Author Topic: B2 stealth bomber crash photos  (Read 3044 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: B2 stealth bomber crash photos
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:36 AM »
Awesome.

That Plane couldn't fly without computer correction , but the computer depends on correct input.

Cynthia

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:21:10 AM »
Awesome.

That Plane couldn't fly without computer correction , but the computer depends on correct input.

How the heck is THAT AWESOME?..geez..
I suppose I am biased, as my neighbor is a Top Gun pilot, and this sort of thing hits hard at home. :(

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:45:15 AM »
Awesome.

I suppose I am biased, as my neighbor is a Top Gun pilot, and this sort of thing hits hard at home. :(

Cynthya, Cynthya ,Cynthya

I am employed by the Air Force , I have been working on aircraft for more than two decades , I have seen hard landings and heroic piloting  .

I just cannot respect your opinion untill you have been on the flight line as I have , please speak only of teaching .

Awesome is  100% survival in such a bad crack up.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »

Awesome is also the fact that only one has crashed in 20 years.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »
I think it is safe to assume that an airplane is quite likely to be exposed to the elements, such as rain and ice.
It's not like this grotesquely expensive thing is going to be fixed by Allstate's helping hands of Geico's friendly lizard.

Manned aircraft, especially attack aircraft, are just plain  obsolete. If the pilot is sitting behind a console on the ground, his survivability will always be 100%. The plane will not need all the hardware and software to tend to the pilot or crew, either.

It is nice that every human survived this crash, but the taxpayers are still stuck with the repairs or replacement. If they don't replace it, that indicates that it wasn't necessary in the first place.

The Airforce and Congress buy these obsolete pieces of crap because the contractors need the money and the AF generals have egos, and can't grasp that fighter pilots are simply obsolete and lives are risked and training is expended for naught.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
It is nice that every human survived this crash, but the taxpayers are still stuck with the repairs or replacement. If they don't replace it, that indicates that it wasn't necessary in the first place.

The B2 fleet is currently being decommissioned, so it will not be replaced. Just because it's not needed NOW does not mean that it was not needed when it was designed and built. Because the needs changed while it was in production, the US never bought as many as originally planned.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:54 AM »
Its only function when it was originally built was as a deterrent to the USSR. I don't think that the USSR would have survived had the B2 never been built.

It is nice to know we won't have to pay another billion to replace this obsolete thing. It is the 1977 Olds Toronado of defense aircraft. The B-52 seems to have turned out to be more like a pickup truck.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »
Awesome.

I am employed by the Air Force , I have been working on aircraft for more than two decades , I have seen hard landings and heroic piloting  .

I just cannot respect your opinion untill you have been on the flight line as I have , please speak only of teaching .

LOL

I can still make a comment, unless you have some sort of "hold on" what folks can say around here.

The cost of the crash must have hit harder.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 01:09:16 AM »
Awesome.

LOL

I can still make a comment, unless you have some sort of "hold on" what folks can say around here.

The cost of the crash must have hit harder.

No longer with the management, through no fault or complaint with the management.

Cynthia

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 02:17:25 AM »
 ???

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 02:26:51 AM »
I have no hold on what people say around here.