Author Topic: The Worst of Both Worlds  (Read 8359 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Worst of Both Worlds
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:26 PM »
Wow....what a low bar you have to "feel threatened".  Good thing I'm not near you, since if I sneezed in your direction, you'd have accused me of an assault

And yes, you stop the inflow of illegial immigration at the border, then you fix those inside.  Otherwise, you've done nothing but allow an endless supply of illegal immigration.  Name ONE other country that allows such access, not just into their country, but to so many tax payer provided programs, by non-nationals into their country
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »
Now you want to have a competition?

The border is important to a degree, but this is just a stalling technique to prevent anything from being passed by morons like Sessions of Alabama and similar imbeciles.

If that is added to the bill, then hundreds of suits to prevent the building of walls and surveillance equipment will be entered. Nothing will happen.

The GOP is doomed. They are running out of old stupid angry men.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 01:27:22 PM »
Now you want to have a competition?

Ummm.....competition?  No, I asked what country provides the same access into both the country and tax payer payed resources.  Can you name even 1?

The border is important to a degree, but this is just a stalling technique to prevent anything from being passed by morons like Sessions of Alabama and similar imbeciles.

No, its a starting point.  But morons like Schumer & Reid want it all......and who can blame them....potential permanent minority status for the GOP?  Of course they're going to push this, the way its written, and of course similar imbeciles are going to support that

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
I wonder if eventually we'll all just become citizens of the world?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
Nope....Americans are too intimately connected to the ideals of Freedom and Liberty, for that to ever happen.  FAR too many lives sacrificed for that Freedom & Liberty, to just hand over to some global body to take control

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »
We are all citizens of the world in many ways. We all have to pay what OPEC thinks oil is worth. Banks base their rates on the world markets.

And there is the US Declaration of Human Rights. Economics will force all countries to become more similar with every passing year.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »
U.S. Constitution is pretty clear cut, I'm afraid.  But good luck on trying to make Iran and China more like us

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »
China is already more like us than it was in the days of Mao or even the days of Deng,

Iran will eventually follow.

The US will also become more like other countries. This is not something I have an part in, so wishing me luck is a bit idiotic. I am an observer. All I do is vote and belong to a few groups like Public Citizen and Common Cause and stay informed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
China is already more like us than it was in the days of Mao or even the days of Deng,

Iran will eventually follow.

The US will also become more like other countries. This is not something I have an part in, so wishing me luck is a bit idiotic

The literal nazi strikes again.  For a language professor you don't do rhetorical very well, do you.  Talk about idiotic

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
You could not pass a course in rhetoric with a dozen suppositories.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:22 PM »
Oooooooooo.......that's so funny.......oh my what a knee slapper........I'm rolling over and over at how sharp that wit is.........really          ;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
This is the administration that has refused to enforce the law....they have created new law out of nothing. They’ve violated the law in a number of ways. And our guys are counting on the administration to all of a sudden actually keep their word on something like securing the border when they’ve never done it before and they believe it’s in their political interest to continue not to secure the border even if there’s a deal? I mean that’s crazy to think they’re going to start securing the border and until we secure the border everything else is completely meaningless. -- Louie Gohmert

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »
The nation’s plutocrats are lined up with the Democratic Party in a short-term bid to get themselves cheap labor (subsidized by the rest of us), which will give the Democratic Party a permanent majority. If Rubio’s amnesty goes through, the Republican Party is finished. It will be the “Nancy Pelosi Democratic Party” versus the “Chuck Schumer Republican Party.” --

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »
The federal judge in Crane v. Napolitano has ruled that the ICE agents are likely to prevail in their argument that the Obama administration is ordering them to violate federal law. Think about that: This administration is ordering career law enforcement personnel to break the law. Now, the administration is pushing for an amnesty bill that contains almost nothing to improve immigration enforcement. All that the American citizens will get in return for the amnesty is the promise from the Obama administration that they will try harder to enforce the law. The administration has already shattered that promise, doing exactly the opposite. This is a stark warning to Congress. I sincerely hope that they hear it. -- Kris Kobach

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Almost every requirement in this bill can be waived by Janet Napolitano: for instance, the time limits on when people can be legalized, the requirements on criminal activity or even the enforcement triggers. Those basically don’t mean anything if any of them is held up in court, still. …The litigation over the 1986 bill didn’t end until just a few years ago. The ACLU has been quite clear that it intends to sue to stop mandatory e-verify and probably sue to stop a bunch of other things. If, for instance, mandatory use of electronic verification is still in the courts 10 years after the bill passes, it’s entirely possible the Secretary of Homeland Security can just give everybody Green Cards on her own — and there are hundreds of other examples of that kind of discretion. It’s not too much of an exaggeration to say that this 1,000 page bill after all of the amendments could be boiled down to, “We trust you, Obama; just do the right thing.” -- Mark Krikorian