Author Topic: How minimum wage works.  (Read 7672 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How minimum wage works.
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »
McDonald's in Denmark pays over $20 an hour to its employees, who are unionized.
A Big Mac burger there costs just 45 cents more than in the US.

Profits margins are quite often unbelievable.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:21 PM »
sirs does not pay attention to Plane's posts, apparently.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »
I was talking about the larger picture here. I stated the primary factor that motivated me to support the wage increase is the fact minimum wage has been behind the increase of cost of everything else. and this fact has coincide with the spending decline this country has experienced . I`m not saying only minimum wage workers are spending in America but that wages at the bottom end does has influence on wages on up .

the lower the pay the lower the responsibility. we mention unpaid interns and the interesting fact is companies who get free workers tend to not hire them due to the built-in lack of respect for people who are willing to work for low or no pay. cu did once mention he would be hesitant to hire an macdonalds employee. that natural pause is enough to delay the hiring of a lot of people who don`t know how to tweek their resume. a higher wage will highly likely change the responsibility of said worker and such status will follow later on. now to my primary goal is increase spending. higher wages means people who can rent ,that statement alone will have a significant impact on our economy. our presence wage doesn`t do that very well. yes we may have less employed but those that made it will have a significant effect. higher numbers of low paid populous will not do this simply because they don`t buy anything.

ooops forgot to say cu did not say he won`t hire just have pause.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:36:30 AM by kimba1 »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2014, 01:55:35 AM »
sirs does not pay attention to Plane's posts, apparently.

Do you realize how many posts, we all provide.  Do you read EVERYTHING I post?  That Cu4 posts??  We're not going to catch EVERYTHING said, which is why when someone says something, that someone else missed, one simply asks for a little clarity.  It doesn't equate to not paying attention.  It equates to having missed it the 1st time mentioned.  oy    ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2014, 05:19:43 AM »
   There can't be a requirement to read everything.

If Sirs skips mine now and then it is likely because we seldom disagree very much.

Why read over what you already understand thoroughly?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
   There can't be a requirement to read everything.

Apparently there is....otherwise you're not paying attention, according to the Professor's whacked out parameters     ::)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »
McDonald's in Denmark pays over $20 an hour to its employees, who are unionized.
A Big Mac burger there costs just 45 cents more than in the US.

Last I checked, BM's in Demmark were greater than 45cents more, compared to the U.S.  (avg cost of a BM in the U.S. approx $4.60.  avg cost of a BM in Demnark, approx $5.20, in U.S. dollars).  Did you also factor in cost of living, inflation rates, poverty levels, and overall sales of BM's per a % of the population, for each country??   Not so quite black & white without doing your homework. 

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:40:16 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
If the Danes are paid $20 an hour and the damn burger is only 45 cents more, we much assume that the company is making a profit. So it is possible to pay $20 an hour here and raise the price the same 45 cents, or probably less, because taxes are higher in Denmark. The rest of the crap you mentioned is irrelevant.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
No, we can't assume anything, since you're comparing apples to oranges.  What is the Denmark poverty line compared to ours?  What is their level of inflation compared to ours?  How many damn BM's do they sell, as a % of their population to ours?  Then you can start making direct comparisons between our selling BM's and the cost involved to McD's, vs those in Denmark.

Do your homework, Professor, before you come to class with an incomplete report

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »
uhm, didn`t someone use such comparision to oppose ? australia

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »
Not I.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »
I have ZERO obligation to follow your orders.

I do not have to prove to you that $20 is more than $7.00. I do not have to prove to you that unionized Danes are better off than poor Americans who you yourself claim should never expect to get paid a living wage.

You are not in charge, sirs. You do not give me orders, you simple schmuck.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »
DEFLECTION ALERT.......I gave you no orders to follow Professor deflection.  Merely demonstrated where your shortcoming was, in your latest claim.  Your decision if you want to shore it up or not.  The consistency of you not has always been admired 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »
hmm
 I tried

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
Anyone that admires you, sirs, is a total moron.