Author Topic: No doubt it works  (Read 10526 times)

Richpo64

Re: No doubt it works
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 05:18:52 PM »
Notice XO dodged the question like a good little libtard.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »
The issue is not who did first, the issue is to force the fools doing it to stop doing it NOW.

The government does not possess a time machine, and what happened before cannot be prevented.

You have no idea do you?

Has any president ever done more to limit the harshness of treatment of our POWS than has President Bush?

If you do not know , that is OK.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
I tend to believe if possible you should get 1st hand experience to make decision.
ex. when i help friends move furniture ,if a heavy items gets moved several Times
I would tell the person she needs to know how heavy  the sofa is to truely know where it should go
so far this work extremely well.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2007, 05:50:15 PM »
I tend to believe if possible you should get 1st hand experience to make decision.
ex. when i help friends move furniture ,if a heavy items gets moved several Times
I would tell the person she needs to know how heavy  the sofa is to truely know where it should go
so far this work extremely well.

I like the concept, interrogators should not use any tecnique that they could not bear themselves.

This wouldmake the line between torture and fair leverage in questionng sharper and harder to miss.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 06:24:08 PM »
it`s not unreasonable the guy who volunteered did it twice.
so their are people willing to submit to this .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 06:27:01 PM »
I tend to believe if possible you should get 1st hand experience to make decision.  ex. when i help friends move furniture ,if a heavy items gets moved several Times

Yes....BUT....if you're trying to define your work as simply hard vs torturous, you're going to have to have more examples of moving different furniture, to make that determination.  Right??  So, how is it unreasonable to volunteer to have your elbows & knees dislocated??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »
I tend to believe if possible you should get 1st hand experience to make decision.  ex. when i help friends move furniture ,if a heavy items gets moved several Times

Yes....BUT....if you're trying to define your work as simply hard vs torturous, you're going to have to have more examples of moving different furniture, to make that determination.  Right??  So, how is it unreasonable to volunteer to have your elbows & knees dislocated??

You could ask football players , that sort of injury is common in Colledge and pro ball.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »

You could ask football players , that sort of injury is common in Colledge and pro ball.

Not so much Plane.  Speaking from experience in the Sports Medicine field, elbow & knee dislocations are pretty rare.  More common are shoulder seperations & subluxations.  When knees are "blown" it's ususally due to a catastrophic damaging of one if not both of the player's cruciate ligaments, along with one if not both of the collateral ligaments.  You could almost call that a dislocation, but technically it isn't until the bones that make up that particular joint are no longer in their correct alignment/position within the joint capsule. 

THAT all said, whether its torn knee ligaments or a joint dislocation, it's pretty darn painful, from what I've witnessed, with LONG term rehabilitation required just to simply run again

Now, we just have to get those same players to volunteer for some waterboarding, to compare the misery for Kimba's query
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:58:51 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2007, 06:50:51 PM »
Inside Edition tonight has a piece on a person who asked to be waterboarded to see what it was like. It airs here at 7:30 PM on an independent channel, so you will have to check your local listings.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »
Which was the first president to place limits on harsh treatmnt of prisoners of war (or combatants if you please) with an executive order?

George Washington did it as leader of the Continental Army.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/bb/lofiversion/index.php/t5690.html%3EOLD%20American%20Century%20/t2297.html

Lincoln did it as President.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1217-30.htm
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:01:38 PM by hnumpah »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »
Which was the first president to place limits on harsh treatmnt of prisoners of war (or combatants if you please) with an executive order?

George Washington did it as leader of the Continental Army.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/bb/lofiversion/index.php/t5690.html%3EOLD%20American%20Century%20/t2297.html

Lincoln did it as President.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1217-30.htm

Great!

I didn't know these.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 10:51:18 PM »
I knew about Washington, but that was before he was president. Lincoln was the first person actually serving as president I could find that addressed the issue.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 01:26:42 AM »
The issue is not who did first, the issue is to force the fools doing it to stop doing it NOW.

The government does not possess a time machine, and what happened before cannot be prevented.

You have no idea do you?

Has any president ever done more to limit the harshness of treatment of our POWS than has President Bush?

By authorizing torture against POWs and enemy combatants and so forth, Bush has endangered our servicemen more than any other president before him.

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 02:11:02 AM »
By authorizing torture against POWs and enemy combatants and so forth, Bush has endangered our servicemen more than any other president before him.

They weren't in harms way before Bush?

Was John McCain tortured in Nam?

Has a time machine been invented that i didn't read about?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 03:21:26 AM »

You have no idea do you?

When did he do that?
I thought he set new limits.
I just learned that Lincon set some limits , has any president since then set limits?

BTW I also do not beleive that we should set our behavior by what our enemys might be doing , the Al Queda have no limits to speak of and it is expected that their captives will be treated badly. If we treat our captives like kings , we can expect the same from them as if we didn't.