Author Topic: Tying GOP to Bush is Winner for Dems  (Read 4387 times)

RoboPoster

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tying GOP to Bush is Winner for Dems
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
Tying GOP to Bush is Winner for Dems

Greg Sargent, Washington Post
UPDATE, 1:45 p.m.: A Democratic aide points out that the polling memo also contains empirical evidence that if the public is persuaded that voting Republican would be a return to Bush policies, it has a dramatic impact on voter attitudes:If Americans believe that conservatives are espousing a return to the same economic ideas as those of the former President, the dynamic of the debate turns on its head. In two separate split sample questions, we tested President Obama's economic plan against a generic conservative economic plan. When the conservative plan failed to mention President...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2010/08/03/tying_gop_to_bush_is_winner_for_dems_238912.html

mirstnkim

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Tying GOP to Bush is Winner for Dems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:53:20 PM »
I just can't help but chuckle when Obama etal say that the Republicans are doing nothing, they are the party of nothing.  Last I heard, Democrats were the majority in all three branches.
I also know that the majority of their ideas are shut down before they even hit the floor. 
I think a bit of honesty goes a long ways here.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:13:25 PM »
The GOP hasn't nationalized this election like they did in 94 with the Contract with America.

Where is their battle flag? What will they do if they win the House? What will they do if they win both the House and the Senate?

What are they doing to win your vote?

mirstnkim

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:35:30 AM »
I have to admit, I am leaning more towards libertarian all the time.  I absolutely love what the Tea Movement is doing.
I am not happy with the Republicans and hope that a strong leader steps forward.  I am thinking that come Spring, we will see some true leaders step up.  Right now, it is getting change in Nov.
I am backing the newbies all the way.  There are some exciting people running, many backed by Tea.
I have been for term limits, but now I beg for them.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 12:44:23 PM »
I have to admit, I am leaning more towards libertarian all the time.  I absolutely love what the Tea Movement is doing.
I am not happy with the Republicans and hope that a strong leader steps forward.  I am thinking that come Spring, we will see some true leaders step up.  Right now, it is getting change in Nov.
I am backing the newbies all the way.  There are some exciting people running, many backed by Tea.
I have been for term limits, but now I beg for them.

You can't hardly go wrong if you vote for conservatives. drop the party. Look who call themselves R, Olympia Snow, Lindsey Graham and John McCain.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »
I absolutely love what the Tea Movement is doing.
I am not happy with the Republicans and hope that a strong leader steps forward.

DITTO on both.  And if you have any time to spend here in the saloon Miss Kim, watch how the left continues to try to villify the Tea Party as a bunch of racists, yet never once demonstrating the proof of such.  Especially given the consistent denouncing of such folks by the Tea Party themselves.  It's amazing to watch....the utter and complete level of ignorance on display, while trying to use Occam's razor as the supposed explanation.  How convenient, yet consistent.  Lack of proof is apparently proof positive.

And again, great to see you posting again, even if its on a minimal level    8)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »
And if you have any time to spend here in the saloon Miss Kim, watch how the left continues to try to villify the Tea Party as a bunch of racists, yet never once demonstrating the proof of such.

"Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness."

Mary Frances Berry  Professor of American Social Thought and History, U. Penn.
http://www.politico.com/arena/perm/Mary_Frances_Berry_91E3D9D5-C40D-440C-9D48-1C50CBC60C87.html
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 02:01:21 PM »
In otherwords, its purely a political strategy, devoid of any substance, merely a deflection effort to better Dems chances for maintaining majority status in Nov?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
If advocating equal treatment regardless of race, gender, nation of origin or economic condition  is racist so be it.

Let the progressives stake out their advocacy of unequal treatment.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
Works for me

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »
Who is exciting among the Teapartiers? Rand Paul? Sharon Angle?

It appears to be an assortment of grumpy old farts throwing a tantrum. Strangely, when Juniorbush was president, they  did not seem to complain about taxes.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »
Probably because Bush actually cut everyone's income tax rates

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 08:18:10 PM »
Who is exciting among the Teapartiers? Rand Paul? Sharon Angle?

As far as i know there are no Tea Party Candidtes. There are candidates endorsed by local Tea Party groups.

This is not a top down organization, and their model is no different than what Kos did with his Act Blue initiative.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:44 PM »
<<If advocating equal treatment regardless of race, gender, nation of origin or economic condition  is racist so be it.>>

That kind of simplistic shit just won't fly any more.  Fortunately most Americans live in the real world and can see the results of racism all around them with their own eyes.  Equal treatment for all runners in the race, even for the guy who starts with a 20-lb weight strapped to each leg, is bullshit.  Most folks can see through Tea Party racism with their eyes shut.  Lotsa luck widdat.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 10:57:58 PM »
Lotsa luck every trying to validate that asanine claim with actual reality....that ironically those same real world folks also live in

Your opinion on this matter has about as much credibility as largely, .....every other asanine baseless claim you perseverate on