Author Topic: Can mens rights have friends?  (Read 2048 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Can mens rights have friends?
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkaXF8XupmM&feature=youtu.be&a

Don't taint your friends with your bull.

Don't claim them as friends.

If they are doing right on their own , leave them unsullied by your extreme reputation.

Hahahahahaha!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Can mens rights have friends?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwPRFyjCt5U&feature=player_detailpage

False accusers have advantage.

Does this rob credibility from righteous accusers?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGX7ZXkT-PM

Bill Cosby defense take notes.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »
I have never heard anything about this guy. I know nothing about him or of the women who are accusing him and the videos are pretty meaningless to me because of this.
Complaining about how unfair the "Court of Public Opinion" is is a waste of time.

Bill Cosby I have heard of, but I was not there and have not heard enough about any of the parties to have much of an opinion. I don't see any point of
dealing with the details, because i won't be on the jury. Cosby has enough money to guarantee that he won't spend the rest of his life in jail.

I agree that drugging women for sex is sleazy and should be illegal. Of course, men have been using alcohol in the same way for eons. Some women seem to rather expect it. There is that old Jimmy Buffet song that asks the musical question, "Why don't we get drunk and screw?" I have never dated a woman that appreciated this approach and then changed her mind about it the next day, but such women do exist. Cosby's drugs were simply more effective than booze, and of course, the women allegedly did not know they had been slipped a mickey
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »
  This guy was accused by several women of harsh mistreatment, things looked bad for him until his defense uncovered collusion between these women between the time he was first accused and the time of the trial.

I am broken hearted with Bill Cosby, I have liked his act for years and considered him a good guy. If he beats the rap , but is reveled as a bad man who committed several rapes, I will still be very disappointed in him.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 11:44:27 PM »
Cosby is a great TV actor and certainly did more good for the many than harm for the few.

I will be surprised if he does any jail time.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 01:37:06 AM »
The problem with bill is he made too many enemies and they finally got thier chance to laugh at him. i believe a good chunk of it from that rant about the black youths. He totally meant well but the community totally did not appreciate his critique

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »
I don't think that the attacks on Cosby are coming from the punks he criticized.

Slipping women a mickey for sex is clearly immoral. It is worse than getting them drunk, because everyone known that alcohol inhibits judgement. When women drink booze, they have every reason to expect the results. When drugged unknowingly, they don't.

I agree with what Cosby said about punks, but he should have said it in a more diplomatic manner. More like the Clint Eastwood character in Gran Torino. Of course, the film was about how a crotchety old fart became a hero. And it was fictional.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 03:04:08 PM »
it`s not just the punks it`s the black community that was offended. afterwards many represenatives tried to divert focus to what bill said and bring sympathy to thier problems. bills statement was very polarizing. he basicly said the problems the black community  is largely self-inflicted and need to finally get thier kids to pull thier damn pants up and get a job. not something you`ll ever hear the black community will ever say. since the scandal happened I have been hearing critiques of bill`s hypocracy.

I tend to think bill was more a product of his time. such act in the 70`s,80`s would be considered minor and hushed. men of certain status will take liberties from time to time. but times changes and now we learn this is totally not acceptable today. i think  bill had enemies in court this is way too onesided for such a old charge. pretty sure this type of case would of been settled by now

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 07:28:56 PM »
  There is very good reason to consider surreptitious drugging of people as a criminal act.

If there was a time when it was more acceptable , then I prefer the less accepting present.

If this accusation was less believable , or was leveled at someone I had not grown fond of, I would be less upset .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »
What Cosby said was undiplomatic, but in many ways a correct cataloging of problems in the Black community (many of which were shared with some White people as well).

I agree that Cosby is hardly perfect, but I don't think this is exactly hypocrisy, as he was not complaining about men slipping the mickey to women for sex.
As I said, Cosby, like several other celebrities (Roman Polanski and perhaps Woody Allen) is a very talented guy who has some character flaws.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 12:06:52 AM »
The problem is some people want only flawless role models and I'm greatful thats rarely possible. Ex. Mr rogers. i see no problems an ex-addict teach anti-drug lessons. I see no hypocrisy for sarah palin daughter teaching abstinence.

I know people who never took drugs and think all of them are the exact same. Zero knowledge og effects. Not sayingvtake drugs but at least do some research.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Sarah Palin's daughter can teach abstinence okay. I'm okay with that.

But I don't think that any woman needs to do "research" by having unprotected sex to reach the conclusion that it might result in pregnancy.

Some actions, like dropping anvils off the top  of skyscrapers onto the sidewalk below, do not require research.
Sex causing pregnancy is one of them.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
Actually maybe it does require research. I'd be hardpressed to believe teenage kids know how to control themselves in heated situations. I know adults that have trouble controling it so teenagers would likely need more guidance to avoid certain situations. Also many parents tend to exaggerate things so having a younger person teach abstinence maybe a more viable.
I suspect parents who give flawed information may likely lose the trust of thier kids for getting help

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »
I think the problem with unplanned pregnancy is directly related to religious taboos on sex as recreation.
Girls do not like to think of themselves as sluts, so they do not prepare themselves to not get pregnant, which is pretty easy to do. Perhaps they do not want their doctor to think of them as sluts, either. So when the moment that passion overcomes what they were supposed to have learned in church, they just take their chances.

This is not to say than men & boys are not responsible as well, but of course, they are not prone to getting pregnant.