Author Topic: God D*mn America  (Read 6794 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: God D*mn America
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 03:44:38 AM »
I miss Michael Tee too.

I heard Rev. Wright on Bill Moyers' show tonight and thought he was excellent.
Very soft-spoken, made a lot of sense.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 05:13:39 AM »
I miss Michael Tee too.

I heard Rev. Wright on Bill Moyers' show tonight and thought he was excellent.
Very soft-spoken, made a lot of sense.   

You should watch the sermon , he does have problems.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 07:26:34 AM »

===========================
And you should have watched the interview, in which he explained that "God Damn America" bit.

He is a preacher. One does not expect rational statements from a preacher. The basic tenets of Christianity are irrational. That is why they must be taken on faith alone.

I noted that in the interview Moyers did not seem to address Wright's allegations about AIDS, which were the most incorrect factual thing that he said. Or perhaps he did... he was so soft-spoken I may have dozed off a bit.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »

And you should have watched the interview, in which he explained that "God Damn America" bit.

He is a preacher. One does not expect rational statements from a preacher. The basic tenets of Christianity are irrational. That is why they must be taken on faith alone.

I noted that in the interview Moyers did not seem to address Wright's allegations about AIDS, which were the most incorrect factual thing that he said. Or perhaps he did... he was so soft-spoken I may have dozed off a bit.

He actually explained that he spoke to a diffrent audience as a preacher and Obama spoke as he must as a Politidciajn.

does one expect truth more from politicians than preachers? God forbid.

The main fallicy of the sermon was that the US government is a natural enemy of the black person, there is no reason to really think this. If it were true there would be no 13 ,14 or 15th admendment. The country is not run entirely by rich white people who are racists , this is a convienient untruth.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »

He actually explained that he spoke to a diffrent audience as a preacher and Obama spoke as he must as a Politician.  does one expect truth more from politicians than preachers? God forbid.  The main fallicy of the sermon was that the US government is a natural enemy of the black person, there is no reason to really think this.  If it were true there would be no 13 ,14 or 15th admendment. The country is not run entirely by rich white people who are racists , this is a convienient untruth.

BINGO !!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »
The abolition of slavery does not mean that Black people run the country. That is an absurd statement.

Black people have many times less influence over the government than their percentage in the population. 
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 09:13:16 PM »
The abolition of slavery does not mean that Black people run the country. That is an absurd statement.

Who made such a statement?