Author Topic: conservatives react to Palin  (Read 11006 times)

Cynthia

Re: conservatives react to Palin
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
If McCain mentions even once that he understands the broken act needs tweaked...he's probably going to be looking pretty good to me, as well. It's a tough one for me. But, for now the children DESERVE more.

Perhaps you should up on it.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ce50b5-daa8-4795-b92d-92bd0d985bca.htm

No Child Left Behind has focused our attention on the realities of how students perform against a common standard. John McCain believes that we can no longer accept low standards for some students and high standards for others.

No where does McCain mention that he is aware that the NCLB act is indeed in need of a major overhaul- broken. Talk about low standards? Under the act, too many schools are not receiving enough, Ami.  I do believe that the agenda on the conservative side of the arena is interested in overloading the public schools with "just do the basics" in order to enhance their own desire for vouchers. Let's put the screws to teh PS's and then the families will be forced to seek home schooling or other quality schools. To coin a phrase BZZZZZZZ. It simply isn't enough for McCain to state that he thinks we could do better. Obama was quoted (on video) saying how the act needs tweaked in precise ways. But, that video was shunned by the good folks on this board...laughed at by the Sirfly don't bother me.
  It escapes the general population and those of you on this board who refuse to believe that the NCLB act is helping this nation's children. It hasn't so far. It has only encouraged systems to teach the basics  RWM..and that's all!-----I have said it once and I'll say it again the NCLB act is leaving not only children behind but quality education in the dust.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
Then read it all. Did you read the continuation page?

John McCain Will Build On The Lessons Of No Child Left Behind (NCLB). There should be an emphasis on standards and accountability. However, our goal cannot be group averages. Instead, our focus should be to inspire every child to strive to reach his or her potential. While NCLB has been invaluable in providing a clear picture of which schools and students are struggling, it is only the beginning of education reform.

There is plenty of stuff there. You just haven't bothered to read it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:29 PM »
If McCain mentions even once that he understands the broken act needs tweaked...he's probably going to be looking pretty good to me, as well. It's a tough one for me. But, for now the children DESERVE more.

Perhaps you should up on it.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ce50b5-daa8-4795-b92d-92bd0d985bca.htm

No Child Left Behind has focused our attention on the realities of how students perform against a common standard. John McCain believes that we can no longer accept low standards for some students and high standards for others.

No where does McCain mention that he is aware that the NCLB act is indeed in need of a major overhaul- broken. Talk about low standards? Under the act, too many schools are not receiving enough, Ami.  I do believe that the agenda on the conservative side of the arena is interested in overloading the public schools with "just do the basics" in order to enhance their own desire for vouchers. Let's put the screws to teh PS's and then the families will be forced to seek home schooling or other quality schools. To coin a phrase BZZZZZZZ. It simply isn't enough for McCain to state that he thinks we could do better. Obama was quoted (on video) saying how the act needs tweaked in precise ways. But, that video was shunned by the good folks on this board...laughed at by the Sirfly don't bother me.
  It escapes the general population and those of you on this board who refuse to believe that the NCLB act is helping this nation's children. It hasn't so far. It has only encouraged systems to teach the basics  RWM..and that's all!-----I have said it once and I'll say it again the NCLB act is leaving not only children behind but quality education in the dust.

Then quit the union honey and get the politics out of our children's education... or just get the government out of the education business all-together and leave it to private interests. Tax Incentives

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:28 PM »
<<Then quit the union honey and get the politics out of our children's education... or just get the government out of the education business all-together and leave it to private interests. Tax Incentives>>

Hilarious advice.

Quit the union, honey.  Get back to the days when the teachers swept the floors, washed the windows, heated the building, shoveled the walks and somehow found the time to squeeze in a few minutes of book-larnin somewhere in the course of their busy days.  Didn't get paid a helluva lot but then lotsa good folk were prepared to stand the teacher a good solid meal at their own tables mebbe oncet a fortnight in rotation.  None a them teachers starved to death, believe you me.

It gets better:  Just get the government out of th education business altogether and leave it to private interests.  Back to the 16th century!!  The faster the better!!  Do we need more educated citizens or do we need more trained robotic killers who will go anywhere, no questions asked, and kill anyone they're told to kill.  Privatize.  Let the bastards go to Enron University.  Blackwater College.  The Halliburton School of Government Contracting.  Training for the Real World by Real Robots.

Kramer, I bet if McCain wins and then kicks it two months into his term, Palin's gonna select YOU to be her Education Czar.  You're a natural for the position.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:54:00 PM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »
Sirs didn't write the post you responded to.
BTW both Biden and Obama attended private schools.

Far as i can tell of the 4 only Palin is a public school product.

Cynthia

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 11:39:49 PM »
Sirs didn't write the post you responded to.
BTW both Biden and Obama attended private schools.

Far as i can tell of the 4 only Palin is a public school product.

SirFly sure does butt in on my posts, however... enough so that I have shellysir ;) shock..

Ok seriously, now. I am going to read the entire article. Chalking this evening up. Had a rough patch of an afternoon with a family member in crisis. I should know better than to reply to Ami without some serious thought. I do trust your reply posts, Ami..... So, hey I am sorry for jumpin' to conclusions.

I will re read the entire article.  Believe it or not, I do want McCain to come on board when it comes to reform, and change.

I am opened minded more than some around here, afterall.

Later....

Cindy

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
My apologies.  My last post should have been a reply to Kramer and not sirs.  I corrected it.  Thanks, BT.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:54:38 PM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »
My apologies.  My last post should have been a reply to Kramer and not sirs.  I corrected it.  Thanks, BT.

NP i know how sensitive you are to your advanced age and didn't want the folks around here thinking you had gone senile on us.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2008, 12:35:45 AM »
Sirs didn't write the post you responded to.   BTW both Biden and Obama attended private schools.  Far as i can tell of the 4 only Palin is a public school product.

SirFly sure does butt in on my posts, however... enough so that I have shellysir shock..

In English?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2008, 12:48:17 AM »
<<NP i know how sensitive you are to your advanced age and didn't want the folks around here thinking you had gone senile on us. >>

LOL 

Don't worry about it.  When it happens, it happens.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2008, 12:49:49 AM »
Don't worry about it.  When it happens, it happens.

Ain't that the truth.