General Category > 3DHS

Give 'em hell, Harry

<< < (2/4) > >>

hnumpah:

--- Quote ---Big statement. How exactly have our policies in Iraq made us less safe. Any examples to provide?
--- End quote ---

You  might read the declassified parts of the NIE. The ones that mention we have provided a terrorist training ground in Iraq, given folks cause to join terrorist groups, little things like that.

Can you give any examples how it has made us more safe?

The_Professor:
It is, in a way, irrelevant what the report says. The first crucial issue is why releasing a classififed document does not lead to incarceration. Discussion has and will follow since it HAS BEEN released.

BT:
The statement was made that our excursion in Iraq has made us less safe. You have given examples of activities that have made Iraqi's and US combatants less safe.

My question still stands.

How has our excursion made citizens in Jacksonville less safe?

The_Professor:
and how can it be determined that we actually live in a less safe place because of out Iraqi incursion? what metrics can be proferred? It is unclear to me, at least, that this can be proved.

hnumpah:

--- Quote ---The statement was made that our excursion in Iraq has made us less safe. You have given examples of activities that have made Iraqi's and US combatants less safe.

My question still stands.

How has our excursion made citizens in Jacksonville less safe?
--- End quote ---

How safe are you going to be when those who are fighting us in Iraq now start making it to the States later on? Not if; when. By then they will be battle hardened, experienced in making homemade explosive devices, experienced in urban warfare. Or what of the groups made up of Americans we are already finding here in the US who want to take up the cause of the Jihadists, who probably would have and could have, if they had not run into an undercover FBI agent while trying to make contact with someone who could give them support, training and weapons? We stopped one group - how many others are out there that we don't know about?

I saw in this morning's paper that Al Qaeda is publicly recruiting anyone with experience with chemical, biological or nuclear weapons for their war against us.

Now, my question still stands - how has our invasion of Iraq made us more safe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version