Author Topic: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon  (Read 12071 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2008, 02:52:17 AM »
<<this is very directly an "empty suit " or "no Beef" ploy , it is really reaching to consider it a stubtle racist ploy>>

Bullshit. Nothing subtle about it.  Black guy, two blonde bimbos.  Subtle, my ass.

<<The Empty Suit himself didn't think of this the same day it came out >>

More bullshit.  How do you know what he thought? 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »
<<this is very directly an "empty suit " or "no Beef" ploy , it is really reaching to consider it a stubtle racist ploy>>

Bullshit. Nothing subtle about it.  Black guy, two blonde bimbos.  Subtle, my ass.

<<The Empty Suit himself didn't think of this the same day it came out >>

More bullshit.  How do you know what he thought? 

I know that it was twenty hours before anyone in his camp thought of it as a racial angle , then they jumped on it .

The two starlets in question are famous for being Vapid , the exact thing that the commercial was about.

Notice the commercial does not accuse BHO of bveing with them , it accuses him of being like them.

The connection with Racism is a serious stretch .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2008, 10:17:24 AM »
The connection with Racism is a serious stretch .

=========================================
The Doublemint Twins were a very serious stretch from stuff you put in your mouth and chew on. "Catch the Wave" has nothing to do with Coke, and is only sort of related to part of the logo. So what. This is not rational advertising, it is psychological headgames.

Two short blonde bimbos. One tall Black man. Both are inserted in the mind of the possibly beer-addled vidiot hick as he is trying to watch a rerun of American Idol. In his mind there are ancient taboos that say "Black man not BELONG with two blonde bimbos: two of these things not like the other, two of these thing NOT the SAME. This BAD. You vote NO. McCain GOOD, he like bimbo's grandpa, he no mess with bimbo, besides, he same color".

Just like Doublemint twins. Twins, count them one, two. Two mints in one gum. Is big miracle. You buy now.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2008, 10:21:38 AM »
You really do feel contempt for the average American, don't you?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2008, 10:38:49 AM »
<<I know that it was twenty hours before anyone in his camp thought of it as a racial angle , then they jumped on it .>>

That's ridiculous.  The racism was apparent and instantly obvious.  That it took them 20 hours to formulate a response to it is of zero significance.  They might well have debated several lines of attack. 

<<The two starlets in question are famous for being Vapid , the exact thing that the commercial was about.>>

Yeah, right.  A professor of constitutional law at a renowned law school is vapid.  Like the two bimbos.  As if nobody but a blonde bimbo could personify vapidity.  As if ANYONE would believe Obama is "vapid."  Especially in comparison with a 70-year-old who finished fifth last in his class at a military school.  Now pull the other one.

You really ARE naive.  That commercial was pure racism and the excuses you are developing for it are pathetic.  And THEN that wizened little war criminal has the fucking nerve to claim that it is OBAMA who "played the race card."  This guy is giving new meaning to "chutzpah."  Pisses on your head and tells you it's only rain.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:21:15 PM by Michael Tee »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
Look, advertising of this sort gets results.

Do you actually think that the Doublemint Twins would have been the symbol for Wrigley's gum for decades if these inane ads did not sell gum? How do you spell relief? You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with P-------t. Brusha brusha brusha, new I----a Toothpaste, says Bucky Beaver. All these ads are designed to put a word or an emotion into your mind. So is rolling a pair of slight white blonde bimbos around a tall Black Obama into a joint and letting you decide if they belong together. Two women one man. Polygamy. Muslim. Miscegenation! Bad! Wrong!

People are not rational when they watch ads, and many people have the reasoning part of their minds turned off when watching TV, anyway. It is not without reason that TV has been called "chewing gum for the mind." People enjoy watching other people bicker and fight and eat worms and win huge amounts of money by answering very easy multiple choice questions.

An uncle of mine never missed Wheel of Fortune. He watched twice a day, all in reruns. Of course he knew all the answers. And he was not by any means an unsuccessful person. He made it through HS, and worked in the aircraft industry as an assembler, at Sears in various jobs, and made a killing selling lots in Tarzana California. He was a millionaire. He hated Jimmy Carter because Jimmy had canceled a naval base in the desert where he had planned to build rental apartments for sailors and their wives. You could not ask him why he thought the Navy needed a base in the Mojave Desert without upsetting him in the extreme, because he ended up renting those apartments to Mexicans who overtaxed the plumbing and caused him much grief and woe. He eventually sold the apts. for a small profit (next to nothing, he said). He felt Jimmy Carter had betrayed him by not sending several thousand sailors out to the Mojave Desert for him to rent apartments to.

He wanted to shoot sea lions, and didn't see why clear cutting national forests was a bad idea. And most of his friends were more daft than he was. A good, solid Reagan Republican.

This ad by McCain was designed by marketing experts, and I imagine that it is especially effective for the undecided non-thinking, inarticulate sort of individual that will decide this election. There are a lot of stupid people in this country, Selling stupid people crap that they don't need, like selling a $60,000 Hummer to some yokel to drive to the supermarket in because her feels safer, for example is not only possible, it is at the core of the economy.

McCain (and Obama as well) will be peddled this way, because it it what gets results. It is not my fault that many of my fellow Americans are stupid, unreasoning oafs. I have dedicated my life to teaching them. But oafs they are, and they will decide who runs this unfortunate country. I am merely the messenger, revealing the battle plan.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 11:40:35 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

ZoSo

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »
I don't think that any of the Swift Boat Veterans , except Kerry himself spent Millions.

Or found any millions either.

You're kidding, right?

According to information released by the IRS on February 22, 2005, more than half of the group's reported contributions came from just three sources, all prominent Texas Republican donors: Houston builder Bob J. Perry, a longtime supporter of George W. Bush, donated $4.45 million, Harold Simmons' Contrans donated $3 million, and T. Boone Pickens, Jr. donated $2 million. Other major contributors included Bush fundraiser Carl Lindner ($300,000), Robert Lindner ($260,000), GOP contributor Aubrey McClendon ($250,000), George Matthews Jr. ($250,000), and Crow Holdings ($100,000).

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2008, 02:32:34 PM »
You're kidding, right?

According to information released by the IRS on February 22, 2005, more than half of the group's reported contributions came from just three sources, all prominent Texas Republican donors: Houston builder Bob J. Perry, a longtime supporter of George W. Bush, donated $4.45 million, Harold Simmons' Contrans donated $3 million, and T. Boone Pickens, Jr. donated $2 million. Other major contributors included Bush fundraiser Carl Lindner ($300,000), Robert Lindner ($260,000), GOP contributor Aubrey McClendon ($250,000), George Matthews Jr. ($250,000), and Crow Holdings ($100,000).

Which one of the ones that donated over a million were swift boat veterans?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »
Are you ashamed of Hussein? It is his real middle name and it isn't strange for prominent people to be called by all three .

No.  That's not an honest argument, Plane, and I'm going to call everyone on the right on this one.

Yes it is true that SOME people are referred to with three names.  But FEW are.  Most of us go by two, and Barrack obviously chooses to be one.  If Barrack Obama WANTS to be called by his middle name that is different.  But we are not referring to John McCain by his middle name.  We call GWB "Dubya" simply to differentiate him from his father, just as John Quincy Adams was probably called to differentiate him from his pop.

The appelage "Barrack Hussein Obama" is there to insinuate a Muslim connection and to connote a relationship with Saddam and his ilk.  It is cynical word games at best and fear-mongering at worst.  There is absolutely no reason to use the middle name and doing so instantly makes me ignore the user.  

There is no way the right side gets this one right.  "Hussein" is only his middle name by coincidence.  My middle name is Craig.  NOBODY knows that except my family (and now you guys).  It is irrelevant.  So is "Hussein."

Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »
Is it possible that people who call the dem candidate Barrack Obama sublimely pointing out his lack of military experience?

Are they insinuating he is more suited to Quonset huts than officers quarters?

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
Is it possible that people who call the dem candidate Barrack Obama sublimely pointing out his lack of military experience?

Are they insinuating he is more suited to Quonset huts than officers quarters?

It's the military way to say he's "in da house."

D'oh.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2008, 03:23:48 PM »
I don't think that any of the Swift Boat Veterans , except Kerry himself spent Millions.

Or found any millions either.

You're kidding, right?

John Kerry is a Swift Boat veteran and spent millions , no one on your list here is a Swift Boat Veteran.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »
There is no way the right side gets this one right.  "Hussein" is only his middle name by coincidence.  My middle name is Craig.  NOBODY knows that except my family (and now you guys).  It is irrelevant.  So is "Hussein."

It is irrelevant also insignifigant in the deepest meaning of the word insignifigant.

But it does pull their chain , they are still worried that they will loose the racist vote.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2008, 03:44:23 PM »
<<But it does pull their chain , they are still worried that they will loose the racist vote.>>

No, they are obviously never going to get the racist vote and they know that at least as well as you know that.  They are worried about the loss of lukewarm fence-sitters, who due to the sheer awfulness of McSame as a candidate, are seriously considering Obama, but can hopefully be dissuaded by racist appeals, to their resentment against the black "defilers" of "Southern womanhood."

ZoSo

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »
John Kerry is a Swift Boat veteran and spent millions , no one on your list here is a Swift Boat Veteran.

True. They were only members of the club weren't they.

I understand  that  not one of the swift boat veterans who claimed Kerry received his decorations dishonorably actually served on the the boat with him when he was cited for heroism or was wounded.

That's something the pimps who financed them have in common with the swift boaters.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:59:12 PM by ZoSo »