Author Topic: Villaraigosa Calls for Boycott of Arizona  (Read 2990 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Villaraigosa Calls for Boycott of Arizona
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 08:04:13 PM »
<<Not only do those accusations call into question the knowledge of the accusers but their honesty as well.>>

Yeah right.  I'll give that post the only answer it deserves - - go fuck yourself.  You're starting to sound like the one or two morons in this group I don't even bother to answer any more.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
See Bt?  Told you someone might get offended.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 08:08:50 PM »
<<Not only do those accusations call into question the knowledge of the accusers but their honesty as well.>>

Yeah right.  I'll give that post the only answer it deserves - - go fuck yourself.  You're starting to sound like the one or two morons in this group I don't even bother to answer any more.

Mikey have you ever considered that you have the gift to drive people to the brink of moronic behavior?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
It's apparently much easier, not to mention intellectually lazy, to simply call people moron, racist & nazi, vs actually debating specific inquires posed upon them.  Funny how originally the issue with me & Prince was calling Tee out on 1 too many of his lies.  Notice also how neither Prince or myself rarely do, because he doesn't do it very often.  But when he does......God help you if you highlight it for all to see.  He might start calling you a moron....or worse
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
<<Mikey have you ever considered that you have the gift to drive people to the brink of moronic behavior?>>

I don't drive anyone's behaviour, Kramer.  I post what I post and how they choose to respond is 100% their personal decision. It's not up to me and I certainly don't have the right to tell them how to conduct themselves. 

I try to treat the individuals with whom I correspond with a certain basic amount of respect and courtesy, even those whose ideas are simply idiotic.  However, I don't enjoy being personally insulted and I don't feel that personal insults are, or should be, a normal part of a debate.  It bothers me to admit that I find them hurtful, infuriating and/or somewhat depressing, and it's no comfort at all to think that a stronger or more secure personality might just find them amusing or contemptible.  I'm not that person, and I don't enjoy either receiving or responding to, personal insults.  And I've enjoyed this group a lot more than I did originally, ever since I realized that I didn't have to respond to every personal insult, or to any poster who routinely chooses to use them as a form of "debate."

Basically, I have decided to use this group as a debating forum with those against whom I wish to debate, and as for the others, I hope that they are able to find in this group whatever it is that they are looking for as well.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
    Remember when Hugo Chavez stepped up to the UN podium and said that it still smelled of sulfur from the previos speaker?

Even at the head of state level , there is a lot of making it personal, to wit; Ad Hominim.

I don't think our debateing here is done in the ideal way , which would provide a fact rich argument , persuasive with logic and rebuttals that would erase all sloppy thinking produceing an avesary of ideas and facts to insure that the ideas and facts known would acheive a high degree of examination and understanding of all sides of all questions would be advanced.

We seem to argue more like the real world argues , useing obfuscation to cover weaknesses and scateing fast over thin ice.

Attacking the honor or honesty of the person presenting a real arguement ought to be understood as a sort of an admission....

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »
<<Remember when Hugo Chavez stepped up to the UN podium and said that it still smelled of sulfur from the previos speaker?

<<Even at the head of state level , there is a lot of making it personal, to wit; Ad Hominim.>>

I consider that not only one of Chavez' greatest moments, but also one of the General Assembly's greatest moments.  There is nothing wrong with using metaphor to illustrate a point, in this case that Bush was one of the most evil men produced in modern world history, and that the country he represents is almost equally evil, and that despite the never-ending propaganda bullshit of the mightiest power on the face of the earth, it could do nothing to stop Chavez from stating those truths to the world.  The U.S.A. or the evil bastards who control it may one day murder Chavez and destroy Venezuela as they have destroyed Iraq but nothing will take away that moment from the world when Hugo Chavez stood before the entire world and denounced Bush and his country for the evil that they had brought into the world.

That was not, incidentally, in the course of a debate.  Nor would a debate in the UN's General Assembly be anything like a debate in a debating club.  The GA is similar to a Parliament in that debate is under the control of a President, who can rule on whether or not a speaker has breached the rules of the debating assembly.  Here in 3DHS we have to self-regulate, as there is effectively no President.  There is no outside power that can stop a speaker who goes too far.  (Unless the speaker commits some truly outrageous and horrific breach of the unwritten rules, such as spelling "America" with three K's.)

<<I don't think our debateing here is done in the ideal way , which would provide a fact rich argument , persuasive with logic and rebuttals that would erase all sloppy thinking produceing an avesary of ideas and facts to insure that the ideas and facts known would acheive a high degree of examination and understanding of all sides of all questions would be advanced.

<< We seem to argue more like the real world argues , useing obfuscation to cover weaknesses and scateing fast over thin ice.>>

IMHO, we don't adhere to the highest forms of debate, but we're not the worst either.  We fall short.

<<Attacking the honor or honesty of the person presenting a real arguement ought to be understood as a sort of an admission....>>

Except that it's not.  Those who have attacked the honour or honesty of another debater here generally reserve the right to disagree with his views at the same time.  There is no real admission, just the gratuitous attack.  You can't make it into something that it's not, plane.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 10:05:40 PM »
There is no real admission, just the gratuitous attack.  You can't make it into something that it's not, plane.

Can If I want to , and you can't stop me, you doody head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »
LOL.  Can't argue against that logic.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
Oh for Pete's sake Mikey.

Either you are grossly uninformed about the contents of the Arizona law or you are deliberately misrepresenting that law to have racial content when it in fact does not.

Nothing gratuitous about that analysis. And I know you are familiar with gratuitous slurs as you often lead with them.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 10:55:31 PM »
<<Either you are grossly uninformed about the contents of the Arizona law or you are deliberately misrepresenting that law to have racial content when it in fact does not.>>

You know, BT, you're full of shit.  You deliberately twist my words - - I did not, for example, claim that the law had "racial content" - - and then you accuse me of lying because the law does not have racial content.   That's pretty fucking dishonest in its own right. 

The law studiously avoided racial content, while its makers knew God-damn well that it would inevitably be enforced on a strictly racial basis, that is, against Hispanics and not for example against Irish, against whom the legislators have absolutely no racist bias.

And while we're on the subject of gratuitous smears - - there is absolutely nothing gratuitous in labeling a racist attack on basic civil rights as Nazi or Nazi-inspired.  There is a gratuitous smear involved when one falsifies what an opponent has said and then label him as a liar because the words that you have put in his mouth are not true.  You want to question honesty, well question THAT.  That's what I call totally dishonest.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 10:59:06 PM »
What a bunch of bigoted racist ass-holes.  Naturally they're too fucking dumb to know how this thing is going to backfire on them, but they'll find out soon enough.

Says Mikey.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 11:16:17 PM »
<<"What a bunch of bigoted racist ass-holes.  Naturally they're too fucking dumb to know how this thing is going to backfire on them, but they'll find out soon enough."

<<Says Mikey. >>

Well, at least you didn't even attempt to deny your own dishonesty in twisting my words.  I see now you are objecting to a comment that I led with.  Shocking eh?  Why?  Because the AZ legislature ISN'T bigoted?  Because they AREN'T racist?  Because they're NOT ass-holes?

BT there isn't one thing that I've said about the AZ legislature that isn't the God's own truth.  I can appreciate how you don't like those opinions, but there is certainly no denying them.  It is what it is.  And believe me, those fucking morons will come to see the error of their ways, once the backlash sets in.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 11:19:16 PM »
What prevents this law from operateing against Irish Illeagal Immagrants?

(Hereinafter known as the III)

I think it could also be used as a way to handle the Canadian Contraband Characters.

(Hereinafter known as the CCC)

Perhaps it would be a handy law to use if a policeman ran into a prohibited Polish personage?

(Hey, we got the whole alphabet here)

What about it, makes this law racially targeted?  If the person enforceing the law is a bigot there is no safe way to forbid jaywalking. What is a legislature to do?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:08 PM »
Well, at least you didn't even attempt to deny your own dishonesty in twisting my words.  I see now you are objecting to a comment that I led with.  Shocking eh?  Why?  Because the AZ legislature ISN'T bigoted?  Because they AREN'T racist?  Because they're NOT ass-holes?

How am I twisting your words. You call them racists and bigots because they wrote a law that bent over backwards to be racially and ethnically neutral. Either you didn't know what was in the law when you led with the slur or you deliberately mislead. Wear the hat that fits best.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:34:35 AM by BT »