Author Topic: You know, the more I read the more I  (Read 6850 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: You know, the more I read the more I
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
Iran has no weapons aimed at anyone we are "defending". Not yet and maybe not ever.

How do you know this?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
How do you know this?

Do you have evidence that Iran DOES have weapons? If so, present it.

As you should know, one cannot prove a negative. Once more, Israelis and Jews with heebie-jeebies are being used to pep up the arms industry, as have been done many, many times before, at great cost and no benefit.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »
Iran has missiles that they test occasionally. One would think that they also might test the aiming mechanisms of such missiles in the direction of their most likely enemy, which this week would be Israel.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 10:56:30 AM »
Sirs,  If Obama wants to verifiablely disarm with the Russians how can than that be unilateral?

IF Obama decies to do some form of good faith effort by disarming 1st, in order to try and persuade the likes of Russia, China, & North Korea to step up, then you see my issue with it.  It's also NOT a good idea for plausible enemies to know precisely what we do and don't have, in the way of weapons.  Only time will tell, but the agenda appears pretty clear
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 10:59:58 AM »
Iran has missiles that they test occasionally. One would think that they also might test the aiming mechanisms of such missiles in the direction of their most likely enemy, which this week would be Israel.

==================================
One should wait for such a test to occur before one assumes that I should be forced to finance a bazillion dollar project to defend against it, in of all places, Poland.

I fail to see how a missile emplacement in Poland could defend me against any rockets sent from Iran, which to date has no rockets that can reach Poland. One might as well piss away money on a potential elephant stampede from Botswana.

Israel can defend itself. I am neutral on the Palisrael issue, as I am on Sri Lanka and Kashmir and Nagorny-Korobaff and ex-Soviet Georgia.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
Israel can defend itself.

I am quite sure it can. An Iran does have missiles that can reach there.

BTW Iran does have missiles that can reach Poland.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iran/missile/

Cynthia

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »
I was exercising my freedom to openly discuss.

Were you discussing or chastising? There is a difference.

I shouldn't go there with you on this BT, but I must point out to you that sometimes you jump to conclusions, jump in the middle of another person's post with a patronizing remark, not to mention----that you are WRONG.

It's time to give it up. It's time to accept change for the face of it, and the sake of it all.

Keep positive, and give what you can to the promise of a new world order.

Tone from Cindy based on the let down of the election. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Obama succeed. We need that hope. We NEED IT.

It's time to give it up. (sadly, we all , along with Sirs, must let the idea of a conservative to be in office and sadly for a long time to come--thus "give it up". I voted for McCain because I felt strongly about the issue of pro life. So, I was directing the statement to myself as well.  Directed at those of us who  wanted McCain)   .... this was not a chastising remark.
It's time to accept change for the face of it, and the sake of it all. ( We must all accept change for the face of it....for the sake of what is hopeful in the future) ...not chastising there either.

Is Sirs that sensitive that you have to jump on another member's post?

Gezzus...I'll let you know when I'm being "chastising'....

Not like you haven't been btw. I will say on this post YOU WERE WRONG in your interpretation.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »
It does appear however, that Obama's agenda includes using OUR tax dollars to pay for Arab schools, in the HOPE they'll teach their children we're really not all that bad.  Excerpt; Barack Obama will establish a $2 billion Global Education Fund to work to eliminate the global education deficit and offer an alternative to extremist schools

I have news for you - Obama will just be using MORE tax dollars to pay for Arab schools, because it's already being done throughout the Middle East. It is part of a huge initiative to expose the Arab world to American culture that also includes media and education campaigns sponsored by the embassies in Middle Eastern countries.

This is in addition to American taxpayer funding throughout the region for projects for the better good helping to relieve extreme poverty and educate the people even further.

However, it seems that people are now only paying attention that Obama has mentioned it? The ideas are brilliant, and they didn't start where they are being attributed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 01:30:22 PM »
I realize Miss Henny, our tax dollars going all over the globe, the Middle East included.  The issue here again, is the idea of sending more tax dollars (where we're having all kinds of economic issues here), to Arab schools in hopes of facilitating them to like us more, and thus not choose terrorist activities.  There'll be no official U.S. observer verifying the curriculum or how our money is being spent.  There will be no audits or oversight.  and last time I looked, despite the multitudes of public schools and the gazillions of money we spend right here on public education, gangs still flourish in the urban centers of the country

And the point that you make in that we already send $$$, yet they still don't care too much for the U.S. simply reinforces the void in so much of liberal intervention via government mandate ideas, throw money (our TAX dollars) at a problem, and if it doesn't help.....throw more.

So no, it's not brilliant, when the problem still exists, and the notion is we simply need to spend more money....especially when its other people's money.  If you or Obama could demonstrate ACTUAL validated reduction in the amount of terrorists being produced in the middle east by the monies provided so far, or at the very least, demonstrate that such a program would include U.S. oversight on the curriculums being presented to the children, then we might have someplace to start.  But simply proclaiming that we're going to send more $$$$ and hope upon hope it'll be helpful in decreasing terrorist recruiting, misses the entire notion of responsibility and judgement
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »
It's time to give it up. (sadly, we all , along with Sirs, must let the idea of a conservative to be in office and sadly for a long time to come--thus "give it up".

I didn't see where Sirs said Obama would not be his president.

And I don't see why he should give up advocating conservative ideals.

And if it was to be a private conversation, perhaps it shouldn't have been posted in a public forum.

Cynthia

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »
It's time to give it up. (sadly, we all , along with Sirs, must let the idea of a conservative to be in office and sadly for a long time to come--thus "give it up".

And if it was to be a private conversation, perhaps it shouldn't have been posted in a public forum.

I am completely amazed at your concern for one benign post of mine.  ??? My god, BT...have you lost it?

With all due respect.

Are you getting back into that secret policing of one's post...AGAIN?

You have a bad bad habit of throwing stones, Bill.

My god...If my response were to chastise SIRS...who gives a fuck!
Pardon me, but sometimes you push a person to a cursing boiling point!

I wasn't chastising Sirs post!!! ..THIS TIME. ;)

Give it up, BT...geezzus!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:23:44 PM by Cindy »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 10:47:21 PM »

?

Knutey

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »

I am completely amazed at your concern for one benign post of mine.  ??? My god, BT...have you lost it?

With all due respect.

You have a bad bad habit of throwing stones, Bill.

My god...If my response were to chastise SIRS...who gives a fuck!
Pardon me, but sometimes you push a person to a cursing boiling point!

I wasn't chastising Sirs post!!! ..THIS TIME. ;)

Give it up, BT...geezzus!

You must forgive these greedy dweebs, Cindy. They have become extremely touchy since they discovered that their taxes are about to be raised. This is far worse than losing a child to them. They must raise every diversion they can to not be discovered for the shallow Charlatans that they are.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »
Obama promised me a tax cut.

Knutey

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 11:09:24 PM »
Obama promised me a tax cut.

Nah, You gotta be makin over $250 K per year or you are a fool! Oh ! Sorry.