Author Topic: Liberal Crazy Talk -- Inciting Violence  (Read 1241 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Liberal Crazy Talk -- Inciting Violence
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Liberal Crazy Talk -- Inciting Violence
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/8576/did-acorn-take-obamas-get-their-face-rallying-cry-literally

Barack Obama, speaking at a rally in Elko, Nevada, on September 17:

“I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face.”

I don't know about you folks but when someone argues with me and gets into my face I sorta think they are getting a bit violent and I really don't know what might happen next!!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
You know what's interesting........you have alot of, dare I say, idiots, trying to connect this shooter with "the right side", in particular Palin & the Tea Party movement.  Even though there isn't any, it's not stopping the accusatory insinuations.  Isn't that putting Palin's life in danger?  Tea party candidates/politicians/supporters?  Isn't that exactly the type of rhetoric that these folks are claiming was put forth by talk radio, the Tea Party, and Palin herself, that launched this 22year old psychopath, into his murderous act??

And on a related note, did you hear about someone trying to immediately start a Facebook page, and make it look like it was this 22year old, and that he was a huge fan of Palin & the Tea Party?  That idiot was in such a hurry to try and make the connection, I heard that he mispelled both Palin's name and that of the shooter, who's facebook page it was supposed to belong to   
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:57:21 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:28:09 AM »

Arizona shootings:
Will Barack Obama stand up to the Left?s shameful exploitation of a national tragedy?

By Nile Gardiner - Jan  9th, 2011

Some hot-headed figures on the Left have wasted no time in exploiting the barbaric shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and 17 others in Tucson yesterday, which claimed at least six lives, and using these tragic events as a political battering ram. As Toby Harnden noted earlier, ?the President wisely did not seek to make political capital out of the carnage or jump to conclusions about the motivations of the gunman, named as Jared Loughner. That, of course, hasn?t stopped some on the Left clamouring to blame Sarah Palin, the Tea Party or Republicans in general for what happened.? See also James Delingpole?s piece on the subject here.

While there is not a shred of evidence suggesting the clearly deranged and fundamentally evil gunman was influenced in any way by current political debates, a striking number of liberal pundits and a few politicians have been quick to invoke the names of Sarah Palin and conservative radio talk show hosts such as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck when talking about the shootings. Here are a few prominent examples.

Paul Krugman, writing in The New York Times:

We don?t have proof yet that this was political, but the odds are that it was. She?s been the target of violence before. And for those wondering why a Blue Dog Democrat, the kind Republicans might be able to work with, might be a target, the answer is that she?s a Democrat who survived what was otherwise a GOP sweep in Arizona, precisely because the Republicans nominated a Tea Party activist? You know that Republicans will yell about the evils of partisanship whenever anyone tries to make a connection between the rhetoric of Beck, Limbaugh, etc. and the violence I fear we?re going to see in the months and years ahead. But violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate.

Michael Daly, writing in The New York Daily News:

At the very least, Palin added to a climate of violence?. And, now that Palin may have the blood of more than some poor caribou on her hands, I wonder if she will continue putting people in cross hairs and calling on folks to RELOAD!

Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva, in an interview with The Huffington Post:

?The climate has gotten so toxic in our political discourse, setting up for this kind of reaction for too long. It?s unfortunate to say that. I hate to say that,? Grijalva said in an interview with The Huffington Post. ?If you?re an opponent, you?re a deadly enemy,? Grijalva said of the mindset among Arizona extremists. ?Anybody who contributed to feeding this monster had better step back and realize they?re threatening our form of government.?

Grijalva said that Tea Party leader Sarah Palin should reflect on the rhetoric that she has employed. ?She ? as I mentioned, people contributing to this toxic climate ? Ms. Palin needs to look at her own behavior, and if she wants to help the public discourse, the best thing she could do is to keep quiet.?

You can also read Jane Fonda?s taseteless tweets on the subject here.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/01/08/jane-fonda-blames-giffords-shooting-sarah-palin-glenn-beck-and-tea-pa

In contrast, a few leading liberal writers have already warned against the politicisation of the Arizona shootings, including Howard Fineman at The Huffington Post, and Howard Kurtz at The Daily Beast. (Hat tip: Jennifer Rubin). It?s time for the president to now do the same.

Barack Obama?s track record so far suggests that while he is usually quick to go to war with conservatives, he is extremely wary of taking on his natural liberal constituency. The president however has an obligation as leader of the American people to speak out against the sickening political exploitation of a tragic event, which was an assault on the freedom of all Americans, conservative, liberal and independent. This is a moment for the White House to cast partisanship aside and call upon those making poisonous allegations to drop them. Above all President Obama should urge them to approach the aftermath of this atrocity with dignity and respect for those who lost their lives, instead of disgracefully using a national tragedy as a political pawn. Perhaps we shouldn?t hold our breath, but this is surely an act of statesmanship the president should be making at this delicate time.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100071050/arizona-shootings-will-barack-obama-stand-up-to-the-left%E2%80%99s-shameful-exploitation-of-a-national-tragedy/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
The guy was simply insane. If radio rantsters caused assassinations, we would not have any Congress left.
Blaming this on the left is stupid, and so is blaming it on the right.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 02:20:59 AM »
Would it be very difficult to find an example of leftists useing violent metaphore when museing about what should happen to Palin?

I don't think this will hurt Sara Palin's ambitions much , only pretty silly people will beleive that she was ever calling for violence and Sara had little chance of getting the really silly vote in the first place.

Election Night Special

[youtube]Election Night Special[/youtube]

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:28:37 PM »
What will happen to Palin is that she will manage to make several tens of millions off her celebrity.

What SHOULD happen is that people should lose interest in her sooner, and she should make less.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
Funny...I could say the same about Gore.  Go figure

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
What will happen to Palin is that she will manage to make several tens of millions off her celebrity.

What SHOULD happen is that people should lose interest in her sooner, and she should make less.

you, as all Liberals do, concern yourself about other peoples money. Her money is none of your business.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:18:05 PM by Kramer »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
Good point Kramer.  Why should she make less?  If people are paying her for ...whatever, it's not being mandated...it's not from taxes taken in.  I can't count how many Hollywood celebrities, professional athletes, and certain former Vice Presidents that fly private jets & limos while telling us to ride bikes, have no business making the gastly sums of money they make.  But they do, and so be it

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »
The guy was simply insane. If radio rantsters caused assassinations, we would not have any Congress left.
Blaming this on the left is stupid, and so is blaming it on the right.

Great post , concice and correct.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked: