Author Topic: Obama made millions in 2009....Biden didnt give shit to charity!  (Read 1869 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama made millions in 2009....Biden didnt give shit to charity!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 10:32:44 PM »
<<Glenn Beck is Mormon, Mitch McConnell is Baptist.

<<Both of those routinely tithe 10% of their incomes.>>

Mormons don't drink, yet the Mormon Glenn Beck is an alcoholic. 

Wide-ranging generalizations about what "Mormons" or "Baptists" all do or don't do are of very little use in answering the question, which is "What did THIS Mormon do?" or "What did THAT Baptist do?"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »
The bigger question is what does Glenn Beck have to do with Biden's Charitable donations, and only surpassed with why should we care what Biden donates?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 10:53:58 PM »
<<I bet that Biden gave a much higher percentage of his income to charity than Rupert Murdock, Rush Limbaugh, Mitch McConnell or Glenn Beck.>>

LMFAO.  XO compared Biden to FOUR different cryptofascists and so far only ONE of them was even half-assedly disputed.  (The Murdoch family's charitable endeavours were discussed, but without any reference to what percentage of their vast incomes went to charity.)  This leaves THREE cryptofascists that (apart from the charity auction of a politically-charged letter of dubious value) didn't even generate a half-assed rebuttal.

It's an empty accusation.  Minus any evidence to validate Xo's claims, its merely his opinion.  Not sure what your problem is.  Actually, I do

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »
Mormons don't drink, yet the Mormon Glenn Beck is an alcoholic. 

He converted to LDS as part of his recovery.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 11:08:45 PM »
<<He converted to LDS as part of his recovery.>>

That doesn't alter my point that not every Mormon or Baptist adheres to all the tenets of their respective religions.  If I had a buck for every Baptist that violates their preachings against extra-marital sex, I'd be a very rich man.  Belonging to either religion is no guarantee that either of them tithes or observes any of the other religious tenets and even if they did, the only comparison worth making with Biden is what percentage of their income is given away versus what percentage of his.

Besides which, some of the charitable donations if made to Church charities, could just be another way of buying power.  They give to their own base, become trustees of their own charitable funds and acquire name recognition and support in two very powerful and politically active churches which are capable of providing invaluable assistance at key points in the election cycle.

I'm not impressed with any of these guys, and I don't see why Biden has to get into some kind of giving contest with them, even if he'd probably win it against Beck, Limbaugh and McConnell.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 11:13:15 PM »
 Both of those churches require the tithes to remain members.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »
 <<Both of those churches require the tithes to remain members.>>

I think I understand what you meant to say and if so, it means that politicians who tithe to either of those churches are buying themselves a lot of dedicated support.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 09:01:53 AM »
On second thought, maybe I didn't understand you.  You gotta tithe or you're out on your ass?  Or the tithes have to be paid to the benefit of the members who can't tithe?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
On second thought, maybe I didn't understand you.  You gotta tithe or you're out on your ass?  Or the tithes have to be paid to the benefit of the members who can't tithe?

10% of gross income is tithed to the church by all members. Without paying your tithes, you are no longer a member of the church.

Those members who cannot afford to live on their incomes after tithing are then helped by other church members and the support of the church to make ends meet. The LDS (Mormon) church is especially hard core on the latter, to the point of running their own grocery stores for members that charge on a sliding scale (those who can afford more pay more for the food, those who cannot, pay less or get the groceries for free) and weekly visits to church members by other members to help out with any problems or stuff around the house.