

Is civility a bad idea?

Good question.

The cat that taught me more than half of what I know about this game is preset .

I defer in humility , to the real talent

yellow_crane

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:17 PM »
"this would happen"

Oh no !

Please do not shut up , someone who can compose cogent prose is an appreaciated asset and you could be just such a thing , being opinionated is just another plus . If you have the generosity required to submit your thinking to criticism then you will indeed enliven and deepen our discussion.

Please feel welcome here.

Is civility a bad idea?

Good question.

As a moderator I have always been lax but I do feel the weight of responsibility even when I don't know what to do about it exactly.
Can we have a garden here without ever pulling any weeds?
If a weed is a noxious plant I suppose not , but if a weed is defined as  a usefull plant whose use is not yet discovered ,the opposite action makes better sense ,discovering the virtues of the plant rather than rejecting it in ignorance.

I did not reject  HOOT  and I get a kick from Knute , I miss him embarassing the left whenever he is absent.

I want to encourage you to continue , but not to decide quite so early to be repellant to half the membership ,I imagine you will discover the value of a good opponent here or if not ,at least the value of a good foil.

I hope you avoid censorship.

Truth to me is that calling someone on their frankness is simply pushing politically correct buttons.

Is refusing to be politically correct reason for even comment?

Debate seems to have an inevitable effect on rigidity, given the trickle trickles long enough.

This fellow sounds very military.  In the military, he would sound very military, and most of the guys he serves with have probably nicknamed him 'Souza.'

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »
Actually, my nickname was "Big Round Top".

Unfortunately, I have been follicle-deficient since age 24.

If my "abrasive" approach creates censure, I can always cease-n-desist my attempts at waking the dead and do it in other graveyards.

There are, alas, plenty of these. Graveyards abound.

I can have fun in many locales.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:08:37 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

Cynthia

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 12:51:02 AM »

If my "abrasive" approach creates censure, I can always cease-n-desist my attempts at waking the dead and do it in other graveyards.

And that's why I love to read a refreshing newbie such as yourself.
God, I hope you're not KNUTE....or Toot Or Throot or t'knoootie.....

You are ripe for this dead horse section of beats...not dead...but alive and well.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2007, 02:20:21 AM »

I don't understand why you're such a piece of shit that feels compelled to use someone else's handle.

To be quite honest, I have spent a lot of time on the net here and in other forums using this same name for literally YEARS.  I'd be willing to chalk it up to naivete and sheet stupidity if you'll just cease and desist.   

I'm still not convinced that you are some newbie who just happens to have chosen my name out of a hat and started using it for no reason.  I'm still pretty sure that you are one of the neanderthalic morons who posts here and is just out to fuck with me.

Either way, I'd appreciate it if would end now.