Author Topic: Report: Patriots to sign Tim Tebow  (Read 9345 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Report: Patriots to sign Tim Tebow
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
I do not dislike him.

But he is not miraculous.

I cannot say I actually know anyone I consider to be miraculous. Perhaps I have high standards for this, but I would require someone to demonstrate that they can regularly violate the physical laws of the universe to be miraculous. Maybe if Tebow could fly, or leap over tall buildings with a single bound or perhaps change water to Chardonny or Beaujolis, that could be miraculous.

As for there being more of him, well, I don't know: 22 jocks or more NFL jocks, all kneeling in prayer, might tend to be tedious. I bet they would break for a commercial to sell more beer or trucks or whatever.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 05:15:55 PM »
Leno: ‘Now That Tebow’s Associated With the Word "Patriot" He’s Being Audited by the IRS’

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »
lol
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
As Patriots fans, here in the Athens of America, we are only interested in one thing,
can he contribute to the Patriots or not? All the rest is just populist theater that interests
us not one iota. BSB
Tim Tebow's "Spirituality" No Small Factor
For Patriots Owner Robert Kraft

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/13/tim-tebows-spirituality-no-small-factor-for-patriots-owner-robert-kraft/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BSB

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 06:00:30 PM »
I got a news flash for you. Kraft doesn't decide who plays for the Patriots, Belichick does. Kraft decides who to hire to make that decision.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:44 PM »
I got a news flash for you. Kraft doesn't decide who plays for the Patriots, Belichick does. Kraft decides who to hire to make that decision. BSB

I doubt Kraft hires people to lead his team with a totally different vision from his own
but nice try....lol

BSB

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 09:09:19 PM »
Look dipstick, Belichick doesn't care if this guy hates Jesus Christ, God, and the Buddha. He wants him to play football, keep his mouth shut, and stay out of trouble. Kraft wants to do his job, in this case, by presenting a united front. That's what good football teams do and that's why he said what he said. Whether he believes it or not is irrelevant. He was using the media to the Patriots advantage.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
Look dipstick, Belichick doesn't care if this guy hates Jesus Christ, God, and the Buddha. He wants him to play football, keep his mouth shut, and stay out of trouble. Kraft wants to do his job, in this case, by presenting a united front. That's what good football teams do and that's why he said what he said. Whether he believes it or not is irrelevant. He was using the media to the Patriots advantage. BSB

BSB if you don't think Mr. Kraft is involved with decisions especially like this one I think you are sadly mistaken.

Take a look at the video below and pay special attention at the 5:13 mark

Pats owner Robert Kraft on Jets rivalry, top NFL players and Belichick- Impact Players

BSB

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »
I told you how it works. I live here. I know the Patriots. I know how they operate inside, away from the media, and outside, in full view of the press. But by all means, Texas, you think what you want.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 11:39:49 PM »
I told you how it works. I live here. I know the Patriots. I know how they operate inside,
away from the media, and outside, in full view of the press. But by all means, Texas,
you think what you want. BSB
Yes I will take Mr Kraft at his word.

Wed June 12, 2013

Tim Tebow's "Spirituality" Appealed to Robert Kraft
While Making Decision to Sign Third-String Quarterback

http://nesn.com/2013/06/tim-tebows-spirituality-appealed-to-robert-kraft-while-making-decision-to-sign-third-string-quarterback/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 12:36:27 AM »
Are there any Zen or Jain NFL players ?

BSB

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »
"Yes I will take Mr Kraft at his word."

You'll take whatever it's convenient for you to take because that's who, and what, you are. If we were talking about spygate you'd have a different take.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »
thats funny SIRS!

BSB

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »
There's only one plausible use for Tim Tebow Posted by Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff
June 14, 2013 07:25 AM
By Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff
All everyone wants to know is what the Patriots plan to do with their new lefthanded Swiss Army knife, Tim Tebow.
Will he lead the team into uncharted waters as a wildcat QB? Will he show up in the backfield, behind Tom Brady as a fullback? Will he show off his pass catching ability, maybe as a tight end?
Will he be the team's backup quarterback? (What of Ryan Mallett?)
Daring to ask Patriots head coach Bill Belichick to specify one or the other is as humorous as it is useless. Thus feeds the Tebow fire. Therefore, we don't just term it a circus because what it is comes across as clear as stripes on a zebra.
It's a project. And one that Belichick is quite ready to take on, with all the hoopla that comes along for the ride. But it is one that has reasonable expectations, or aspirations, and low risk (2 years, base $1.36 million).
Why is that? Because there is reason to believe that Tebow can function in the Patriots offense in a subset of plays that will make him a useful addition. And although Tebow may be rated on the low end of mobile quarterbacks, no one is questioning his mobility, or the trend that is occurring in the NFL at his position.
Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Robert Griffin III, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, and Ryan Tannehill can all be considered mobile quarterbacks. It just so happens that four of those quarterbacks represent 33 percent of the league's 2012 playoff teams. Two others (Newton, Tannehill) are on the Patriots schedule. And that's not including Geno Smith, whom the Jets apparently view as a Tebow replacement.
(Jets coach Rex Ryan said this week that Smith will work in Tebow's old role as a sub-package quarterback, drawing the ire of skeptics.)
A sub-package quarterback. Let the term sink in. It's the only role that is plausible for the 25-year-old quarterback. His blocking was obviously not up to snuff in New York and that diminishes his value at fullback or tight end. And there is no guarantee that he can compete with others who have played the positions throughout their football careers.
Instead, consider Tebow as an option for the Patriots to widen their offensive playbook. And yes, that means veer into the realm of the wildcat.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/06/theres_only_one_plausible_use_for_tim_tebow.html Page 1 of 4