Author Topic: You guys were right about one thing: The Palin Bounce is Real!!  (Read 5033 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You guys were right about one thing: The Palin Bounce is Real!!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 06:37:37 PM »
Neither is Troopergate.  Abusing authority to persecute a serving law-enforcement officer is not a good sign.

From a person on another board:

This is one case where when you hear "Palin tried to get her brother in law fired" you think one thing-corruption.

When you hear "Palin's staff looked into allegations that no disciplinary actions have been taken against an officer of the law who a) tasered his stepson and b) made repeated threats to murder his father-in-law" you think something different.

She says her office never requested the officer in question be fired. Since she is the chief executive of Alaska this begs the question "why not!!!"

I mean if I tasered my step daughter and threated to kill my wife the police would lock me up AND my job would probably fire me for ethics code violations.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »
There's a procedure for disciplining wayward cops.  Palin bypassed the whole thing and just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.  No charges, no hearing, no nothing.  Why?  Because THIS cop was her sister's ex.  When the guy refused to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law, she fired HIM.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 06:46:05 PM »
There's a procedure for disciplining wayward cops.  Palin bypassed the whole thing and just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.  No charges, no hearing, no nothing.

Source?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 06:49:54 PM »
Palin bypassed the whole thing and just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.

not true

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »

There's a procedure for disciplining wayward cops.  Palin bypassed the whole thing and allegedly just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.Allegedly  No charges, no hearing, no nothing.  Why? Allegedly Because THIS cop was her sister's ex.  When the guy refused to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law, she allegedly fired HIM.

Knutey

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »

There's a procedure for disciplining wayward cops.  Palin bypassed the whole thing and allegedly just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.Allegedly  No charges, no hearing, no nothing.  Why? Allegedly Because THIS cop was her sister's ex.  When the guy refused to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law, she allegedly fired HIM.

Are you getting to something here , Plane? And then?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »

Are you getting to something here , Plane? And then?

I guess you allegedly read that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
Palin bypassed the whole thing and just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.[/quote]

not true

There's a procedure for disciplining wayward cops.  Palin bypassed the whole thing and just ordered someone to fire the allegedly bad cop.  No charges, no hearing, no nothing.

Source?

I think we have to consider the "source" again.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle